Quantcast

Author Topic: Testosterone too high feelings or symptoms?  (Read 14148 times)

Prsartist

• View Profile
Testosterone too high feelings or symptoms?
« on: April 11, 2013, 02:15:36 pm »
My recent labs (day before injection) revealed
T level of 1249.  Dr. Told me to only take .9cc
To get that number lower. So the next day I took .9cc...
(Not thinking that my t levels would rise significantly
North of 1249!)

Today I'm feeling a bit strange...
Hard to describe....not angry or aggressive, but more like I'm
Wired?

Any things I should look out for?
I don't think there could be any health issues
But I'm not sure?

Prsartist

• View Profile
Re: Testosterone too high feelings or symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:27:00 pm »
Sorry guys,  I was finally able to get the info I was looking for off the web.
Looks like everything should be fine....

"men tend to suffer relatively few problems with elevated testosterone levels. In fact, there may be some male health benefits to increased levels. Testosterone tends to moderate blood pressure levels, lower the potential for obesity, and help fight off colds and flu. Men with higher testosterone levels are also likely to be less at risk for a heart attack.

However, elevated testosterone is not without some risks for men. Because the hormone increases aggressiveness and a predilection to act spontaneously, a man with higher testosterone levels may tend to use tobacco more frequently, drink alcoholic beverages to excess and develop a taste for engaging in activities that are somewhat risky. In some cases, the elevated testosterone levels may be so high that these drawbacks effectively cancel out any benefits that are derived from the increased amount of male hormone in the body."

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:27:00 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 03:52:51 pm »
Okay, let's assume that this high of testosterone levels is not an issue if you managed E2 properly just for a second.  I have to ask this question:  just why do you want to go this high? 

Where I'm headed as you can guess is that you should just fine in the 600-800 range or, very likely, there are other issues that need to be fixed. 

I think that guys start going high on T for this reason and, at times, they go with higher dosages of the PDE5 Inhibitors for the same.  Essentially, they are going "supraphysiological" to compensate for underlying health or lifestyle issues.

I don't know your situation and I'm not trying to assume I know that that is the case in your situation, so don't take it the wrong way.  I could be wrong of course, but I'm just throwing this out there, especially for other guys who might be reading this thread.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 04:09:35 pm »
I DONT want T levels to be this high!

I received my results 2 days ago, and the Dr. Dropped my dose
To .9 cc weekly.

Yesterday was my "normal" injection day, and as usual I got up at
3:30am took my other meds, and injected .9cc's
(Just like every other Wednesday)
Before I realized I should have waited a few more days to inject...

I remembered enough to inject the .9, just didnt think any farther than that.
(Until I got to work........)...

Still feel a bit wired.... But for the 1st time I actually feel like working out when I get home....
Just was a bit worried one I realized what I had done!
(Dr. Didnt tell me to wait!  But when I thought about it, it kind if makes sense..

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 04:09:35 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 04:15:18 pm »

Still feel a bit wired.... But for the 1st time I actually feel like working out when I get home....
Just was a bit worried one I realized what I had done!
(Dr. Didnt tell me to wait!  But when I thought about it, it kind if makes sense..

Gotcha.  Sorry if I missed that.

Yes.  This is a great description.  I have heard one HRT technician describe it as "amped".  I think that's a good description.  Testosterone boosts neurotransmitters so you feel as if someone turned the amp on too loud...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:17:57 pm by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 04:16:30 pm »
Just a thought, but if you want to lower that T level to the lower, more optimum range, it might be as easy as skipping one weekly injection.  With it that high, I'm betting that if you skip a week you will still be 600 to 900 at the next shot.

Again, from when I looked into the half-life process for T cyp it suggests that you can get a "runaway" effect if your dosage is too high, or dosage frequency is too frequent. Logically, I would think if you skip an injection every couple or 3 months you can keep it from running away.  Of course backing off the dose as your doctor did will also do it, but it might take a while to figure out what the correct dosage should be.  If you skip a shot, then do .9CC (which I assume is 180mg and is a pretty high amount still) on the shots moving foraward you might get this figured out a bit sooner.

Of course this advise is all educated speculation on my part and in no way should be substituted for what your doctor thinks is best.  But you might want to ask your doctor about trying this if you actually want to drop your numbers.  Or not, if you don't!   8)
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 04:19:13 pm »
Just a thought, but if you want to lower that T level to the lower, more optimum range, it might be as easy as skipping one weekly injection.  With it that high, I'm betting that if you skip a week you will still be 600 to 900 at the next shot.

