Quantcast

Author Topic: Does taking DHEA lowers Test levels??  (Read 5338 times)

factor5a

• View Profile
Re: Does taking DHEA lowers Test levels??
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 01:22:34 am »
Have you taken DHEA, by the way?
Yes, I've been taking 12.5 mg a day for some years now.

I see. Do you know if it has helped you in increasing you DHEA levels? I mean objectilvly by lab works? I am asking because
 after having 25 mgs daily during 10 days, my lab work reported a very low level as I said in a  prior reply. (1.95    .06-13.37)so it means I was very very low before starting with the 25 mgs , and ,do you know if  it decreased in some way your test levels?  By the way, I did the calculation with the Total Test level they give me and it is correct, of course, with the level of 700s they got. I'll make them repeat it but I doubt they are wrong.

Before supplementing with DHEA my level was measured as 100 ug/dL. Several measurements since have been in the range of 280-300 ug/dL. Supplementation was very effective. I do not believe it has had a perceptible effect on testosterone, and I don't see a plausible mechanism for it to do much to testosterone when we're on TRT. Look at a steroidogenesis diagram. You would know if DHT increased by 300 ng/dL, and you'd especially know it if estradiol went up by 3,000 pg/mL! If you're injecting a consistent amount of testosterone then it's got to be somewhere.

Mmmm, this is very confusing for me, since I didn't change anything but the DHEA. I'll make them repeat the lab work. I hope any Dr jumps in and give and opinion on wether DHEA has something to do with this.

54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Albśmin

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: Does taking DHEA lowers Test levels??
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 01:22:34 am »