Quantcast

Author Topic: Testes way smaller than used to be  (Read 2109 times)

JakeH99

Testes way smaller than used to be
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:03:47 pm »
I'm 22 and a male and I'm trying to improve my testosterone.  I've been using Androgel and lately it's been helping but I have to sort of decrease the dose/come off for a bit to improve my response to the medicine.  I felt like complete crap on 3-4 packets a day, and I seem to like 1-2 a day the best (2 packets being my favorite), but tolerance is always an issue and nothing ever works great long-term without breaks that I've tried.  I feel lately like I need a really good break off Androgel, but am plagued by fatigue and withdrawal symptoms for weeks.  Last time, I felt it took 4 months for the withdrawal to finally get noticeably better and for my balls to recover their normal size as my balls have shrunk and are only 1/2 their normal size.  My balls also get really itchy and I know it sounds funny but I think it is from the Androgel but I'm not sure.  Also, I seem to bloat more easily and I get really weird cold sensations when I take Androgel with amphetamines but I don't know if the part about my balls being smaller is just due to the atrophy of my balls from the Androgel or not, but I'm not a doc so I don't know.  Will my balls ever grow back or am I forced to have small testicles the rest of my life cuz this sucks!!?  I want to be normal not a girl damnit. 

Dr. John Crisler

• View Profile
Re: Testes way smaller than used to be
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 05:40:18 pm »
The testicles are shrinking because they are not getting the LH and FSH they are used to, as your own system is inhibited by the TRT.

You can replace the LH with its mimic, HCG. I start my guys at 100iu, SQ, per day. Second best is 200iu, every other day. Third best is 300iu every third day. It's a lifestyle decision.

Many guys just do 500iu, twice per week.

Response is variable.

Physician in Age Management Medicine private practice. www.DrJohnCrisler.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 05:40:18 pm »

JakeH99

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 06:12:04 pm »
The testicles are shrinking because they are not getting the LH and FSH they are used to, as your own system is inhibited by the TRT.

You can replace the LH with its mimic, HCG. I start my guys at 100iu, SQ, per day. Second best is 200iu, every other day. Third best is 300iu every third day. It's a lifestyle decision.

Response is variable.

Do I need to get my doctor to do that for me or how do I even go about trying that?  Is it expensive if I have insurance?  I need more info if you can help me learn more about it.  So FSH and LH are making my testicles shrink from the medicine somehow, is that right?

PakMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 06:59:10 pm »

Response is variable.

I have always wondered which dose is just as potent as your healthy levels of LH when you were 20?

Jan 16 to Oct 16 - Test Enanthate (35mg 2x/week)
Oct 16 to Feb 17 - HCG (500iu 2x/Week)
Feb 17 - Test Propionate (25mg only 2 injections 4 days apart)
Aug 2017 onwards (Astaxanthin + other oils, supplements)
Dec 2017 Low dose TRT (25 mg twice a week)
Nothing from Jan 1, 2019

21/08/2017 8:10 PM
Total T = 271 ng/dl  (Range 160 - 726)
LH = 5.15 mIU/ml  (Range 0.8 - 7.6)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 06:59:10 pm »

Forty2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 07:21:10 pm »

Response is variable.

I noticed shrinkage on 100iu per day, but when I switched to 500iu twice per week, my boys came back as large as ever. Is my response unusual?

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 07:40:44 pm »
This research demonstrates that between 250 and 300 IU of hCG given every other day restores intratesticular testosterone to normal levels.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 10:24:13 am »

Do I need to get my doctor to do that for me or how do I even go about trying that?  Is it expensive if I have insurance?  I need more info if you can help me learn more about it.  So FSH and LH are making my testicles shrink from the medicine somehow, is that right?

HCG is prescription only.  Insurance may or may not cover it.  HCG can also improve or maintain fertility if done correctly:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_fertility.aspx

I mention it, because that could help with insurance justification I would think.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 12:43:04 pm »

Response is variable.

In my experience insurance will only cover it if the policy covers fertility treatment, which is what it is mostly used for.

Dr. John Crisler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 08:32:32 pm »

HCG is prescription only.  Insurance may or may not cover it.  HCG can also improve or maintain fertility if done correctly:

I mention it, because that could help with insurance justification I would think.
Insurance companies won't pay for fertility therapies.

Getting your HCG from a good compounding pharmacy will save you lots. Board Sponsor Empower Pharmacy serves as my practice's "Preferred Pharmacy".
Physician in Age Management Medicine private practice. www.DrJohnCrisler.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 06:36:38 am »

Insurance companies won't pay for fertility therapies.

Getting your HCG from a good compounding pharmacy will save you lots. Board Sponsor Empower Pharmacy serves as my practice's "Preferred Pharmacy".

Here is a link to a table that will tell you if your state requires insurance companies to cover infertility treatment:

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/insurance-coverage-for-infertility-laws.aspx

My state does and getting HCG through my insurance company was a lot cheaper than getting it through a compounding pharmacy.

JakeH99

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 12:38:17 pm »
I got my total T checked and it's 225 ng/dL no wonder I feel like crap.  Free T is 16 ng/dL wow I hate my life.  Prolactin is 44 ng/dL and thyroid is fine. 

seppuku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 12:58:08 pm »
I'm 22 and a male and I'm trying to improve my testosterone.  I've been using Androgel and lately it's been helping but I have to sort of decrease the dose/come off for a bit to improve my response to the medicine.  I felt like complete crap on 3-4 packets a day, and I seem to like 1-2 a day the best (2 packets being my favorite), but tolerance is always an issue and nothing ever works great long-term without breaks that I've tried.  I feel lately like I need a really good break off Androgel, but am plagued by fatigue and withdrawal symptoms for weeks.  Last time, I felt it took 4 months for the withdrawal to finally get noticeably better and for my balls to recover their normal size as my balls have shrunk and are only 1/2 their normal size.  My balls also get really itchy and I know it sounds funny but I think it is from the Androgel but I'm not sure.  Also, I seem to bloat more easily and I get really weird cold sensations when I take Androgel with amphetamines but I don't know if the part about my balls being smaller is just due to the atrophy of my balls from the Androgel or not, but I'm not a doc so I don't know.  Will my balls ever grow back or am I forced to have small testicles the rest of my life cuz this sucks!!?  I want to be normal not a girl damnit.

I actually thought this was a wind up at first. It would seem it's not.

JakeH99

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 01:14:27 pm »

I actually thought this was a wind up at first. It would seem it's not.

Wind up?  What do you mean there. 

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 04:10:36 pm »

Wind up?  What do you mean there.

I was wondering the same thing.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

manuelsupe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 08:20:28 am »
I recently read a very interesting article that had a lot to do with what you tell. To my solved many doubts about testosterone and about male health in general, I leave it here in case you are interested -> [edited by moderator]  ;)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:55:24 am by Cataceous »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 08:20:28 am »