Quantcast

Author Topic: Clomid Discussion  (Read 13027 times)

apericubes

• View Profile
Clomid Discussion
« on: April 10, 2013, 12:35:39 am »
the doctor said 5 to 10 percent of people get this side effect (hypogonadism) from opiate painkiller use. stupid of me to take them but how was i supposed to know. we went through the symptoms that i have

-depressoin
-ed
-weight gain
-high blood pressure
-thinning skin

he said it looks like i have it, and he said "do you want to have kids? because injections will maybe make u fertile, lets try clomid first, its a maybe solution but we will try 3 months starting in a week"

he didnt say much else about it but seemed to know his stuff.....

i left after that, he wanted me to do a bit more blood work then i gotta meet him in one weeks time.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Clomid Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 05:17:46 am »
the doctor said 5 to 10 percent of people get this side effect (hypogonadism) from opiate painkiller use. stupid of me to take them but how was i supposed to know. we went through the symptoms that i have

-depressoin
-ed
-weight gain
-high blood pressure
-thinning skin

he said it looks like i have it, and he said "do you want to have kids? because injections will maybe make u fertile, lets try clomid first, its a maybe solution but we will try 3 months starting in a week"

i left after that, he wanted me to do a bit more blood work then i gotta meet him in one weeks time.

Glad you're working with someone knowledgeable finally! 

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 05:17:46 am »

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:25:39 am »
Well sounds like some progress.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:02 am »

-depressoin
-ed
-weight gain
-high blood pressure
-thinning skin

As I proceed on my Clomid treatment, I have been keeping a daily log of symptomatic relief, side effects, etc. so that when I see my doctor I have some details to report to him and can see what's improving. You may want to do that. I overlapped with you on some symptoms in your list (depression, ED). However, the major non-sexual symptom that bothered me was insomnia. That has improved substantially to the point where it is gradually becoming non-existant. I am now starting to get a full night's sleep. Even if I wake up once, I can now get back to sleep easily, thus maintaining my Circadian rhythm. I did get some nighttime/early morning erections, so I am putting that in today's log. I imagine a good night's sleep combined with T that is improving is what's producing middle of the night erections.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:02 am »

apericubes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:31:49 pm »
i am starting to sleep again too, but before i never did, i do get some night time erections but they dont last, before they would last 10 mins while i went to the washroom in the morning then it would subside, not anymore, i also get disturbing dreams and nightmares every time i sleep for the past 6 months.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 05:34:21 pm »

As I proceed on my Clomid treatment, I have been keeping a daily log of symptomatic relief, side effects, etc. so that when I see my doctor I have some details to report to him and can see what's improving. You may want to do that. I overlapped with you on some symptoms in your list (depression, ED). However, the major non-sexual symptom that bothered me was insomnia. That has improved substantially to the point where it is gradually becoming non-existant. I am now starting to get a full night's sleep. Even if I wake up once, I can now get back to sleep easily, thus maintaining my Circadian rhythm. I did get some nighttime/early morning erections, so I am putting that in today's log. I imagine a good night's sleep combined with T that is improving is what's producing middle of the night erections.

Glad to hear things are improving.  You probably know this, but magnesium can really help (and zinc).  One guy on here took ZMA before bed and said it really imrproved the quality of his sleep.  Also, there was a study on insomniacs that showed this (with melatonin):

See #16:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/sleep2

Sounds like you've got it under control, but I'm just mentioning it.  (I wouldn't necessarily take melatonin every night though.)
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

apericubes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:35:10 pm »
from what you heard is mine primary or secondary

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 05:56:39 pm »
from what you heard is mine primary or secondary

Can you post your most recent LH/FSH/T #s?  (These need to be when you were not on any painkillers, testosterone or Clomid.)

The acid tests are probably the HCG Stimulation or Clomid Stimulation tests, but very few doctors do those...

apericubes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 06:50:28 pm »
its in my first post . few weeks ago

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 07:08:29 pm »
Re: 3 month injections, I stand corrected. There are 3 month long-acting intramuscular injections. However, I am unclear if they've been approved in the US yet. I suppose this is conceptually similar to the pellet option. I suppose if you travel a lot and have a busy life these are good options, since you don't have to fool around with transporting needles, etc. The idea of pellets in my ass does weird me out a little, though.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:16:09 pm by davie12 »
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

apericubes

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 07:09:24 pm »
would injections restore high libido and erections and energy? hypogonadism has sucked the soul out of me.

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 07:20:26 pm »
There are lots of guys who say that once they get their dose dialed in correctly (either transdermal or injections), they feel like they're 18 again with high libido/erections, etc. This presumes that other numbers fall into line such as E2 which has been mentioned a lot. There is a guy on another forum that I follow who said that controlling his E2 with low dose Arimidex gave him erections non stop all night, etc. (This was a middle aged guy as well.) Realistically, I am viewing Clomid as a starter treatment before moving on to something else. No one reports these kinds of subjective benefits on Clomid although it can improve some symptoms.

apericubes

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 07:46:53 pm »
well the first thing the doc asked was "do u plan of having children"..at age 28 yes i do in a few years.

he said we will try clomid for 3 months and seee where we are. then maybe test undacanoate as a LAST RESORT. i didnt know a few weeks of stupid oxycodone would change my life like this. beyond upset.

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 08:07:48 pm »
Well, I'm in the same boat, except I've had some more testing done than you. I'm surprised he didn't suggest a semen analysis to have some baseline measurement. Clomid will help with sperm count/characteristics, etc. but it's good to know the starting point as a basis of comparison. I'm considering some options such as banking sperm just be safe, although HCG with or without T added to it is supposed to preserve fertility.

apericubes

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 08:52:20 pm »
for the last 6 months ive had no energy, weight gain, cant even jerk  off but for some reason i can get it up to have sex  (must be the level of arousal, not in my head as many people have said) and low ejaculation and orgasgm levels.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 08:52:20 pm »