Quantcast

Author Topic: The Trifecta vs. One Step at a time - TRT Protocols  (Read 15068 times)

davie12

• View Profile
Re: The Trifecta vs. One Step at a time - TRT Protocols
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 05:20:55 pm »
I can also see the argument that step 1 should be HCG to see if that addresses things, it doesnt really matter for me because I think my wife is gonna have me get a vasectomy after our third child anyhow :o. ...  but I guess eventually the holy grail will be some method that mimics the natural testosterone production cycle.  I'm thinking mechanical testicles are right around the corner, where to the doctor for a fill up once a year:-)

This is one of the reasons I like Dr Shippen so much. He believes in maximizing one's own internal production of hormones...ie vis a vi his HCG or Clomid challenge. Plus, Vit D supplementation, etc. Although he didn't explicitly say this, he probably believes in using external testosterone if other methods fail.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 05:25:45 pm »

This is one of the reasons I like Dr Shippen so much. He believes in maximizing one's own internal production of hormones...ie vis a vi his HCG or Clomid challenge. Plus, Vit D supplementation, etc. Although he didn't explicitly say this, he probably believes in using external testosterone if other methods fail.

Can you say a little more on this?  The HCG or Clomid Stimulation Tests just help tell you whether or not you're primary or secondary.  So what does he do with that knowledge?  What I'm asking is if he tries to get some of his patients to stay on HCG Monotherapy or Clomid if he finds they are pass the test with flying colors?  Or were you getting at something else?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 05:25:45 pm »

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 06:11:08 pm »

Can you say a little more on this?  The HCG or Clomid Stimulation Tests just help tell you whether or not you're primary or secondary.  So what does he do with that knowledge?  What I'm asking is if he tries to get some of his patients to stay on HCG Monotherapy or Clomid if he finds they are pass the test with flying colors?  Or were you getting at something else?

Yes, your summary and understanding is basically correct. If they pass with flying colors (ie. high level responders), he prescribes HCG or Clomid. If you read the specific text of his HCG challenge, he talks about patients who have a mid-level response. He leaves the door open to titrating the HCG dosage in those cases. He uses the 500iu/3x/week as a starting point and titrates from there to use the minimum amount to a good testosterone level. In low level responders, he does acknowledge that testosterone replacement is the best option. There are also people who have been able to lower their HCG doses as things improve overall.

My personal opinion on endogenously/internally generated hormones vs. using exogenous substances, be it testosterone, DHEA, hydrocortisone, insulin, etc. is this. It is true that there are some people who have some defect or damage in their body where they have no choice but to use an external hormone source. However, my guess is that at least half the cases are due to either an acute incident (ie. like my situation) or some lifestyle issue (ie. extremely overweight, lack of exercise, poor diet, unnecessary prescription drugs, illegal drugs, lack of proper vitamins, etc.) I believe a lot of people give up too early without giving everything their best shot. These changes can take a year or longer to show results and the results are incremental over time, not dramatic week to week. For example, adrenal stress is a 1-2 yr. commitment to get a lot of things normalized. Anyway, this is just my $0.02.  :o
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 11:42:52 pm »
I split out Sam's comment on the success of being on a lower dose  cypionate protocol:

https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=2027.0
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:45:21 pm by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 11:42:52 pm »

kung_fu_panda

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 04:26:16 pm »
i keep seeing the phrase  "trifecta protocol"...   what are the components of this? sorry  . i must be dense today!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 04:52:07 pm »
i keep seeing the phrase  "trifecta protocol"...   what are the components of this? sorry  . i must be dense today!

Don't you love those buzzwords?  It's the following:

testosterone cypionate + Arimidex + HCG

kung_fu_panda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 04:58:32 pm »

Don't you love those buzzwords?  It's the following:

testosterone cypionate + Arimidex + HCG

ah ok cool..well im on two of the three....  my e2 is pretty low , very happy about that..so im not on the Ari

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 05:23:32 pm »

ah ok cool..well im on two of the three....  my e2 is pretty low , very happy about that..so im not on the Ari

You got me curious:  what were your last testosterone and estradiol readings and how much cypionate/HCG were you taking?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 05:23:32 pm »