Quantcast

Author Topic: Dealing with panic induced by mood swings  (Read 2345 times)

electrify

• View Profile
Dealing with panic induced by mood swings
« on: March 16, 2017, 05:40:22 pm »
I have no idea what is going on. I felt relatively good last week and now suddenly and randomly for no reason I am feeling depressed again. I don't think its E2 as that was in the low 30s with T at 900 last month and I have had no protocol change since then.

Ive tried HC on and off and its random as hell--often times it does nothing and sometimes I feel a boost that fixes the low mood

Pregnenolone backfilling is also random as hell and sometimes (statistically maybe once a week) it does something and most days does nothing.

I am wondering how the hell do you dial in every hormone while on TRT.

My latest AM cortisol was around 13. So it wasn't that bad maybe not ideal but not bad. Ive heard cortisol testing is so complicated and difficult to interpret that the doc gave me HC anyways to use as needed but most of the time I don't feel much except on some random day.

No clue whats making my mood shift so much but I tend to panic a lot whenever I feel a depression coming on and then It causes ts own stress which consumes my entire day or days.

Zooka15

• View Profile
Re: Dealing with panic induced by mood swings
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:47:23 pm »
I know when my testosterone get to high 1000 or more, maybe even 900. I get mood issues and anxiety. I know it was not my E2 , because I been down that path with a AI.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:47:23 pm »

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 01:39:16 am »
I know what you mean.  Last week I felt pretty good all week.  This week I've got lots of fatigue, I'm not sleeping well and I don't feel like working out at all.  Didn't change anything in my protocol. 
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 02:31:03 am »
I know what you mean.  Last week I felt pretty good all week.  This week I've got lots of fatigue, I'm not sleeping well and I don't feel like working out at all.  Didn't change anything in my protocol.

Yea its such a mystery how things randomly change. And I know people often say lab test lab tests but the thing is they don't always correlate that well. Its so hard to pinpoint the cause of a low mood at any given moment.

Ive been trying to use the whole aresnal of my CBT skills Ive learned but still cant get out of these moods and then it starts frustrating me even more :(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:42:29 am by electrify »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 02:31:03 am »

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 05:46:34 am »
I know what you are saying about this.  It can be really hard to tell when a particular treatment is doing the trick or not.

electrify, have you tried adding zinc to your therapy?  Not to give you something else to worry about, but it seems to be helpful for me.  I am thinking it could be boosting DHT, or some similar androgenic effect.
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 06:02:25 am »
I know what you are saying about this.  It can be really hard to tell when a particular treatment is doing the trick or not.

electrify, have you tried adding zinc to your therapy?  Not to give you something else to worry about, but it seems to be helpful for me.  I am thinking it could be boosting DHT, or some similar androgenic effect.

I used to use Zinc more regularly a while back. Nowadays I don't really take it that frequently unless I have *ahem* had an orgasm lol. That is one aspect that TRT definitely helped in was the sexual department. Mood wise im still all up and down. I'm getting Zinc/Copper/Ceruloplasmin serum tested soon at my next blood draw.

I missed the adjunct T cream (for the DHT boost that doesn't seem to happen with injections as much for me) for a few days and really felt it then when I got back on it solved the mood issue but that was last week. Now this week my mood randomly fell again for no reason. I mean hell my life is going pretty well and somehow I still fall into low moods that tend to spiral out of control while they are there. They don't last forever but it sure feels like they will while I experience them.

I'm doing everything I can though.

One thing is I sort of skipped my probiotic regimen for a whole week cause I need to get Rd 2 stool testing done with a new functional medicine practitioner. I have no idea if that is the reason but in terms of 'protocol change' that is the only change thats happened if it counts. *If* that is the reason for the mood dip though then at the very least I would have pinpointed a root cause. I was following a good kefir/kombucha regimen for the last 4-5 weeks solid every single day. Then I just abruptly stopped it. So I think it may be related to that.

Its ridiculous cause for me no matter what it is whether its hormones or gut or something else its all the same symptoms.

In terms of my exercise regimen what I do is run 1 mi on the treadmill and then hit the weights. I do squats, chest press with free weights, and circuit training. The endorphin rush helps temporarily for maybe like an hour or so.

But I want a permanant solution to mood/anxiety issues such that I don't experience a low mood for no reason in my life again. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:05:59 am by electrify »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 06:02:25 am »