Quantcast

Author Topic: I am so sorry to inform everyone that Lee Myer (PeakT) has passed away  (Read 49209 times)

factor5a

• View Profile
Re: I am so sorry to inform everyone that Lee Meyer (PeakT) has passed away
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 06:56:46 pm »
Whattt ????????!!!!!!! I do not believe it. I'm shocked !!!!!!!!!!! Without him, this website lost his escense. Peak , I'll miss you !!!
54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Albúmin

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

Polewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 07:36:23 pm »
To Lee you are one of those persons come to earth and make it a better place now you are in a better place have fun. I just feel so sorry for his family

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 07:36:23 pm »

BM1981

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 07:49:47 pm »
I can’t beleive it, when I saw the title I litrully gasped. Peak help so many and I always remember seeing him bump posts that may have not got an answer. He was a true gent - so sorry for his family. My thoughts are with them.

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 11:22:28 pm »
I am so sorry to hear this. I used to be moderately active here and just happened to browse recently.

PeakT will always have a place in my heart and soul as he has helped me through some of the worst times in my life. I will always cherish his life's work. It amazes me the sadness I feel having never met him in person! He has checked in on me several times through PM. I can remember thinking how special that was and how it gave me a little boost keep going.  He handled this forum with such grace and humility even when it came to the tough personalities. He would point you in the right direction with a link that he so efficiently archived in his arsenal.  Peak, I will be praying for your family to have strength in this time of trial. Thank you for your life's work as it has impacted me to my core being, as I'm sure it has many others!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 11:22:28 pm »

Rumtoto

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 02:05:51 am »
An exceptional gentleman, by all acccounts. He will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

JeffK

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 04:21:58 pm »
Wow what a tragedy, I haven't been involved in the forum, but have really learned a great deal from Peak and the rest of you.  My health issues have improved dramatically by reading virtually all threads and educating my Endo.
R.I.P Peak and prayers sent to all loved ones . 
Can anyone that new him well, Give us some insight to his life and times ?  I think that would be a great memorial for those that didn't get the pleasure to know him.
Jeff   

vvs1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 04:53:53 pm »
This is so saddening. I hope his family find some peace and hope his boy recovers easily.

I feel like I've lost a true friend. He was always there for us and welcomed anyone. He truly made this site a special place through his presence. Someone that would listen when you hit your darkest days and cared about everyone's well being.

Lee was an inspiration. He overcame his own battles, and opened a home for those who faced their own battles. He was the one friend that would stay when everyone else moves on.

I hope this site will stay open. I'm not sure how young his kids are, but they will be proud of everything he has built and the lives he touched.

vvs1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 04:54:56 pm »
His last name is spelled Myer.

Festus

• View Profile
Re: I am so sorry to inform everyone that Lee Myer (PeakT) has passed away
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 05:44:50 pm »
I am deeply saddened and truly shocked at this terrible news. I exchanged many PMs and posts with Peak over the earlier years of this site (I always called him Peak so I’ll do that here) and was a moderator for one of the topic areas of the site back in the days when there were different thread categories. There are very few people who try to maximize their health and minimize aging, while also publicly and candidly recording their successes and challenges so that others can benefit, and Peak was one of those generous few.

While Peak and I agreed on many things and also disagreed on some things as those who followed our posts would be aware, I learned a lot from him and the community he created. For example, he was the first source I found that discussed varicoceles which is something I turned out to have, and for that and many other things I will always be deeply grateful.

In thinking about his legacy, I truly think he, (and Nelson, and others like them) are true pioneers in what is an emerging paradigm of crowd-sourced healthcare that is evolving in real-time in front of us. Many of the major trends that are benefiting health as I write this share several characteristics:

- They are guided by discussion forums of un-paid contributors who share experiences and knowledge to help each other improve
- These communities combine a variety of backgrounds and points-of-view, including doctors, researchers, and people with wide arrays of experience, cultures and expertise to create a greater-than-the-sum-of-the-parts benefit
- The best of these communities have leaders who provide a degree of vision and crowd-control without which the community would disintegrate or not live up to its potential
- They embrace personalized health characteristics
- They give people the knowledge to view their own health (especially mental health) as something they can help to control, not just something that happens to them (something many of us commented on on Peak’s site in the context of Robin Williams’ death)
- They are almost completely unsupported by mainstream research or health authorities and are in most cases aggressively opposed by mainstream “thinking”

The community Peak created, especially as it relates to hormonal therapies is a great example of what these communities can achieve. I believe in 10 or 20 years what emerges (such as crowdsourced research) from these types of communities will become the center of the best healthcare models and substantially replace the current chronic-care mainstream as more and more people abandon reactive symptom-suppression healthcare for the type of enlightened-patient thinking Peak championed. As Carl Lanore has been saying, the future of human evolutionary success is likely to be determined by access to the best information, (something I have absolutely found to be true as one can be the richest, smartest person in the world but someone who is armed with better information will be better off) and Peak strove to be a pioneer in that.

