Quantcast

Author Topic: How to increase SHBG  (Read 4656 times)

SHBetaG

• View Profile
How to increase SHBG
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:37:44 am »
So here is what I've been able to gather throughout my research. I think most of them are based on some kind of research, but I haven't kept the sources. (Probably found easily through Google Scholar). Most of them have something to do with lowering inflammation.

1. olive oil
2. ‎exercise
3. ‎monounsaturated fatty acids
4. ‎(prolonged) fasting
5. ‎calorie restriction
6. ‎walnuts
7. ‎almonds
8. ‎omega-3
9. ‎fiber
10. ‎berberin
11. ‎proper sleep
12. ‎Vitamin D
13. ‎red wine
14. ‎coffee

Avoid these:

1. (animal) protein (especially milk)
2. body fat
3. carbohydrates
4. saturated fatty acids
5. ‎zinc (shame, since you need this)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to increase SHBG
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 01:35:32 pm »
If there's a separate list for less-natural ways to raise SHBG then clomiphene (Clomid) should be on it.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 01:35:32 pm »

vvs1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 01:40:25 am »
My shbg was already high, but fasting and a vegan diet increased it about 30-40 points.

It's usually high 40s, low 50s and after trying vegan it was about 88.

And I did the fasting and vegan for liver cleansing/ body detox hoping it would lower shbg, but it did the complete opposite.

Things you'll want to avoid, if you want to increase shbg, are sugar and fructose, which turn off the gene that's responsible for making or triggering shbg.

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 02:15:07 am »
Thyroid hormones will increase SHBG
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 02:15:07 am »

James

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 02:16:42 am »
The problem is that none of these things will significantly increase SHBG, and especially not when it is low (outside reference range.)   Not even Clomid.   Not even T3.

The increases to expect are in the  +3-9 nmol/L range for everything that you've mentioned (+30% baseline, max.), and that's assuming you started out with a number that you wouldn't want to increase anyway, such as 35 nmol/L.

Some of the studies are exclusive to women (coffee), or women with PCOS (berberine.)

If we're going to add non-natural substances, it must also include:

oral ethinyl estradiol (avg: +100%)
GTX-758 study drug  (avg: + 500%)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:20:24 am by James »

Dr. John Crisler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 02:57:32 am »
The problem is that none of these things will significantly increase SHBG, and especially not when it is low (outside reference range.)   Not even Clomid.   Not even T3.

The increases to expect are in the  +3-9 nmol/L range for everything that you've mentioned (+30% baseline, max.), and that's assuming you started out with a number that you wouldn't want to increase anyway, such as 35 nmol/L.

Some of the studies are exclusive to women (coffee), or women with PCOS (berberine.)

Yes, I've seen the low SHBG not respond to anti-oxidants, Thyroid RT, etc by increasing SHBG much. It would seem they are just so inflamed, or whatever the cause(s), we have to strategize our way around all those free hormones--and increased T excretion in the urine (but not E), as you have astutely pointed out.

OTOH, I've seen many go from mid range to over the top with antioxidants and Thyroid supplementation.
Physician in Age Management Medicine private practice. www.DrJohnCrisler.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Arginine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 04:28:04 pm »
I use berberine to increase my SHBG and seems it's working for me, I up my SHBG by +10nmol/l.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 09:22:00 pm »
I use berberine to increase my SHBG and seems it's working for me, I up my SHBG by +10nmol/l.

What was your baseline?

willowfield29

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 09:55:52 pm »
Is there nothing that can be injected to increase SHBG like the way you can inject testosterone?

James

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 10:37:37 pm »
Is there nothing that can be injected to increase SHBG like the way you can inject testosterone?

While SHBG is available from medical research providers for in vivo research, it is expressly not intended for human use, as it is collected directly from human serum and there is a risk of disease transmission.

As far as I know, nobody synthesizes it.

vvs1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 11:38:12 pm »

Yes, I've seen the low SHBG not respond to anti-oxidants, Thyroid RT, etc by increasing SHBG much. It would seem they are just so inflamed, or whatever the cause(s), we have to strategize our way around all those free hormones--and increased T excretion in the urine (but not E), as you have astutely pointed out.

OTOH, I've seen many go from mid range to over the top with antioxidants and Thyroid supplementation.

Is it uncommon for a patient to have high-shbg&hypothyroid or low-shbg&hyperthyroid?

Is the goal to address thyroid at the expense of sex hormones?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 11:38:12 pm »