Quantcast

Author Topic: Trying Pellets  (Read 38005 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Trying Pellets
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013, 09:30:39 pm »
So I am four days in after having the pellets inserted. I'm still quite sore, and that's keeping me up at night because I can't get comfortable. I decided to do my workout today as I just can't stand not working out that long (I'm still amazed I feel that way about exercise...). I have been using my two tubes of Testim to keep me level while the pellets kick in and I will probably stop using them after Sunday's application.

I am not really noticing a difference yet from just taking Testim. At this time, I'm not sure I'll do them again as suffering from pain from insertion for a week makes me question the whole thing. Perhaps in another week the pain will be gone and I'll be soaring with T and will forget all about this in three months; we'll see. If I went in to see my doc today, I would be asking him to let me do two sub-Q injections on my own a week instead. He doens't do this - only intramuscular. I might be his first case study for the sub-Q...

Perhaps I'm just a bit bitter from the pain in my ass. :)

I'll keep you all posted as things change...

Have you seen Crisler's training video for SubQ?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 02:24:02 pm »
Yes, and today I hope to get an answer from my doc on why he doesn't offer this. Maybe it's just not something he's done before, but he might be willing to let me be his test subject.

If not, I'll man up for the intramuscular.

Going in this afternoon. I suspect they'll draw blood and then he'll tell me to go on Arimidex... We'll see.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 02:24:02 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2013, 03:12:54 pm »
Yes, and today I hope to get an answer from my doc on why he doesn't offer this.

It's kind of a "sports medicine" thing at this point.  I have only seen a couple of guys on the forum, for example, doing subQ.  Just type it into the search above and you'll see what I mean.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 07:20:43 pm »
OK - Doc said the symptoms sounded like high E2, and I did aramatise on Testim, so that's a good bet. He had me take an Arimidex same day (yesterday) and one today. He also pulled blood work yesterday and will prescribe Arimidex 2 to 3 times a week based on the bloodwork.

I'm getting jazzed. If my E2 levels are high like last time (over 62 last time) that means I probably have some T juice flowing but I'm not enjoying the benefits of it due to E2. In theory, I could be feeling really, really good in a week or two...

Will let you know the lab results shortly.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 07:20:43 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 07:23:12 pm »
OK - Doc said the symptoms sounded like high E2, and I did aramatise on Testim, so that's a good bet. He had me take an Arimidex same day (yesterday) and one today. He also pulled blood work yesterday and will prescribe Arimidex 2 to 3 times a week based on the bloodwork.

I'm getting jazzed. If my E2 levels are high like last time (over 62 last time) that means I probably have some T juice flowing but I'm not enjoying the benefits of it due to E2. In theory, I could be feeling really, really good in a week or two...

Will let you know the lab results shortly.

62??  That's not fun.  Yes, you'll very likely feel MUCH better shortly. 

So you'll have T and E2 under control - nice.  Don't forget about NO.  Keep boosting that and you're gonna have a party...

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 08:27:27 pm »
I just had my big honking veggie juice, so I am working on that too! :) I'd say I'm juicing about 5 days a week now...

Also, when I told me doctor about the excessive swelling and the pellet coming out, he said "those were HUGE pellets". So, a word to everyone, 200mg pellets are big. :)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 01:43:14 am »
I just had my big honking veggie juice, so I am working on that too! :) I'd say I'm juicing about 5 days a week now...

Also, when I told me doctor about the excessive swelling and the pellet coming out, he said "those were HUGE pellets". So, a word to everyone, 200mg pellets are big. :)

You were using another brand besides Testopel, right?

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 01:54:50 am »
Great question - I will ask that when they call with my lab results.

Dang, surprised I didn't ask that before... ???

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2013, 01:08:51 pm »
Just got my lab work back.

Total T: 759
E2: 50
Free T: (didn't get, I was driving and didn't have my list in front of me)

I think this is the highest I've gotten total T, but still not over the 800 mark where I want to be. Taking Arimidex twice a week and going in at the end of June for a follow-up...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2013, 04:35:30 pm »
Just got my lab work back.

