Quantcast

Author Topic: Doctor Recomendation for Raleigh NC  (Read 9484 times)

neptune1960

• View Profile
Doctor Recomendation for Raleigh NC
« on: February 15, 2012, 05:53:43 pm »
My testosterone level is 445 which is causing me issues in the bedroom, that I refer to as diet induced.  If I have a coke or sweet tea or cookies or drink a beer or too much wine, my sexual performance goes to zero.  I am in excellent shape, good weight (5'11'' & 180lbs) and eat a good diet.  I take supplements to help with the problem and they help.  My sexual performance is very diet sensitive (which really helps in looking good, staying fit and feeling good).  My current doctor believes anything above 390 is OK. 
Would you recommend testosterone supplements and what type?
Could you recommend a doctor in the Raleigh, NC area that would be knowledgeable about ED and willing to prescribe a fix to the low testosterone?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Doctor Recomendation for Raleigh NC
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »
That is a familiar description.  Digestion produces a "load" on the body and how you eat stongly influences that.  And, yes, too much fructose, bad carbs, fat, saturated fat, etc. can really load you down and impede blood flow and nitric oxide.  Many middle-aged guys can really "feel" this.  Small, light meals are a pain, but can really make a difference in this case imo.

One of the popular Paleo diets is the Warrior Diet designed by an ex-Israeli military intelligence guy.  (I'm not going to tell him it's a crazy idea, are you?)  And this diet emphasizes eating once per day in order to do things like the cavemen used to.  (Yeah, those cave men were pretty cool you know.)  Well, I can't imagine downing 2500 calories at a sitting and expecting to do much of anything in the bedroom that night is all I can say!

Comment:  So are you sure there is nothing that could be pulling down your T a little?  No sleep disorder?  Apnea?  Stress?  Lack of sleep?  Nutrient deficienicies?  Low Vitamin D? 

I would look at these closely before I started going for the supplements (if you haven't already).  And the reason is that if you can just bump this up 20-30% or so, you're doing pretty good for your age. (I'm assuming that 1960 means something.) Admittedly, I don't know that that will necessarily make a world of difference, but it would help and then you do not have to be concerned with the expense of supplements.

If you really feel you need to go the supplement route, I cover some of them here but be sure to talk to your doc first of course:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_herbs

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/How-To-Increase-Testosterone-Naturally
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:22:17 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:29:58 pm »
And sorry I don't have a physician that has filled out my form yet from that part of the woods.  However, notice that one of the docs is only a few hours from you, albeit in another state:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Physician_Network_Akoury

Maybe you could call and get a rec from him.  (Keep in mind that I have no experience with this physician and only know him from the form he filled out.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:35:34 pm by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

neptune1960

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:41:34 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

I have read your web site extensively, downloaded the books, read them.  All is excellent and extremely helpful.  I have modeled my diet and have added the supplements that the web site and books recommends and it has been helpful, with a few exceptions.  The Horny Goat Weed and the Ginseng seem to have a negative effect on me.  What has worked the best for me:
Supplement                       Morning               Evening
T-Bomb-II                            3                              3              Note: Sold at GNC
Pycnogenol                         1                              1              Note: GNC brand 50mg
L-Arginine &
L-Citrulline                          2                              2              Note: GNC brand 500mg & 500mg
Triple Fish Oil                     2                              2              Note: Nordic Natural Complete Omega 3-6-9
Pumpkin Seed Oil              1                              1              Note: GNC brand
Saw Palmetto                     2                              2              Note: GNC brand and it also has the Zinc
Tri-Boron                             1                                              Note: purchased at Whole Foods
Vitamin D3                          1                              1             Note: 5000iu - purchased at Whole Foods
Pomegranate &
Lycopene                            1                                              Note: New Chapter brand Grape Seed

I sleep very well 7-8 hour/per night wake up refreshed usually on my own at 5am.  I do not feel very stressed, I have good energy and far from depressed.  My Vitamin D = 41.6 at the time of the test so I added the Vitamin D3 in the evening.  They did not test for vitamin A or E

The 1960 is the year I was born, so I just turned 52.  I have never smoked or used any drugs of any kind or alcohol.  At one point (maybe as much as a year) I had 1-2 glasses of red wine 4-5 nights per week but it caused sexual performance problems and sleep apnea, so now it is 1-2 glasses of red wine 1 night per week (on date night).
I have been a competitive swimmer since I was 7 years old and still swim 2mi x 3 days per week (which is not over doing it based on my years of training).  On the other 4 days I lift weights for 30min and run for 30min (~3mi).

