Quantcast

Author Topic: 10% v s 20 %  (Read 3312 times)

Retardo

• View Profile
10% v s 20 %
« on: September 22, 2017, 07:43:30 pm »
so a guy at 10% body eats 2000cals of sugar
a guy at 25% bodyfat eats 2000cals of sugar

do they have teh same effect on thebody?  no

please elaborate???

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: 10% v s 20 %
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 08:07:55 pm »
so a guy at 10% body eats 2000cals of sugar
a guy at 25% bodyfat eats 2000cals of sugar

do they have teh same effect on thebody?  no

please elaborate???

Well, I don't know what would happen if someone had that much sugar.  But the more visceral fat you have, the more your insulin levels are likely to rise and blood glucose to go up all things being equal.  In addition, your blood pressure may start rising and you can develop pattern B lipids. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 08:07:55 pm »

euphorixx1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 07:18:27 am »
Would depend on a lot of other factors.

Retardo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 05:15:39 pm »
Would depend on a lot of other factors.

yes, as does mostly everything ::)

The leaner guy will have better carbohydrate tolerance and insulin sensitivity. And if he's routinely dieting and exercising to get to that 10% bodyfat level he's also likely to have depleted glycogen stores and his muscles can hold more glycogen. So when he overeats his muscles just fill up with glycogen without much spill over.
'--basic dieting 101, nothing to do with hormones
the leaner you are the more drastically leptin goes down, so overeating/refeeds can be beneficial to keep it elevated more often. Really the leaner you get the more you need refeeds to keep the metabolism somewhat normal.

Boosting Leptin just boosts the metabolism (if leptin is low). If you're dieting and getting lean leptin will be lower than normal. so you do a refeed or have a cheat day and leptin temporarily goes up for a few days, which temporarily boosts metabolism. Also since you're dieting and training your glycogen stores are probably depleted so a lot of that food you eat during the cheat just goes to refill muscle glycogen stores. And you get a metabolism boosts that lasts for a few days.

Compare that to when you're at 20% body-fat and eating normal everyday and not doing much training. Leptin is already normal so you're not gonna boost it with a cheat day. You're not dieting, not doing much training, so your muscle glycogen stores are already full. So you do a cheat day what are the benefits? You're not gonna get a metabolism boost because metabolism is already normal. Your muscle glycogen stores are already full so there's no place to store all those excess calories except in fat
which, again, goes back to how you get fat
1 by eating fat(fat gets stored as fat)
2 by overeating sugar when you have been overeating for a while(thus have filled glycogen stores) thus sugar, cannot be stored, and made into fat.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 05:15:39 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 12:08:31 pm »
I thought leptin was not that big of a factor in guys really overweight?  So lets take a guy 20%:  is leptin that big of a factor?  I am asking btw cuzz I dont know.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Retardo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 04:25:18 pm »
I thought leptin was not that big of a factor in guys really overweight?  So lets take a guy 20%:  is leptin that big of a factor?  I am asking btw cuzz I dont know.

wut r u asking?
big factor for what?

Secret to  weight loss
-establish a caloric deficit

if a bunch of lean guys(low leptin) can still get to sub  10 % bodyfat, ANYONE can get to 15 %
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 04:25:18 pm »