Quantcast

Author Topic: Lab Results (almost 2 years on)  (Read 2667 times)

Mr.L

• View Profile
Lab Results (almost 2 years on)
« on: February 09, 2018, 10:02:49 pm »
I received my lab results today and I had some surprising results and some that I expected. First, MY TT was lower than it has been since I started at 737. This wasn't a surprise really since I started injecting more frequently. I felt better when it was higher IF my estradiol wasn't crazy high/low. FreeT was 20.0; that has been consistent. My DHEAs is 330.3; I think that is good. PSA is .7 hasn't really moved since I started. E2 is 32.6; I am happy with that number for now. Vitamin D= 57.6 middle of the road and better than the last lab which was around 20.
Now two things I did not expect. First my Ferritin was low at 15 (range 30-400). I will probably start a supplement to correct this. And My IGF-1 was high at 259 (range 67-205) . That doesn't seem like it is crazy out of control high but I do not know anything about it so we will see what the Doc says. I was expecting it to be low, hoping to explain some fatigue and weakness. But I was way off base. Does anyone know if that is very high and why it would be high?
I know a lot of guys say that that TT of 737 is right where you want to be but I think I felt better when it was closer to 1000. Is that reasonable?
Finally I had thyroid labs but have no idea how to intemperate them. I asked for those to explain the fatigue and cold feet but they are all normal.     
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:49:13 pm by Mr.L »

ghce

• View Profile
Re: Lab Results (almost 2 years on)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:21:27 pm »
I noticed when I increased my T dosage my IGF-1 also shot up, doc wanted to run furthur tests on me as high IGF-1 can be an indicator to some medical conditions however my conclusion is that it is just a beneficial effect of heightened T.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 10:21:27 pm »

Mindscape

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 11:32:18 pm »
The difference between normal and optimal are very different, don't believe that just because you're in the normal range that you're alright, most doctors don't know what normal is. Share labs.

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 11:35:36 pm »
Did you have SHBG tested?  It would be good to verify that free testosterone level, because it is unlikely that you are going to see much improvement by going higher.  Also keep in mind, that when you first start TRT it is common to have a honeymoon period, when men will feel almost euphoric.  If that's what happened, then bumping up your testosterone will not bring it back.   

Your IGF-1 is not high in absolute terms, just high for your age (that range is probably age-adjusted).  And of course that probably reflects good growth hormone levels.  Diet can influence IGF level, as well as testosterone and DHEA (if you are taking that).

That low ferretin is something to investigate further though.  It is not something I am very familiar with, so perhaps someone else will chime-in.  Maybe that is the reason for your fatigue?

You might want to take less vitamin D, once we get to the time of year when you can get it from the sun (ie, when you can get a tan).
178 lbs 5'8''

Current Treatment: 50 mg testosterone cypionate IM, twice a week
Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 11:35:36 pm »

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 11:50:49 pm »
The difference between normal and optimal are very different, don't believe that just because you're in the normal range that you're alright, most doctors don't know what normal is. Share labs.

Are you referring to the thyroid labs?

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 12:27:56 am »
Did you have SHBG tested?  It would be good to verify that free testosterone level, because it is unlikely that you are going to see much improvement by going higher.  Also keep in mind, that when you first start TRT it is common to have a honeymoon period, when men will feel almost euphoric.  If that's what happened, then bumping up your testosterone will not bring it back.   

Your IGF-1 is not high in absolute terms, just high for your age (that range is probably age-adjusted).  And of course that probably reflects good growth hormone levels.  Diet can influence IGF level, as well as testosterone and DHEA (if you are taking that).

That low ferretin is something to investigate further though.  It is not something I am very familiar with, so perhaps someone else will chime-in.  Maybe that is the reason for your fatigue?

You might want to take less vitamin D, once we get to the time of year when you can get it from the sun (ie, when you can get a tan).

No I didn't get SHBG tested but I will, thanks. I didn't think the IGF-1 was that high so it's good to hear of similar results. I do take dhea/preg at night. Yes I think the ferrittin is an issue and plan to take a modest sup until I speak to the doctor. My Vitamin D was 20 at the end of summer so I am not sure I will be able to lower it. I'll probably just have to test and see...  Thanks for the feedback Boxcar

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 12:54:43 am »

No I didn't get SHBG tested but I will, thanks. I didn't think the IGF-1 was that high so it's good to hear of similar results. I do take dhea/preg at night. Yes I think the ferrittin is an issue and plan to take a modest sup until I speak to the doctor. My Vitamin D was 20 at the end of summer so I am not sure I will be able to lower it. I'll probably just have to test and see...  Thanks for the feedback Boxcar

If you are not supplementing vitamin D, then that is pretty odd that you would be higher now than at the end of the summer.  Your DHEA is right on target.  Out of curiosity, what is your protocol for that?
178 lbs 5'8''

Low T Symptoms: Chronic pelvic pain, and other neuropathic pain.  Mild anxiety, low energy and low motivation
Meds: Amitriptyline (for pain, not depression), Clonidine (for sleep, not blood pressure)

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 01:10:04 am »

If you are not supplementing vitamin D, then that is pretty odd that you would be higher now than at the end of the summer.  Your DHEA is right on target.  Out of curiosity, what is your protocol for that?

Maybe I was unclear, I have been taking V-d since before last summer and increased it after summer when I had the low test.

I take DHEA/Preg  25/25 every night at bedtime

Boxcar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 03:39:12 am »

Maybe I was unclear, I have been taking V-d since before last summer and increased it after summer when I had the low test.

I take DHEA/Preg  25/25 every night at bedtime

Ok, that makes sense.

I have been taking 25 mg DHEA 2x per day, plus 100mg keto-7 DHEA 2x/day (Jarrow).  The keto stuff is supposed to maybe help with weight loss, altjough the study data is sparse.  It is supposedly a non-hormonal metabolite of DHEA.
178 lbs 5'8''

doin it

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 04:43:48 am »

L,
In addition to Iron and Ferritin, a couple other tests can provide more insight:
Transferrin and TIBC.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 04:43:48 am »