I started having problems several years ago and concluded I need to lose weight, so as a typical guy, I cut out a soda or sweet per day and dropped weight.  I was good for a while and then things started going south, so I lost more weight (cut out more sweets), then repeat and repeat.  I have gone from 210lbs to 175-180lbs not much fat left but good muscle mass and tone.  I didn’t relate to the whole sugar/carb problem until I read your web site.

Now that you know my whole life story, what would you recommend for me with the following levels:
Testosterone = 444 (on the low end of the test scale – 348-1197)
Free Test = 7.6 (on the low end of the test scale – 7.2-24.0)
Estrogens = 95  (on the high end of the test scale – 40.0-115.0)
Vitamin D = 41.6  (on the low end of the test scale – 30.0-100.0)

Sorry for the life story and thank you in advance for your opinion and help.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:41:34 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 04:41:03 am »
Congrats on the many great changes.  I've just got a second here but want to pass along a good article.  Talk to your doc, but one thing to be concerned about are those E levels.  Here is a great article on the subject (and be sure to read the 2nd page also if int'd):

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/nov2008_Dangers-of-Excess-Estrogen-in-the-Aging-Male_01.htm

Notice that this article talks about how low free T can accompany high E, which is exactly what you have.  You'll have to find a knowledgeable endo or anti-aging doc to get some meaningful discussion on this though as most docs seem to worry only about super extreme cases, i.e. disease that will kill you in less than a year or so.

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 10:24:24 am »
Very good lifestyle and mix of supps Neptune..have you had any improvements with them?..hard to believe you are having problems with a more than reasonable T level for your age but as Peak T says it must be the high E that is affecting you. Hard to see what else it could be given your extremely healthy living. Which also begs the question..how is it possible to get high E levels when doing all the right things regarding high T for your body in the first place? 

Excellent link Peak T...A lot of people assume that a widening waistline is a natural part of a man  getting older. It just goes to show how easy it is for a guy's body to be swayed in the wrong direction regarding Estrogen v's T balance as we get older and lazier!

I personally don't eat much in the way of greens and eat  too much white meat I feel  but all that is going to change. Do you think it is better to consume more fish instead of red/white meat for protein intake?

A small question regarding the old protein shakes. I mentioned in one of starry's replies that I had been using a certain  product and just wondered what you thought about the use, bearing in mind it has lots of good aminos in it but also quite a lot of glutamine. I know it gives me a real boost when hitting the gym.

Cheers

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 06:40:34 pm »

I personally don't eat much in the way of greens and eat  too much white meat I feel  but all that is going to change. Do you think it is better to consume more fish instead of red/white meat for protein intake?

A small question regarding the old protein shakes. I mentioned in one of starry's replies that I had been using a certain  product and just wondered what you thought about the use, bearing in mind it has lots of good aminos in it but also quite a lot of glutamine. I know it gives me a real boost when hitting the gym.

Cheers

Greens often have nitrates and you know what that means!  Fish is always good if you could somehow order it from fifty years ago.  Now virtually all fish is contaminated with methyl mercury and PCB's and almost all experts recommend that you do not eat it more than 1-2 X per week.  Sad, eh?  Fish was a staple for many supercultures.

Glutamine damage is dose dependent.  However, you can get quite a bit from modern wheys.  No one has studied it formally, though, and so I personally err on the side of caution.  Plus, the undenatured kind is a glutathione booster, immune enhancers, etc.  That tells you're on the right track right there!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 06:40:34 pm »