Quantcast

Author Topic: Is Bodybuilding Unhealthy?  (Read 10740 times)

JackAndy

• View Profile
Re: Is Bodybuilding Unhealthy?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 10:55:32 am »
What you're missing, though, since you're not in the culture is a lot of the extreme stuff that comes in the bodybuilding world:

1.  Guys drinking olive oil and raw eggs and choking down pounds of meat.
2.  Guys hellbent on boosting AA and IGF-1.
3.  Guys taking pre and post workout drinks that are designed to spike insulin and blood sugar.
4.  Not everyone agrees with me on this, but I think the mountains of excitotoxin-filled wheys are probably hard on the hypothalamus

This stuff works for the 20 and 30 year olds, but I believe that there is a price to be paid once middle age hits with some of these things.

Again, though, you don't have to do that.  Jack LaLanne has a monster physique into his 80's and avoided all of the above through a healthy lifestyle.  Bob Delmontaque also did incredibly well into his early 80's.  So it can be done...

Yeah I see your point. It's more about the difference between bodybuilding and radical or extreme bodybuilding then? It seems like most of the guys I know who do bodybuilding are really into it and go extreme.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 01:31:39 pm »

Yeah I see your point. It's more about the difference between bodybuilding and radical or extreme bodybuilding then? It seems like most of the guys I know who do bodybuilding are really into it and go extreme.

Yes, that's a better way to word it.  I probably should use that wording...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 01:31:39 pm »