Quantcast

Author Topic: Interpreting my testosterone and thyroid labs  (Read 2465 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Interpreting my testosterone and thyroid labs
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 09:12:59 am »

However, it's important to understand that the endocrine system is an active system and replacing any of the functions with static pharmaceuticals is not likely to help otherwise healthy people.

Not sure what you went, but I can't help think of Dr. Dzugan's work, where he dropped cholesterol by 35% by adding "static pharmaceuticals".  His approach was different - more anti-aging in the sense that he worked with a suite of hormones and not just T/E2 - but his research makes it appear likely that high cholesterol and lipids in many men is because they have lower hormones levels that is their body's natural youthful equilibrium point.  The point in my mind is that he worked on all the hormones and achieved results much better than a statin.  It's a shame imo that his work has not received more attention.  How many guys on this board are walking with artificially high lipids and putting on additional plaque because of it? 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

charliebizz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 05:47:28 pm »
  What about my T3 being pretty low?  Isn't that a potential problem and maybe making me tired?  It is just not fun feeling so tired when I get home.  That is when I want to start enjoying myself and all I can think about is sitting and relaxing.

I have always considered myself healthy, but that is because I have little fat on me.  I am good at controlling my weight.  With the fatigue I have not been doing much exercising.   I get to the gym twice a week, and that's it.
thats why Iím so torn on staying on trt. My levels Varied from 250-350 my free t was always like 30-40 points higher then bottom of range. I actually feel less consistent on trt then my low normal levels. I know itís not optimal but I donít feel much benefit from trt anyway.

To the op itís one of those things you really have to try to know if itís going to work for you.

Thyroid levels vary from morning to night, and from day to day in normal people. A series of lab tests really might be necessary to get a more accurate picture. By the way, it's a very GOOD thing that thyroid levels vary, as one's metabolism is controlled by the thyroid. For example, TSH levels can vary over the day by 2+ points! Remember, it's an active system. Controlling metabolism by a pill, as in my case, is a terrible way to live. With bouts of hypoglycemia, reactive hypoglycemia and inability to metabolize anything more than token carbs .

With that in mind, your T3 test was on the low end. Selenium helps convert T4 to T3. More importantly, moderate ++ intensity regular exercise will absolutely increase thyroid levels.

With Hashimoto's, my thyroid levels remain constant via a pill, and therefore I can exercise all I want, without any improvement in metabolism. I instantly put on weight if I eat 100 calories too much.

Clearly diet and exercise is not a cure-all. I eat carefully as anyone you've ever met, and hit the gym daily. It's not fixed anything. But at least I'm functional.

However, it's important to understand that the endocrine system is an active system and replacing any of the functions with static pharmaceuticals is not likely to help otherwise healthy people.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 05:47:28 pm »