Quantcast

Author Topic: New Labs. Thoughts?  (Read 2593 times)

Joetown2001

• View Profile
New Labs. Thoughts?
« on: March 31, 2017, 10:43:23 pm »
I just got a full blood panel done this week, already knew my total T was low and estradoil was low as well. But need help or comments on the rest of my results. Blood was pulled at 9:45 AM on an empty stomach. I will post them below.

Results                 Units                     Range
FSH 3.33              mlU/ml                 1.27-19.26
LH   4.96              mlU/ml                 1.24-8.62
Prolactin 10.54      ng/ml                   2.64-13.13   
Total T 331.43       ng/dl                    300-694 
TSH 2.63              uIU/ml                  0.45-4.500
T4   6.7                ug/dl                    4.5-12.0
T3   32                 %                         24-39
Free Thyroxine 2.1                             1.2-4.9
Estradiol      9.4     pg/ml                   7.6-42.6 (Roche ECILA methodology
Cortisol  23.9        ug/dL                    AM 6.2-19.4 PM 2.3-11.9
SHBG  29.4           nmol/L                  16.5-55.9

Docs notes

Not concerned by slightly high Cortisol

That's it.

My thoughts

My Estradiol is extremely low, and the lab ranges are not a good reference
My Cortisol is too high. I am a very highly stressed individual
Total T is low and the range seems too low. 694 as a top end?
Is my prolactin too high?
FSH is in range, but low.

I'm not sure about everything else, this is the first full panel I have ever had done, beyond Total, LH FSH and Estradiol. I am not going to use my current urologist for treatment, and I am on a search for a new doc in the Triangle and Triad areas of NC. Any thoughts from those experienced in labs would be great. Thanks.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: New Labs. Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:26:08 am »
Your thyroid #s look like they are in that grey area and so I would guess your doctor will want to monitor on an ongoing basis.

Your prolactin is pretty close to normal.

In my opinion, you should be concerned with the low estradiol and should ask about getting a bone scan.  We have had several men on here with osteopenia due to low estradiol.

Also, are you having any of the standard low testosterone symptoms?  Low estradiol causes many of the same symptoms per some recent research.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 12:26:08 am »

Joetown2001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 12:31:53 am »
Your thyroid #s look like they are in that grey area and so I would guess your doctor will want to monitor on an ongoing basis.

In my opinion, you should be concerned with the low estradiol and should ask about getting a bone scan.  We have had several men on here with osteopenia due to low estradiol.

Also, are you having any of the standard low testosterone symptoms?  Low estradiol causes many of the same symptoms per some recent research.
Thanks Peak. I have fatigue, especially in the evenings or after meals. I have join pain after physical activity, in my shoulders, lower back and hips. Low libido and weak erections right now. What do you mean my my thyroid is in the grey area? Also, what do you think about my cortisol levels? Appreciate the feedback.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:43:17 am »

Thanks Peak. I have fatigue, especially in the evenings or after meals. I have join pain after physical activity, in my shoulders, lower back and hips. Low libido and weak erections right now. What do you mean my my thyroid is in the grey area? Also, what do you think about my cortisol levels? Appreciate the feedback.

Low testosterone and fatigue often go hand in hand.  I hurt all over when I was low testosterone - constant achiness.  A lot of the latter was cured though by cleaning up my diet.  Low libido and weak erections can be tied to either low testosterone or low estradiol.  Remember that estradiol is essential for endothelial function and testosterone increases eNOS activity.

You didn't pull free T3, right?  That's probably the most important number.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 12:43:17 am »

Joetown2001

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 12:53:10 am »

Low testosterone and fatigue often go hand in hand.  I hurt all over when I was low testosterone - constant achiness.  A lot of the latter was cured though by cleaning up my diet.  Low libido and weak erections can be tied to either low testosterone or low estradiol.  Remember that estradiol is essential for endothelial function and testosterone increases eNOS activity.

I just had the T3 pulled in the results. Is that different from what you are talking about?. Now I'm trying to figure out what type of doc I should see for my thyroid and cortisol numbers.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 06:11:49 pm »

I just had the T3 pulled in the results. Is that different from what you are talking about?. Now I'm trying to figure out what type of doc I should see for my thyroid and cortisol numbers.

You have free forms of the thyroid hormones similar to how you have free testosterone and total testosterone.  The good doctors from what I can tell like to use free thyroid hormone levels because it correlates most closely with actual symptoms.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 06:11:49 pm »