Quantcast

Author Topic: Pregnenlone  (Read 3958 times)

Arginine

• View Profile
Pregnenlone
« on: February 28, 2018, 08:59:05 am »
Maybe there is people who use pregnenolone? Is it safe to use it for long term?

anton3196

• View Profile
Re: Pregnenlone
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:14:52 am »
few months into supplementing dhea and preg I got severe side effects I think it was the topical preg which affected me negatevily not sure about oral preg and dhea.. i would recommend to do good testing first and if you do need it start very low just in case.. because im still not back to normal

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:14:52 am »

HRT Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 01:11:27 pm »
Very low is the way to go. This stuff being "prescribed" such as it is and in the doses it is isn't good for many guys. Start low and titrate up judging your tolerance for either of them. I personally detest DHEA and don't advocate it's use. Either of these, actually. Throwing these at guys and treating numbers on a lab report is never a good idea.

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 02:03:16 pm »
Maybe there is people who use pregnenolone? Is it safe to use it for long term?

I've taken a 25/25 dhea/preg for two years without any obvious issue. My DHEA was 72 when I started though so I probably needed it. I think your body needs it to ber present so just test prior to supplementing and maybe work work your doctor.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 02:03:16 pm »

Arginine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 08:02:39 am »
I have low libido, fatigue and I think 1,25mg pregnenolone do some minimal improve, so I think to try 5mg. But if I use pregnenolone it will be for life? Or I can stop use it whenever I want?

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 04:01:22 pm »
I have low libido, fatigue and I think 1,25mg pregnenolone do some minimal improve, so I think to try 5mg. But if I use pregnenolone it will be for life? Or I can stop use it whenever I want?

I am no doctor but I do not think you will need to take it for life. It's not going to shut down your HTPA axis if that is what you are referring to.

Dr. John Crisler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 03:01:03 am »
If a patient (male or female) is suffering anxiety, I will start them on PREG sustained release 30-50mgs before bed. If they can take that without grogginess in the morning, add an AM dose.

I use DHEA in virtually all my TRT patients. A few don't respond well. OTOH, some tell me it changed their lives.
Physician in Age Management Medicine private practice. www.DrJohnCrisler.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Dr Justin Saya, MD

• View Profile
    • Defy Medical
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 03:48:50 am »
If a patient (male or female) is suffering anxiety, I will start them on PREG sustained release 30-50mgs before bed. If they can take that without grogginess in the morning, add an AM dose.

I use DHEA in virtually all my TRT patients. A few don't respond well. OTOH, some tell me it changed their lives.

Indeed my friend.

Our dearly missed PeakT often professed that he considered the DHEA that I prescribed for him during our first consultation to be a missing piece to his HRT puzzle. In fact, he described the decrease in anxiety he experienced with the addition of DHEA to be as life-changing as his TRT itself.
Lead Physician & Medical Director
http://www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Arginine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 04:25:10 pm »

I feel anexiety, maybe stress special in public spaces. But why in evening, not in the morning? And one more question should it help my libido?

Dr. John Crisler

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 09:33:32 am »

Indeed my friend.

Our dearly missed PeakT often professed that he considered the DHEA that I prescribed for him during our first consultation to be a missing piece to his HRT puzzle. In fact, he described the decrease in anxiety he experienced with the addition of DHEA to be as life-changing as his TRT itself.
Well, you sure did a lot for him, then. During the two lunches I had the honor of sharing with Curt last November, I detected NO anxiety whatsoever. He was as chill as they come.

Curt spoke very highly of you in that conversation, Dr. Saya.
Physician in Age Management Medicine private practice. www.DrJohnCrisler.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 02:29:51 pm »
A couple of months ago I started taking around 100mg of oral preg then ramped it to 900-1200 mg a day. My preg was a whopping 28 at the time I started and I wanted to get it to the top of the range just to see if it would make me feel somewhat normal. I felt it helped some things for a few weeks but it wasn't life changing.  It did get my preg to the top of the range tho. I'm now taking 200 mg a day, it doesn't do anything for me other than to keep my preg from being at bottom.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 02:29:51 pm »