Quantcast

Author Topic: Has anyone used a Naturopathic Doc for Hormone Management?  (Read 5813 times)

kcrunner

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone used a Naturopathic Doc for Hormone Management?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 12:49:35 pm »
Is a Naturopath an MD that can prescibe Test? I'm not familiar with this Naturopath but I would have to seriously question the lack of HCG and why they would want to induce organ failure.

Wouldn't HCG be contingent on whether you had any interest in having kids (or more kids)?

Not at all. there are a number of hormonal pathways that exist thru the testes and having the testes atrophy and die away, besides some guys like to avoid the outward physical appearance of a 12 year old boy with shrunken nuts, and then there can be pain associated with the atrophy. You'd have to ask yourself why you would want to induce organ failure. I'm curious this short-sighted view with 619 posts on this forum.

Well I never got on HCG and my nuts never noticeably shrank.   Moreover, based on how I look and feel, HRT has been quite successful for me without it.
Height: 6,1
Weight: 180
Total Testosterone: 829 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 22 ng/dl
Current Meds:  Levothyroxine 175mcg, Testosterone Cyp Intra-Muscular 100 mg every 5 days.
Supplements-
Multivitamin
Magnesium
Vitamin D
B Complex
Fish Oil

kcrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 12:52:03 pm »
I am not sure what the point of going to a naturopath would be for hormone management.   Let's say you need TRT, any doctor that specializes in it will use fairly similar protocols and testing.   So what is a naturopath adding to that?   

For example, my GP, who is a DO, handles my TRT.   I am just not sure what a naturopath would do for me in regards to TRT that my doctor isn't other than it would cost me more.

I'm pretty sure basically all naturopaths are functional medicine docs, getting to the root of things by looking at diet, nutrition/supplementation, and nutrigenomics.  So a good naturopath would look deeper and try to rule out anything that might be lowering testosterone before just throwing a person on TRT allopathically.

I get what you are saying, but shouldn't a good GP be doing that anyway?    Mine did not just throw me on TRT right away, we looked at other hormones, diet, activity levels and so on before she did it.   I may have just been lucky with the GP I happened to have though.   

I was a patient that was and am an avid runner, ate a strict whole foods diet, strength trained regularly and so on, and she still waited 6 months before starting me on it.   Primarily to see if treating my thyroid first helped. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:54:11 pm by kcrunner »
Height: 6,1
Weight: 180
Total Testosterone: 829 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 22 ng/dl
Current Meds:  Levothyroxine 175mcg, Testosterone Cyp Intra-Muscular 100 mg every 5 days.
Supplements-
Multivitamin
Magnesium
Vitamin D
B Complex
Fish Oil

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 12:52:03 pm »

Can_man

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 04:05:26 pm »
Thank you all for your input... Going back to my original question... It appears no one has used a Naturopath for hormone treatment. I have only had one doc in the 15 years I have been on T replacement. He was awesome and a bit ahead of his time... My wife worked with him at the local hospital and he was really looked down on for his belief that good health starts with hormones being in "normal" ranges... I was so sad to see him go... It was 14 years later I thought I had found another hormone friendly doc only to have him quit his practice eight months into my treatment... In those eight months I had leaned out and looked and felt the best I had since my first doctor. I am simply trying to find a good hormone doc that will not cost me a fortune. Thanks again, and oh BTW at 6'2" 240 lbs my testis do look like a pre pub 12 year old...so if you are lucky enough to not have that side effect good for you... Sooo - [gratuitous insult deleted]... Can_man
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:45:26 pm by Cataceous »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 04:05:26 pm »