Quantcast

Author Topic: Wellbutrin  (Read 3296 times)

kregger

• View Profile
Wellbutrin
« on: April 02, 2017, 12:16:29 pm »
Do any of you have experience with Wellbutrin?  Apparently it's one of the few antidepressants that (SUPPOSEDLY) don't negatively affect erections and sex drive. Did you find this to be true/false?
1st Labs:
Total Testosterone: 497 (range is 348 - 1197)
Free Testosterone: 6.1 (range is 8.7 - 25.1)
DHEA: 204.2 (range is 102.6 - 416.3)
Luteinizing Hormone: 9.8 (range is 1.7 - 8.6)
Estradiol: 16.2 (range is 8.0 - 35.0)

Started 25mg daily Clomid (through Defy Medical) on 11/03/16

2nd Labs:
Total Testosterone: 962 (range is 348 - 1197)
Free Testosterone: 12.0 (range is 8.7 - 25.1)
DHEA: 377.5 (range is 102.6 - 416.3)
Luteinizing Hormone: 11.4 (range is 1.7 - 8.6)
Estradiol: 26.1 (range is 8.0 - 35.0)

werdisback

• View Profile
Re: Wellbutrin
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 12:25:52 pm »
Didn't have any side-effects on welbutrin, becauses its a dopamine heightener. Not sure if it's effective as SSRIs though.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 12:25:52 pm »

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 02:37:28 pm »
I went on it  a little over a year ago. I experienced a honeymoon period with it, much like when I started T. Improved sleep, mood, and libido. This lasted for about 2 -3 months then I was back to baseline. Increasing dose had no effect, again just like my experience with T.

My current TRT provider asked me to wean off of it which I have successfully done. I've been off of it completely now for 6 weeks and can't say I've noticed a difference.

Google "Wellbutrin poop out", or "Wellbutrin stopped working", and you'll see what I mean.

Oldbull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 11:12:09 pm »
Do any of you have experience with Wellbutrin?  Apparently it's one of the few antidepressants that (SUPPOSEDLY) don't negatively affect erections and sex drive. Did you find this to be true/false?

If you combine it with testosterone your libido will be off the charts insane. It takes about 6 weeks to kick in.

It does come with a bit of anxiety but i found it tolerable at the 150mg XL dose. Extended release version is smoother.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 11:12:09 pm »

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 11:45:19 pm »
I went on it  a little over a year ago. I experienced a honeymoon period with it, much like when I started T. Improved sleep, mood, and libido. This lasted for about 2 -3 months then I was back to baseline. Increasing dose had no effect, again just like my experience with T.

My current TRT provider asked me to wean off of it which I have successfully done. I've been off of it completely now for 6 weeks and can't say I've noticed a difference.

Google "Wellbutrin poop out", or "Wellbutrin stopped working", and you'll see what I mean.

So what are you doing for low mood/depression nowadays? Have you cracked the problem? Cant remember--was depression an issue or just libido mainly?

I swear sometimes this hormonal/neurotransmitter crap seems like it works temporarily and then the problem returns later. I don't get how there are so many people like this and how others somehow find this to be a literal 'magic bullet' as well.

Also isnt Wellbutrin a NDRI so it also affects norepinephrine?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:49:49 pm by electrify »

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 12:35:50 am »
I enjoyed Wellbutrin for the brief time that I was on it.  Gave me tons of energy, my sex drive was uncontrollable, and I felt great.  However, it blasted my BP through the roof, so it was a relatively short lived experiment.

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 02:11:16 am »

So what are you doing for low mood/depression nowadays? Have you cracked the problem? Cant remember--was depression an issue or just libido mainly?

I swear sometimes this hormonal/neurotransmitter crap seems like it works temporarily and then the problem returns later. I don't get how there are so many people like this and how others somehow find this to be a literal 'magic bullet' as well.

I'm just sucking it up and coping as best I can. I have not cracked the code. I still feel like I haven't quite beaten the hormonal angle to death yet, its only been 5 years since I started down this path in earnest.   :o

I am slowly coming around to the idea of trying other ADs, I've been researching them, but I'm not quite ready to go there.

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 03:07:24 am »

I'm just sucking it up and coping as best I can. I have not cracked the code. I still feel like I haven't quite beaten the hormonal angle to death yet, its only been 5 years since I started down this path in earnest.   :o

I am slowly coming around to the idea of trying other ADs, I've been researching them, but I'm not quite ready to go there.

I have only been at it for half the time (2.5 yrs) which feels like forever and I almsot feel like I have beaten it to death. Even tried HC/DHEA combo but thats completely hit or miss for me and its totally random.

Have you looked at non hormonal/neurochemical angles?

Ive also been the same in regards to ADs. Thing is im not in severe depression--its a mild to moderate low mood that just happens out of nowhere and is worst in the morning. I feel like ive done so much with HRT and also regular exercise  but the low mood still stays and doesnt go away permanently. My next stop is functional medicine and if that doesnt work then maybe some psych meds that dont have sexual sides.

Im sick of having low moods though im so done with it. Low mood prevents me from pursuing relationships and everything.

Ive also been meaning to try a psychological mind-body connection type approach but I get so impatient with that stuff that it results in non compliance.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:33:31 am by electrify »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 03:07:24 am »