Quantcast

Author Topic: Enclomiphene / clomid time of day  (Read 14381 times)

TWarrior

• View Profile
Enclomiphene / clomid time of day
« on: November 26, 2017, 08:04:38 pm »
Hi,

I am trying to understand if taking clomid for secondary hypogonadism in the morning is equally effective as taking it at night. A lot of people say it is because the half life of clomid is several days. But if i understand correctly, that is true only for the isomer that is not useful for men i.e. zuclomiphene. The actual T boosting isomer enclomiphene only has a half life of 8-10 hours? I tried taking it at night but that is giving me insomnia. Taking it in the morning, i am able to sleep reasonably well at night. When i draw bloods a month later, will it make a difference to my readings that i does at morning and not at night? I understand that most hormonal activity occurs at night.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Enclomiphene / clomid time of day
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:39:49 pm »
Hi,

I am trying to understand if taking clomid for secondary hypogonadism in the morning is equally effective as taking it at night. A lot of people say it is because the half life of clomid is several days. But if i understand correctly, that is true only for the isomer that is not useful for men i.e. zuclomiphene. The actual T boosting isomer enclomiphene only has a half life of 8-10 hours? I tried taking it at night but that is giving me insomnia. Taking it in the morning, i am able to sleep reasonably well at night. When i draw bloods a month later, will it make a difference to my readings that i does at morning and not at night? I understand that most hormonal activity occurs at night.

I have never heard of anyone saying day or night matters, and I would agree it's the half life issue.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:39:49 pm »

sh1209

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 09:33:35 pm »
For me itís definitely better to take in the am. To me it feels like the little boost I get wears of like you said at 8-10 hours. I canít sleep at night if I take it in the evening.

Forty2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 03:46:44 am »
For the guys taking enclomiphene, what dose are you taking and did you buy it as a research chem in the US, or directly from one the manufacturers in China? I had a very bad experience with clomid, but intend to give enclomiphene a try. I'm hopeful that it will not just increase my T level, but my libido and energy too.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 03:46:44 am »

TWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 07:30:21 am »
Anyone who took clomid for hypogonadism by getting a doctor's prescription, what does the doctor recommed in terms time of dosing?

TWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 07:31:17 am »
For the guys taking enclomiphene, what dose are you taking and did you buy it as a research chem in the US, or directly from one the manufacturers in China? I had a very bad experience with clomid, but intend to give enclomiphene a try. I'm hopeful that it will not just increase my T level, but my libido and energy too.

Enclomiphene is available as a research chemical on several websites afaik.

TWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 07:33:41 am »
For me itís definitely better to take in the am. To me it feels like the little boost I get wears of like you said at 8-10 hours. I canít sleep at night if I take it in the evening.

Did you get bloods drawn after dosing for some period? Did you see a boost in your total and free T? Surely regardless of when you dose, there will be a boost in your T at that time. What i wonder is does your dose have to sync with the timing of bodily hormonal activity, i.e. just before sleep for you to have a good boost in your lab readings.

sh1209

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 03:33:29 pm »
Iíve not did labs yet, because itís only been a few weeks. Iím coming off trt, so my situation is a little different than yours. Only side effects Iím having is some floaters in my eyes but theyíre not getting worse.

beetz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 07:00:13 pm »
I've taken both day and night and never noticed a difference.

TWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 07:46:28 pm »
Iíve not did labs yet, because itís only been a few weeks. Iím coming off trt, so my situation is a little different than yours. Only side effects Iím having is some floaters in my eyes but theyíre not getting worse.

Did you get a prescription from the doctor? Did he have a timing recommendation for your dose? Or are you self medicating?

sh1209

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 09:06:15 pm »
From my primary care physician. Going to do labs next week.

beetz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 10:04:45 pm »

Did you get a prescription from the doctor? Did he have a timing recommendation for your dose? Or are you self medicating?

I've never had a time of day specified, but I believe I read somewhere recently to take it in the morning but don't hold me to it.  I'll see if I can find out where I read that.

Also, If all clomiphene does is get your own body to crank up production, I don't think it the medicine would determine when your body was making t.  Just my thoughts, I'm no doctor.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:06:23 pm by beetz »

TWarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 12:12:58 am »
From my primary care physician. Going to do labs next week.

Did he recommend that you take it in the morning?

sh1209

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 12:16:08 am »
If it raises lh and fsh but test donít raise, then you have testicle failure. If lh and fsh donít elevate then thereís a problem in the hypothalamus region of the brain, more than likely pituitary disorder. Clomiphene is used this way as a diagnostic medication in a lot of cases to see whether ones primary or secondary.

sh1209

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 12:16:35 am »
Yes he recommended am.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 12:16:35 am »