Quantcast

Author Topic: I Expect More  (Read 4465 times)

Mr.L

• View Profile
I Expect More
« on: January 21, 2018, 03:11:27 pm »
I am not sure if you guys are just oblivious to the fact that PEAKT has passed or what but I think there should be an infinite number of pages on Nelson's post offering condolences to his family. He built and maintained (w/ some help I am sure) this site/forum and dedicated much of his life to us and never asked for anything in return. He gave you knowledge, kindness, support and friendship. He brought all of us together and built this "community" and it is't going to be the same w/o him.
We may not have known him in person, but that makes what he did for us even more special. He spent so much time and effort to help us, people he didn't even know, with our problems and complaints. He listened and responded to us nearly every fucking day and did his best to build people up! Who does that? I can tell you, not very many people, that's who. Without him you wouldn't have "Peak Testosterone". So please read Nelson's post, offer your support and spread the word. He did so much for us; we can do better than 3 pages. I expect more; I expect an outpouring of support, I expect you to care that PEAKT is no longer here with us. I apologize for any offence I am just a little emotional this morning  :)

Kind Regards,
Mr. L   

cujet

• View Profile
Re: I Expect More
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 03:20:49 pm »
I get it. I really don't know what to say. Peak T was always helpful and we talked offline a number of times. I purchased one of his books and should probably purchase his latest book. Truly a good and helpful person dedicated to men's health. A terrible loss.

I hope you don't mind me going off topic a bit, but I have autoimmune issues and other health problems. Even the mighty Cleveland Clinic and their endless tests can't "fix" my issues. However, it's sites like this that compile the information necessary for me to make informed choices with regard to my problems. Nobody in the health care industry is going to spend more than the allotted 45 minutes to troubleshoot a problem. The chances of success are near nil. But here, I can spend many hours reading about what is known to work. Then implement the ideas found. What could be better than that?

Online sites and forums are exceptionally helpful for folks like me. I don't know any other way to say it, so I'll simply offer a posthumous "thank you" to Peak T and of course, a "thanks" to the others that make this site possible.
58 years old
Autoimmune Hashimoto's, near zero natural T production
Cause: severe mononucleosis in my early 30's
Weight 235 and climbing despite eating far less
Height 5' 10"
180mg NPthyroid (natural desiccated pigs thyroid)
Labs (Oct 2017) , my T=730, TSH 0.03, T3+T4 mid-range normal.
Prednisone 10mg/day (no ACTH, dangerously low cortisol)

10% compounded creme. T=725, which feels just right.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 03:20:49 pm »

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 03:38:18 pm »
Indeed I am at a bit of a loss as to what the future of Lee's forum will be, traffic is certainly down in the last day or so, perhaps just shock at the tragic turn of events.

To call Lee a humanitarian for what he has done for men worldwide would be the best description, his achievements go far beyond that of just another forum on the net.

There are many I see here as regular posters who I hope can take up some of the slack that his passing will cause, ultimately its up to us all, those amongst us who want to see this great work continue.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

JeffK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 04:37:15 pm »
Peaks thread has been stickied on top.  With all due respect I think it would get more response if it was left to Bump

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 04:37:15 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 04:42:20 pm »
Peaks thread has been stickied on top.  With all due respect I think it would get more response if it was left to Bump

Any other opinions on this? I thought it would be better not to risk having it knocked off the first page.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 04:49:11 pm »

Any other opinions on this? I thought it would be better not to risk having it knocked off the first page.

I was going to ask you to sticky it, so that puts me clearly in the sticky it camp.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 06:47:11 pm »

Can you change the color of the highlight to red? I was going to as you to sticky it as well.... But I see why he says that; I do not pay as much attention to the stickied posts.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:49:04 pm by Mr.L »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 07:16:37 pm »

Can you change the color of the highlight to red? I was going to as you to sticky it as well.... But I see why he says that; I do not pay as much attention to the stickied posts.

The only thing I can do is change the icon, presumably either to the exclamation point or to the sad icon.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 07:25:25 pm »

The only thing I can do is change the icon, presumably either to the exclamation point or to the sad icon.

Fair enough,  I trust your judgement Cat. I just want people to understand what happened and offer the same support that Peak offered everyone who came to him for help.  I'm really not trying to cause a stink I just felt like people weren't getting it. 

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 01:15:25 am »
Cat, good move on doing the sticky.  I felt weird pushing it down, by commenting on other threads.

The tributes to Peak will come in over time.  My sense is that most guys resolve their issues and move on (itself a tribute to his work).  Some of us stay on to fix remaining issues, optimize general health and to help others.
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 01:42:26 am »
Some (or all) of you may not know me. I was active earlier in the history of this website, and I had a close relationship with Peak and a few others from that timeframe. I posted some thoughts on the sticky thread after reflecting on this horrible tragedy over the weekend. I notified Sam a little while ago who was an extremely active poster, and I believe he was also a moderator for some period of time. To address your original point, Mr L, it is possible that there is a larger group of people who would remember Peak and post on that memorial sticky thread. The problem may be that they are not aware of his passing. It is true that people come and go and sometimes (like me) stay loosely connected to this forum, especially as their own personal health problems improve and they don't need the counsel of others as much.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

IamTheOneWhoKnocks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 05:10:55 pm »

Is there anything we can do? Do we know if his family is OK, do they need anything, can we put together a GoFundMe to help with arrangements or at least pitch in for some flowers? We ALL owe this man a HUGE amount of respect, he has helped so many of us on his personal time, for basically free.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 05:48:38 pm »

Is there anything we can do? Do we know if his family is OK, do they need anything, can we put together a GoFundMe to help with arrangements or at least pitch in for some flowers? ...

Nelson will continue to be in touch with Lee's family, so in time he should have some thoughts on the best ways to help out.

climber389

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 10:33:37 pm »

If it were stickied when it was first posted, I never would've seen it. I'm in the habit of scrolling down past the stickied threads to see the latest stuff and pay no attention to the stickied threads. I think it belongs in the stickied threads at some point, but I'd leave it to bump until it keeps falling off the first page regularly. Once it goes a couple of days or so with no new responses, then sticky it. My 2 cents.

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 11:21:16 pm »

If it were stickied when it was first posted, I never would've seen it. I'm in the habit of scrolling down past the stickied threads to see the latest stuff and pay no attention to the stickied threads. I think it belongs in the stickied threads at some point, but I'd leave it to bump until it keeps falling off the first page regularly. Once it goes a couple of days or so with no new responses, then sticky it. My 2 cents.

That is what I thought at first but people are starting to find it now. I think we should just help spread the word when appropriate at this point.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 11:21:16 pm »