Total T: 759
E2: 50
Free T: (didn't get, I was driving and didn't have my list in front of me)

I think this is the highest I've gotten total T, but still not over the 800 mark where I want to be. Taking Arimidex twice a week and going in at the end of June for a follow-up...

That's pretty high E2 as I'm sure you know.  Do you and your doc have a target?

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2013, 06:35:32 pm »
We're targeting getting my E2 back down to 20. I can already tell that I'm feeling better, and I'll be taking two Arimidex a week with a follow-up scheduled on June 27th.
I was really hoping to break 800 with the pellets. Next up will be Sub-Q, and if that doesn't do it I'll go IM.
Still, this is the highest I've had so far, so it is progress! :)
Update: Called and found my free T was 192. So, lots of progress and should feel pretty good as the E2 continues to come down. Will look at a separate thread on the Arimidex experience. I found out that the pellets my Dr. uses are compounded in Arizona, so they are not Testopel pellets.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:02:50 pm by jinNE »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2013, 07:36:59 pm »
We're targeting getting my E2 back down to 20. I can already tell that I'm feeling better, and I'll be taking two Arimidex a week with a follow-up scheduled on June 27th.
I was really hoping to break 800 with the pellets. Next up will be Sub-Q, and if that doesn't do it I'll go IM.
Still, this is the highest I've had so far, so it is progress! :)
Update: Called and found my free T was 192. So, lots of progress and should feel pretty good as the E2 continues to come down. Will look at a separate thread on the Arimidex experience. I found out that the pellets my Dr. uses are compounded in Arizona, so they are not Testopel pellets.

Well, congrats on the progress.  And if you get a chance, I'd love to know whey he/she uses compounded pellets and the Testopel brand.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »
Hi all!

Just got back from a 9 day trip in Australia and catching up. An update on the pellets: now that I have been on Arimidex, I have been feeling pretty good. I would like to see the libido higher, but mood and energy are OK. However, between the 24 hours of travel (each way), scuba diving, 8 hours a day standing at tradeshows, and carrying a heavy packpage - I managed to re-open the incision point. This should be all healed by now - and I heal well in general. I was glad I carried band aids with me because it was bleeding a bit.

Also, after a long day on my feet, it felt a little tender where the pellets are. This went away after some rest so I don't believe there is any infection - it's probably just the irritation to the muscle tissue. The pellets are definitely shrinking.

For me, the pellets don't seem to be worth it...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2013, 08:29:17 pm »
Hi all!

Just got back from a 9 day trip in Australia and catching up. An update on the pellets: now that I have been on Arimidex, I have been feeling pretty good. I would like to see the libido higher, but mood and energy are OK. However, between the 24 hours of travel (each way), scuba diving, 8 hours a day standing at tradeshows, and carrying a heavy packpage - I managed to re-open the incision point. This should be all healed by now - and I heal well in general. I was glad I carried band aids with me because it was bleeding a bit.

Also, after a long day on my feet, it felt a little tender where the pellets are. This went away after some rest so I don't believe there is any infection - it's probably just the irritation to the muscle tissue. The pellets are definitely shrinking.

For me, the pellets don't seem to be worth it...

Wow.  You've definitely had a lot of problems.  But glad you'red doing better overall.

So how does your doc handle the falling T levels with pellets?  Will you keep taking Arimidex after a couple months for example?

And, btw, I'm jealous as heck of getting to head to Australia and hang out!

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »
When I went on Arimidex with Testim, I was able to get off it after my levels stabilized. I'm not sure on pellets - I have a follow-up for blood work at the end of this month. I won't do them again anyway - going to try sub-q and if that doesn't work then I will self-inject IM (yikes).
PS: Australia was awesome! I am glad that I am healthy and fit - I was able to enjoy the trip FAR more than if I had taken it a year ago. :)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »