Quantcast

Author Topic: Does Your Family Think You're Crazy or a Hopeless Geek?  (Read 7293 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Does Your Family Think You're Crazy or a Hopeless Geek?
« on: April 09, 2013, 10:42:22 pm »
I don't know about you, but the family thinks I'm a little crazy.  It all started when I went out of town to visit family and forgot my blender.  Well, I borrowed my sister's (sad little) blender and asked her if I could use it.  In the process of trying to use her blender I ate up one her wooden mixing spoons in the blades of the blender and dropped a bunch of purple smoothie all over her pristine tile floor. 

And I don't think it helped that I know my glucose and blood pressure readings.  I think they're ready to check me in somewhere where it's pretty hard to check out.

No, just wondering if anyone else thinks you're crazy insisting that you go to the gym?  Watching what food you choose when you go out to eat?  etc. etc.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Ken

• View Profile
Re: Does Your Family Think You're Crazy or a Hopeless Geek?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:51:41 pm »
Well as a Professional Engineer I can tell you that the "Geek" card has been thrown around a few times.  I guess I would argue that among my fellow engineers I am the cool guy!  8)  But the fact still remains that I am an engineer and there is some merit in the fact that we engineers do think about thing and process things a bit differently than non engineers.

Now I believe Peak that you work in some role in IT as I recall.  Surely you understand the Geek card!!! LOL 

I thought you do go to the gym though.  So why are people suggesting you go?  I actually get told to spend less time at the gym by my wife.  She says I don't need any better muscles or physique and it just drains my energy.  Well it USED TO UNTIL I GOT ON TRT !   ;D ;D ;D

Lately she is a happy woman!
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:51:41 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:03:37 pm »
Well as a Professional Engineer I can tell you that the "Geek" card has been thrown around a few times.  I guess I would argue that among my fellow engineers I am the cool guy!  8)  But the fact still remains that I am an engineer and there is some merit in the fact that we engineers do think about thing and process things a bit differently than non engineers.

Now I believe Peak that you work in some role in IT as I recall.  Surely you understand the Geek card!!! LOL 

I thought you do go to the gym though.  So why are people suggesting you go?  I actually get told to spend less time at the gym by my wife.  She says I don't need any better muscles or physique and it just drains my energy.  Well it USED TO UNTIL I GOT ON TRT !   ;D ;D ;D

Lately she is a happy woman!

Sorry - I wrote the wrong there.  I meant when we insist we need to hit the gym (or whatever you do).

Yeah, I'm a geek by day and by night...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 11:30:58 am »
Talking about your own health is one of the most boring topics possible. So just don't talk about it and you'll be fine. What's crazier? The way most Americans eat themselves into the grave or obessessing about your health?
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 11:30:58 am »

msr1981

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:51:27 am »
My family thinks I'm a waste of space because of the position I'm in for my age. I'm used to these criticisms and I'm using this as motivation to great myself in fantastic shape.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 01:23:44 pm »
My wife and son are very into what I am learning and sharing. My daughter (13), much less so. Heck, I just bought a bunch of food for storage (prepper?) and she jokingly called me a "chump". :)

But, I am a professional geek (I've even written a number of books on programming), so I am used to being singled out. As to the gym, I made one in my basement, so I don't share too much of my craziness in public!  :P

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:38:22 pm »
Heck, I just bought a bunch of food for storage (prepper?) and she jokingly called me a "chump". :)

What do you mean by "food for storage"?

Programming books, eh?  Congrats actually...

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 02:43:14 am »
What do you mean by "food for storage"?

Programming books, eh?  Congrats actually...

There's an urban legend that all Americans have two refrigerators and one of them is just a large chest freezer full of meat.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »
So "urban legend" implies that it may not be supported by current facts or data right? Well I can offer one data point:

Fridge in Kitchen

Old Kitchen fridge in garage for bottled beer and overflow kitchen items.

Smaller fridge in garage that I converted into a kegorator!  Holds 15.5 gallon keg and is plumbed through the wall to the tap in the game room.  Currently offering Sam Adams!

Not gonna go into global warming by powering the 3 fridges!

Maybe all this beer is why my T levels were down before! LOL
BF% 12.5

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 06:28:18 pm »
So "urban legend" implies that it may not be supported by current facts or data right? Well I can offer one data point:

Fridge in Kitchen

Old Kitchen fridge in garage for bottled beer and overflow kitchen items.

Smaller fridge in garage that I converted into a kegorator!  Holds 15.5 gallon keg and is plumbed through the wall to the tap in the game room.  Currently offering Sam Adams!

Not gonna go into global warming by powering the 3 fridges!