I admired Peak’s boundless enthusiasm for new information (the first post I ever did on his site was about epigenetics which he immediately because fascinated with) and when we disagreed, the back-and-forth we had challenged my thinking,and made me refine my own views and manner of communicating them in ways that have since helped other people I have come in contact with. So his engagement with the health community will live on in ways he probably would not have expected. I also appreciated that his own views continued to constantly evolve as he learned new information, something many mainstream health celebrities seem to actively avoid.

I thought his best work was his analysis of TRT-related research where he applied excellent critical thinking and helped discredit a lot of the negativity coming from poorly done and/or negatively-biased TRT-related research. Ensuring that access to TRT and similar therapies not only remain available but improve and expand is something we can all thank Peak for his tireless pursuit of. This sad event is yet another reminder to say “thank you” while people are alive to hear it.

I am especially sad for Peak’s family and friends. Hopefully over time they can find some degree of comfort and purpose in knowing that he helped far more people than most people ever do, and carry forward a part of that in some way. I wish comfort and peace for his family, friends, and the entire Peak T community.

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 07:38:20 pm »
This is truly shocking.  Just like many commented here, at first I did not realize what happened, and then it was just like a cold shower effect.  I read this forum almost every day.  I found it online when the hormonal horror struck me about 6 years ago.  I believe this is one of the best places to get information, and Lee deserves huge amount of respect for making it possible.  We used to have pretty long discussions with Lee.  His forum contains huge amount of information, and the amount of members, active discussants, and just "lurkers" speaks for itself.  What Lee started with this forum is a HUGE knowledge repository, most of which is not possessed (or even acknowledged as a knowledge) by lion's share of today's "mainstream" physicians.  How many people are hearing from an MD "your T levels are fine, its all in your head, go home and do some soul searching"?  Lee was trying to educate people about health - a single most important aspect of everyone's life.   I believe that we MUST figure our a way to keep the site going.  It will be the single most important tribute to Lee's life.  We must keep Lee's legacy going.  One day knowledge accumulated here will become part of normal MD operational procedure.  I do not know what it will take - registering a new site and just transferring forum to the new name, or transfer a domain to a new owner, but I believe that Lee's family should be a par of this conversation at some point.  If we allow the site to go dark its almost like betraying what Lee has done.

AlienLifeForm

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 08:15:50 pm »
I’m sure peaks family is aware of the work he has done on the internet and the existence of this website. Hopefully the torch is passed on to someone who will carry this forum on there shoulder just like peak did.

seppuku

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2018, 01:01:44 am »
My heartfelt condolences go out to Lee's family. What an awful way to go. I hope his poor son recovers well, and  i hope he gets the kind of support he'll need  after losing his father in such a tragic way. Just so sad all round, what a terrible loss. Maybe Peak had one more lesson for all of us - treat every day like it could be your last, as it really could be.

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 01:21:45 am »
I was active in this forum during the earlier years (2013 - 2015/2016). More recently, I check into the forum every so often when I receive a direct message here and there. I happened to be in here yesterday and couldn't help but see the horrible news about Peak. Words can't describe how much this has bothered me. Peak was a true friend & colleague to me even though I never met him in person, nor did I know his real name until yesterday. I echo many of the comments Festus made in his post. In fact, I remember many good discussion threads with Peak, Festus, Sam and other frequent posters of that era. What I really admired most about Peak was his tolerance for a variety of viewpoints & theories even when he had his own well formed ideas on a particular topic. He was the consummate gentleman and diplomat, allowing everyone to have a voice. He also welcomed every new member into the forum personally and made them feel like they were a part of something. He truly cared about helping people. When he felt there was something valuable I might be able to add to a discussion thread, he nudged me with a direct message just to make sure that he connected a desperate forum member with someone who had walked in his shoes before. I realize this forum won't be the same without him. Perhaps after the dust settles after his untimely passing, the moderators of this forum can work with his family to continue the great work that is part of his legacy.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

Oldbull

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2018, 01:33:25 am »
He was such a kind and helpful person from his replies on the forum. Im really sad to hear this :(

Dr. John Crisler

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2018, 02:32:33 am »
Thank you for letting us know, Nelson.

So thankful Curt and I got to enjoy a couple lunches together while we were in Tucson in November. For those of you who never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Meyer, he immediately struck me as being as kind, thoughtful, and considerate a man as I have known. His complete sincerity, and desire to serve others, impressed during our email conversations over the past couple years. Those impressions were greatly magnified when we were finally face to face, and made it truly heartening to know his selflessness, work ethic, and commitment to his family defined Curt as the true essence of the "gentle man".

We have lost a giant in our community. May God be with his beloved family.
Physician in Age Management Medicine private practice. www.DrJohnCrisler.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2018, 02:32:33 am »