Quantcast

Author Topic: Transdermal Magnesium Works  (Read 4077 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Transdermal Magnesium Works
« on: November 05, 2017, 07:22:57 am »
Mike Mahler swears by magnesium oil - other big names too - and now there is a study supporting their position.  Check this out:

http://www.herts.ac.uk/about-us/news/2017/april/magnesium-cream-absorbed-through-skin-significantly-boosts-magnesium-levels-in-the-blood,-first-study-on-humans-finds

"Magnesium cream absorbed through skin significantly boosts magnesium levels in the blood, first study on humans finds"

"The first study into the effectiveness of magnesium creams on humans, published in the journal PLOS One, has found that topical application does boost magnesium levels in the blood.

The University of Hertfordshire research is a first step to showing that transdermal magnesium creams could be a viable addition or alternative to oral supplementation, to combat the range of health problems linked to low magnesium levels, including high blood pressure and poor immune function.
Only 86% of the population currently meet recommended magnesium levels in their diet and oral magnesium is commonly used to support a low magnesium diet. Supplementation is proven to improve various health factors, including blood pressure, immune function, cardiovascular system and metabolic syndrome.

An alternative - particularly for people who have difficulties in taking pills - could be topical application through magnesium oils and trans-dermal creams, from which magnesium is absorbed through the skin. However up to this point no study had been carried out on human subjects to look at the effectiveness of this.

Baseline urine and blood samples were taken and participants were randomly assigned into magnesium cream or placebo control cream groups, then instructed to apply 2 x 5ml spoonfuls of cream per day for two weeks. The resulting daily dose received in the magnesium cream group consisted of 56mg. After 12-14 days final urine and blood samples were collected and compared to the original findings.
"
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

gimmeabreak

• View Profile
Re: Transdermal Magnesium Works
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 11:20:52 pm »
Peak...  do you know anything behind the absorbency of oral magnesium and magnesium cream? Is one better than the other?  Iím currently using magnesium bisglycinate capsules  as I understand itís a highly absorbable form of magnesium. But just wondering if there be any benefit to switch into the cream.
39 years old/ 180lbs.

April 2016 - 50mg test cypionate 2x week
                - 250 iu HCG eod
                - 25 mg DHEA daily

Sleep apnea - CPAP

- Former natural physique competitor
- switched from weightlifting to gymnastics in January 2016
- diet: some what paleo based. Lots of veggies, no sugar, no grains, fish, chicken, beef. (I use wild, grass fed, free range and hormone free whenever possible)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 11:20:52 pm »

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:34:22 am »
Peak...  do you know anything behind the absorbency of oral magnesium and magnesium cream? Is one better than the other?  Iím currently using magnesium bisglycinate capsules  as I understand itís a highly absorbable form of magnesium. But just wondering if there be any benefit to switch into the cream.
I am VERY sensative to magnesium.  My bowels start churning on as little as 25 mg.  I can tell you that transdermal mag oil affects me almost gram for gram equally as oral mag glycinate, which is also highly absorbed.  I suspect that you will find good results with either method. 
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 01:35:26 am »

I believe the above is the first time it's been studied for transdermals  If it was me, I would do my own test.  You know there are a couple of ways to test magnesium, right?
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 01:35:26 am »

gimmeabreak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 03:49:26 am »

I believe the above is the first time it's been studied for transdermals  If it was me, I would do my own test.  You know there are a couple of ways to test magnesium, right?

Please enlighten me! I had no idea.
39 years old/ 180lbs.

April 2016 - 50mg test cypionate 2x week
                - 250 iu HCG eod
                - 25 mg DHEA daily

Sleep apnea - CPAP

- Former natural physique competitor
- switched from weightlifting to gymnastics in January 2016
- diet: some what paleo based. Lots of veggies, no sugar, no grains, fish, chicken, beef. (I use wild, grass fed, free range and hormone free whenever possible)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 04:31:51 am »

Plasma magnesium and RBC magnesium I believe are the names.

Please enlighten me! I had no idea.

beetz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 03:29:34 pm »

I've always been under the impression that magnesium citrate had the best oral absorption rate.  Has anyone tried these creams?

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 07:38:01 pm »
I am VERY sensative to magnesium.  My bowels start churning on as little as 25 mg.  I can tell you that transdermal mag oil affects me almost gram for gram equally as oral mag glycinate, which is also highly absorbed.  I suspect that you will find good results with either method.

That's wild, the topical form gives you bowel problems?  I am the same way with oral magnesium.  But the topical oil did not bother my digestion (it did make my skin super-itchy though).
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 02:53:46 am »

That's wild, the topical form gives you bowel problems?  I am the same way with oral magnesium.  But the topical oil did not bother my digestion (it did make my skin super-itchy though).
yes.  I have tried injectable mag as well.  It too gives me bowel issues. 
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 02:38:57 pm »
I remember reading an article by Life Extension Foundation and they recommended magnesium powder to restore proper peristaltic movement in the intestines for those who struggle with that. You had to take a lot though.  You should be getting a good amount of magnesium in your diet. So I take about a third of an RDA as an insurance oolicy.  Maybe you guys are taking too much?

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 04:34:42 pm »
I tried Magnegel from Designs for Health. I found it very irritating to the skin, couldn't really stand to have it on for more than a few minutes before I had to wash it off.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 01:21:35 am »
I tried Magnegel from Designs for Health. I found it very irritating to the skin, couldn't really stand to have it on for more than a few minutes before I had to wash it off.

Someone on here posted a DIY recipe.  Donít know how safe it is...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 01:21:35 am »