Quantcast

Author Topic: CVS is horrible. They are refusing to fill a 10ml vial of test cyp. Help!  (Read 10082 times)

kcrunner

• View Profile
Why not just pay for it? It's $130 and lasts for months.  I get 10ml bottles from Walgreens and I pay $110 which last 5 months. 
Contamination is not gonna happen either.

My doctor writes my prescription with 4 - 1 ml vials per refill.   So with insurance, I am paying 22 dollars for what you are paying 110 dollars for.   
Height: 6,1
Weight: 180
Total Testosterone: 829 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 22 ng/dl
Current Meds:  Levothyroxine 175mcg, Testosterone Cyp Intra-Muscular 100 mg every 5 days.
Supplements-
Multivitamin
Magnesium
Vitamin D
B Complex
Fish Oil

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Why not just pay for it? It's $130 and lasts for months.  I get 10ml bottles from Walgreens and I pay $110 which last 5 months. 

My doctor writes my prescription with 4 - 1 ml vials per refill.   So with insurance, I am paying 22 dollars for what you are paying 110 dollars for.

So you're just saying to be sure to talk to your doc, because there may be a much cheaper insurance-friendly option ?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

kcrunner

• View Profile

So you're just saying to be sure to talk to your doc, because there may be a much cheaper insurance-friendly option ?

I am saying that if your insurance covers it, and your doc writes your prescriptions to where you get one vial per injection (they are assuming you draw half of it and then throw the rest away per vial), then you are getting 4 - 1ml vials per refill of test cyp, which is 800 mg of test cyp for a 10 dollar prescription copay. 
Height: 6,1
Weight: 180
Total Testosterone: 829 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 22 ng/dl
Current Meds:  Levothyroxine 175mcg, Testosterone Cyp Intra-Muscular 100 mg every 5 days.
Supplements-
Multivitamin
Magnesium
Vitamin D
B Complex
Fish Oil

sifter

• View Profile

I am saying that if your insurance covers it, and your doc writes your prescriptions to where you get one vial per injection (they are assuming you draw half of it and then throw the rest away per vial), then you are getting 4 - 1ml vials per refill of test cyp, which is 800 mg of test cyp for a 10 dollar prescription copay.

If your insurance is not generous....  I would second the comments earlier about using GoodRX.  My scripts were changed to the 1ml vials- I get three for about $23 at CVS.
I can understand for some it is a little difficult to get the dosage to come out right without a lot of waste with the 1ml vials- I avoid this by using a disposable 17ga needle to draw the entire contents of a 1ml vial, then back-load my correct dose into a 30ga pin.  I can load up a month's worth of 30ga pins at a time.  (and it keeps my 30ga pins sharp...)  I inject subq eod.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Baldur2630

• View Profile
[edited by moderator - against forum rules (and not necessary for the OP anyway as he has access almost for sure to inexpensive sources)]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:13:26 pm by PeakT »
79 year old. Weight Lifter. On TRT and HGH. Don't believe in doctors. Don't get sick, don't die.

Growing old gracefully is not an option!

Peak Testosterone Forum