Again, from when I looked into the half-life process for T cyp it suggests that you can get a "runaway" effect if your dosage is too high, or dosage frequency is too frequent. Logically, I would think if you skip an injection every couple or 3 months you can keep it from running away.  Of course backing off the dose as your doctor did will also do it, but it might take a while to figure out what the correct dosage should be.  If you skip a shot, then do .9CC (which I assume is 180mg and is a pretty high amount still) on the shots moving foraward you might get this figured out a bit sooner.

Of course this advise is all educated speculation on my part and in no way should be substituted for what your doctor thinks is best.  But you might want to ask your doctor about trying this if you actually want to drop your numbers.  Or not, if you don't!   8)

Ken, the half life is the half, so if you're recommending going to a two week cycle, guys don't usually like that cuzz the last four days they are low T.  Better to dial back the dosage if that is your goal.

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 04:21:46 pm »
I think it may make you a bit confused too!!

Upon thinking this thru a bit further, the results the Dr. Gave me was NOT from Tuesday!!
They were actually drawn the previous week!!!

I just received the results Tuesday!
Hopefully my actual T level was MUCH lower
Yesterday......

Sorry, my bad!   One thing for sure, getting up at 3:30am for work
Is not good for anyone!!  Lol......
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:24:40 pm by Prsartist »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 04:24:24 pm »

Sorry, my bad!   One thing for sure, getting up at 3:30am for work
Is not good for anyone!!  Lol......

That sounds painful but employment is important I guess...

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 04:30:50 pm »
Peak,

I didn't suggest moving to 2 week injections whatsoever.  What I wrote was a suggestion to skip one week to get his numbers to fall back into the optimum range and then resume his normal weekly injections at his new lower dosage.

Preaching to the choir on by-weekly injections.  I would NEVER suggest this.

Do you recall the thread I started on the half-life process?  I worked through the math to demonstrate that a runaway effect is entirely possible.  My doctor also confirmed this when I raised it to him. You and I exchanged a couple of posts on the topic and you stated you might have a couple of "pencil neck" people who could definitively answer the question on exactly how half life and end-of-life operate with T-cyp. As I said before it cannot behave like a radioactive isotope half life or your T levels would become infinitely high.

I never heard back from you on this previous thread.
BF% 12.5

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 04:46:07 pm »
I've never heard of anything like this?
Not have I read of anyone having their T levels "run away"

I am a bit concerned why mine were that high to begin with!
My best logical guess WAS lab error!

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 04:56:32 pm »
Actually your results are very similar to mine. I was doing .9 CCs (180mg) weekly and my bloodwork was 1056 on the 7th day. I believe you were doing 1 CC (200mg) weekly and your level was 1200 something on the 6th day.

My level would have probably been in the 1100's on the 6th day plus I was taking slightly less than you.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 05:10:25 pm »
The difference is I've been taking 1cc for 9 months
And the results always came back between 600-800.

Out of the blue this last one was 1250???

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 05:27:14 pm »
After the 6 to 9 months at 600 to 800 did you by any chance lose an appreciable amount of weight?  As Peak and many others will tell you, this will also cause your T to rise.  I know a guy at the gym that was suffering from T levels at 300 and Kaiser told him to go pound sand regarding TRT.  They told him to lose weight first and then they would retest and see where he fell.  So he did.  He lost about 25 pounds and his T level went up to 450!
BF% 12.5

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 06:24:43 pm »
Peak,

I didn't suggest moving to 2 week injections whatsoever.  What I wrote was a suggestion to skip one week to get his numbers to fall back into the optimum range and then resume his normal weekly injections at his new lower dosage.

Preaching to the choir on by-weekly injections.  I would NEVER suggest this.

Do you recall the thread I started on the half-life process?  I worked through the math to demonstrate that a runaway effect is entirely possible.  My doctor also confirmed this when I raised it to him. You and I exchanged a couple of posts on the topic and you stated you might have a couple of "pencil neck" people who could definitively answer the question on exactly how half life and end-of-life operate with T-cyp. As I said before it cannot behave like a radioactive isotope half life or your T levels would become infinitely high.

I never heard back from you on this previous thread.

Understood.  Yes, I do remember that but didn't remember that was you.  Again, I have never heard of this happening.  I'll ask about that though.  (Bug me if you don't hear back from me.)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 06:24:43 pm »