Maybe all this beer is why my T levels were down before! LOL

Bet you couldn't figure out why all your buddies just kept "stopping by", eh?

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 08:28:01 pm »
I decided to have a full month of food and water on hand for my family of four. I've wanted to do that for years, and finally made it happen.

Hard to find gluten free survival food. :)

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 09:04:00 pm »
Peak,

Unfortunately I can figure out why they stop by.  Bunch of shameless knuckleheads that aren't shy about letting me know they need to come over for a beer and some pool, or beer and a game! Sometimes I have to pull the old "sorry guys keg ran out".  Then scramble when they say "but you just got it last week"  Because all of this fun has to be balanced with the WAF (wife acceptance factor)!
BF% 12.5

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 09:29:18 pm »
Peak,

Unfortunately I can figure out why they stop by.  Bunch of shameless knuckleheads that aren't shy about letting me know they need to come over for a beer and some pool, or beer and a game! Sometimes I have to pull the old "sorry guys keg ran out".  Then scramble when they say "but you just got it last week"  Because all of this fun has to be balanced with the WAF (wife acceptance factor)!

Funny.  Wife Acceptance Factor - haven't heard that one before. 

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 01:14:13 am »
I was with my mom and Dad and sister,  visiting my brother in california, he invited us to dinner at his friends home in February 2013.
 My family has seen me change from April 2012-June2 2012, I dropped ~80lbs of fat. Since then I've been buying a water distiller, and a vitamix and become very knowledgeable about the crap I've been doing to my body for years and working to change it
At dinner, my brothers friends have a propane grill and make steaks nearly daily. Of course, they grilled up steaks for us, as we had brought them steaks from a local Sprouts, health store.  Where I had previously bought POM juice and eggs.  I had been drinking the POM juice every morning along with my Carlson's Omega-3s.

When I was asked how I wanted my steak done, I said, "thanks, Im good, Im having hardboiled eggs".  Which I did
When asked why I didnt want a steak, I said, "Im a vegertarian.
My parents/siblings were mad/upset since they said they didnt know.
Im not really a hardcore vegetarian,I just avoid meat, like I avoid eating soy, but I'm not anti-soy, Im just not a soyeater.

My family doesnt say anything about me being "crazy" or "weird" mainly because its more wierd to eat the chemicals that get put into our water/food than to work to avoid them.

besides, I have good results, I am no longer a fat, unhappy person.  I am in the best shape now than I've been for the past 12 years.   
I am making results
Why do people get bored listening to others talk about diet/weight loss, no action.
example
my mom lost a bunch of weight in  6 months and hasnt lost any for a few months now.  I've told  her what to do, but she doesnt do it, so when she whines about not losing more weight, I get bored. I've told her what to do.

Being all talk is boring:  nearly all fat people who attempt to lose weight, talk before they do it. Then talk about what they will do.  That's boring.
When you do something, I'll listen to how you did it
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 04:16:54 am »
I was with my mom and Dad and sister,  visiting my brother in california, he invited us to dinner at his friends home in February 2013.
 My family has seen me change from April 2012-June2 2012, I dropped ~80lbs of fat. Since then I've been buying a water distiller, and a vitamix and become very knowledgeable about the crap I've been doing to my body for years and working to change it
At dinner, my brothers friends have a propane grill and make steaks nearly daily. Of course, they grilled up steaks for us, as we had brought them steaks from a local Sprouts, health store.  Where I had previously bought POM juice and eggs.  I had been drinking the POM juice every morning along with my Carlson's Omega-3s.

When I was asked how I wanted my steak done, I said, "thanks, Im good, Im having hardboiled eggs".  Which I did
When asked why I didnt want a steak, I said, "Im a vegertarian.
My parents/siblings were mad/upset since they said they didnt know.
Im not really a hardcore vegetarian,I just avoid meat, like I avoid eating soy, but I'm not anti-soy, Im just not a soyeater.

My family doesnt say anything about me being "crazy" or "weird" mainly because its more wierd to eat the chemicals that get put into our water/food than to work to avoid them.

besides, I have good results, I am no longer a fat, unhappy person.  I am in the best shape now than I've been for the past 12 years.   
I am making results
Why do people get bored listening to others talk about diet/weight loss, no action.
example
my mom lost a bunch of weight in  6 months and hasnt lost any for a few months now.  I've told  her what to do, but she doesnt do it, so when she whines about not losing more weight, I get bored. I've told her what to do.

Being all talk is boring:  nearly all fat people who attempt to lose weight, talk before they do it. Then talk about what they will do.  That's boring.
When you do something, I'll listen to how you did it

Amen.  Preach it, brother!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 04:16:54 am »