Quantcast

Author Topic: TRT, Recompositioning, and Visceral versus Subcutaneous Fat  (Read 6532 times)

Ken

• View Profile
TRT, Recompositioning, and Visceral versus Subcutaneous Fat
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:09:18 pm »
So I've read in several articles how visceral fat (yes, the nasty deadly one) is harder to get rid of from diet and exercise than subcutaneous fat. I have not seen anything that compares these two as a result of HRT. With that said, here is a fairly obvious observation I've made from my TRT over the last 2-1/2 months:

1) while I started all of this at between 13% and 14% BF I know I was carrying both types to some degree around the ole belly area.

2) I have not really altered my diet since starting TRT and if anything I'm eating more as a result of harder lifting and muscle gains.

3) I have actually gained about 5 to 6 pounds of scale weight.

4) My waste has shrunk almost 2 belt notches after gaining this 5 to 6 pounds!

5) the fat you get when you "pinch an inch" does not seem to have changed noticeably.  This would be the subcutaneous fat.  So my belt reduction does not seem to be the result of this.

So from all of this it seems the only explanation for the belt reduction is visceral fat removal.  Does picking up your T levels significantly cause visceral fat to fall away faster than subcutaneous?  Is this fully understood?  Or is what I'm experiencing just a result of my personal biology?

Not complaining about this of course! Liking it  8)

Any thoughts?
Wt: 210lb
Ht: 6'1"
BF% 12.5

JackAndy

• View Profile
Re: TRT, Recompositioning, and Visceral versus Subcutaneous Fat
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 02:02:21 am »
My whale blubber fell off rather quickly too but the sub-q belly fat is just being impossible!
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 02:02:21 am »

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 02:23:46 am »
LOL, When you say "whale blubber" You are referring to the fat inside the abdomin wall surrounding organs right?
BF% 12.5

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 03:06:15 am »
LOL, When you say "whale blubber" You are referring to the fat inside the abdomin wall surrounding organs right?

Yep. As I lost my weight, my waist sized decreased but the "pinch an inch" stayed the same. It's hardest to get rid of the belly fat I think.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 03:06:15 am »

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 03:23:25 am »
Thanks man! That's exactly what I'm experiencing. Have a great weekend.

Cheers!
BF% 12.5

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 09:43:24 am »
Thanks man! That's exactly what I'm experiencing. Have a great weekend.

Cheers!

You inspired me to do a page on the subject.  It was actually in my book, but I pointed the many studies here that show just how much increasing testosterone can decrease visceral fat:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Visceral_Fat

Btw, one thing that I think is poorly understood by most men is just WHY we put on visceral fat.  The keyword is "lipotoxicity" and I go into that here if you're interested:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Visceral_Fat
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 12:22:00 am »
Thanks Peak,

I guess I am thankful that you didn't mention who "one of your readers" actually is in this new page as you immediately follow my question with a study summary of how testosterone decreases visceral fat OBESE MEN !!! LOL

I saw the later study BTW on senior NON-OBESE men.

Just for the record I am 51 and wouldn't say I'm obese at 13% BF.

Still, all kidding aside, nicely done page on the subject.  It did answer the original question I posted in the thread.

Thanks.
BF% 12.5

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 12:43:29 am »
Good deal. Nothing is ever personal on this forum.

And I have committed so many health sins that I could not cast the first stone anyway...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 12:43:29 am »