Quantcast

Author Topic: Low Fat Diets and Animal Protein  (Read 17912 times)

haole

• View Profile
Re: Low Fat Diets and Animal Protein
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 09:10:09 pm »
As Americans and Europeans and most of modern man, were off the seasonal/regional eating, with some periods of scarcity.  We pretty much have all the calories we want all the time. Eating in moderation and control seems to be critical.  Restricting methionine does appear to have some promise for life extension at least in rats. 

I would imagine controlling blood sugar probably has a similar protective effect against cancer.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »
I would imagine controlling blood sugar probably has a similar protective effect against cancer.

Smart man.  This is a biggee against many forms of cancer...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 10:35:39 pm »

Smart man.  This is a biggee against many forms of cancer...
I wonder if I should go a day a week without eating at all. ie, fast, as in what caveman watchntv had to deal with sometimes
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

haole

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 10:49:12 pm »
I do occasional intermittent fasts, I lifted fasted today and it ended up being 15 hours between meals.  I will sooner or later do a 24 hour fast here or there, but can't personally see myself ever willingly fasting longer than 24-36 hours.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 10:49:12 pm »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 12:39:00 am »
I do occasional intermittent fasts, I lifted fasted today and it ended up being 15 hours between meals.  I will sooner or later do a 24 hour fast here or there, but can't personally see myself ever willingly fasting longer than 24-36 hours.
I agree with that...I'm not sure about results to expect....I wish I knew more about this topic, but when people refer to a diet of "paleo" (lots of undercooked, fatty meats and sparingly fruit/veggies?)  they also must include days where paleo man at nothing.
right?
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 12:39:00 am »