Quantcast

Author Topic: Nitric oxide test strips  (Read 13718 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Nitric oxide test strips
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 08:03:15 pm »

Just read your ebook on diet. Good stuff! I plan to take alot of the advice. One question. I'm always on the go and travel alot, which means I have to eat out a lot. Do you have any recommended restaurants that fall under the diet plan. For example, what do you think about vegi sandwiches on wheat bread from subway, or chipotle black bean bowls, etc.

Travel is very tough, depending on which dietary regimen you want to go with.  Low Fat is virtually impossible to find in any restaurant anywhere.  Mediterranean is much more doable.

I'm not a big fan of wheat but I know you only have so many options on the road.  Anyway, for general info, here is why I am cautious about wheat:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Wheat_Belly_Review

Chipotle is pretty good in the sense that have the veges and black beans, but, as far as I know, their meat has the same issues I mentioned above.

I know this is a pain in the you-know-what, but when I went on a business trip recently, I actually walked to a store and bought a bunch of stuff and took it back to my hotel room.  And at some of the diners, I can order egg whites, etc.  But it was tough, at least considering how strict I am at home.

So the bottom line is if you get any great ideas for how to do this on the road, let us know.  That would be an interesting post and I'm sure many other guys on the board struggle with the same thing.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

fixme

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 02:56:27 am »

Just read your ebook on diet. Good stuff! I plan to take alot of the advice. One question. I'm always on the go and travel alot, which means I have to eat out a lot. Do you have any recommended restaurants that fall under the diet plan. For example, what do you think about vegi sandwiches on wheat bread from subway, or chipotle black bean bowls, etc.

Travel is very tough, depending on which dietary regimen you want to go with.  Low Fat is virtually impossible to find in any restaurant anywhere.  Mediterranean is much more doable.

I'm not a big fan of wheat but I know you only have so many options on the road.  Anyway, for general info, here is why I am cautious about wheat:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Wheat_Belly_Review

Chipotle is pretty good in the sense that have the veges and black beans, but, as far as I know, their meat has the same issues I mentioned above.

I know this is a pain in the you-know-what, but when I went on a business trip recently, I actually walked to a store and bought a bunch of stuff and took it back to my hotel room.  And at some of the diners, I can order egg whites, etc.  But it was tough, at least considering how strict I am at home.

So the bottom line is if you get any great ideas for how to do this on the road, let us know.  That would be an interesting post and I'm sure many other guys on the board struggle with the same thing.

Well I just picked up salad and fruit at the airport so I guess it's possible. Going to whole foods would be a viable but expensive option.

In your book, you recommend sauces like ketchup and terryiaki sauce. You also say to avoid fructose. Don't these sauces contain a lot of fructose corn syrup ? You also mention we should avoid dairy but skim milk is okay? I'm actually not sure ill be able to have such strict dietary rules but I'll definitely try.

Also if you think wheat is bad, should I just get white bread and flour toetillas?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 02:56:27 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 04:40:45 am »

Well I just picked up salad and fruit at the airport so I guess it's possible. Going to whole foods would be a viable but expensive option.

In your book, you recommend sauces like ketchup and terryiaki sauce. You also say to avoid fructose. Don't these sauces contain a lot of fructose corn syrup ? You also mention we should avoid dairy but skim milk is okay? I'm actually not sure ill be able to have such strict dietary rules but I'll definitely try.

Also if you think wheat is bad, should I just get white bread and flour toetillas?

Well, these are pretty geeky subjects, so hopefully I won't put you into a coma.  Anyway, here is my take:

--You can buy HFCS-free ketchup at Trader Joe's.  However it does have sugar in it and sugar is 1/2 fructose, so you can't go crazy.  I don't think I recommended teriyaki sauce per se, did I?  In any event, it usually has a lot of salt, so that is my caution there. 

--When I say to avoid fructose, I just mean try to keep your daily intake < 50 gram with almost all sources from fruit.

--Wheat is wheat:  it's all GMO'd and it's all high glycemic.  Wheat germ has a great nutrient profile, but is GMO'd of course also.

--My take on casein is that a glass of milk each day may be okay.  Ornish also allowed a little dairy.  However, too much casein may be a cancer risk and/or increase inflammation. 

--I understand about the "strict rules" comment.  It took me years to get to where I am at, so I have your sympathy in this area.  Men with diabetes or heart disease or high blood pressure will often make rapid changes simply because a gun is at the back of their head.  But it's much tougher to make those changes simply out of a desire for long term health.  However, the more I read about the subject, the more I am convinced that going natural is the only way to go.  And in short order the improvements to your sexual and general health are so profound that "there's no turning back"...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 04:40:45 am »