Quantcast

Author Topic: Milk ?  (Read 5228 times)

doin it

• View Profile
Milk ?
« on: April 06, 2018, 09:33:22 pm »
Pasteurized Milk gets a bad rap for a lot of reasons.  Raw, unpasteurized milk is said to be much better but still gets bad-mouthed for fat, etc. content.
Many guys on this forum either lift or are very health concious or both, I'm wondering how many of you guys drink milk and how much every day and is it raw and unpasteurized?

I read once that humans are the only creatures on Earth that drinks the milk of a different species.

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
Re: Milk ?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 02:47:57 am »
I switched to coconut milk a while back.  I don't drink much of it though.  I use half n half in my coffee.  So, no milk for me.  I do drink kefir once in a while, which is milk based.  It's sort of like yogurt.  I would drink raw milk, but it is a pain in the *** to get.
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 02:47:57 am »

gimmeabreak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 03:52:41 am »
I use a little cream in my coffee but other than that I don't really touch milk anymore.  I find there's more negatives then  there are positives when it comes to ingesting the pus of a cow!  And it makes sense, milk is meant to make a baby cow grow as fast as possible into a healthy cow. Therefore it's full of hormones and nutrients specifically for baby cows not humans.
39 years old/ 180lbs.

April 2016 - 50mg test cypionate 2x week
                - 250 iu HCG eod
                - 25 mg DHEA daily

Sleep apnea - CPAP

- Former natural physique competitor
- switched from weightlifting to gymnastics in January 2016
- diet: some what paleo based. Lots of veggies, no sugar, no grains, fish, chicken, beef. (I use wild, grass fed, free range and hormone free whenever possible)

ghce

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 04:02:49 am »
My entire life I have consumed vast daily levels of milk one to 2 litres every day I also supplement that by eating/drinking up to 4 litres of homemade natural unsweetened yogurt every week, all of this has been on Pasteurised milk, never felt better.

Since the late 80's all of the milk be it in tea or straight drunk has been low fat milk or I am quite sure I would be the size of a house.

I only mention the Yogurt in passing as it is really no longer milk being just the excreta of some very hungry gut bugs.
2014 Androderm Patches
2014-2016 Oral Andriol 160mg Daily
June 2016 Clomid/Serophene 12.5mg EOD
September 2016 no TRT all natural and supplements for the time being
February 2017 Testosterone cream 100mg daily

Sept 2016
Testosterone   8.2 nmol/l   9-38
Free Testosterone   239 pmol/l   L   250-800
SHBG:  14    nmol/L   9-60
Free Androgen index   586   >400
Oestradiol    112   pmol/L    <190
LH    2.6 IU/L Adult male   2 - 9 IU/L
FSH  1.4 IU/L Adult male L2 - 12 IU/L

22 November
T 6.8  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) L

March 2017
Testosterone:   45.0  nmol/L ( 9-38 ) H ( 1,323 ng/dl )
Free Testosterone:   1512  pmol/L ( 250-800 ) H
SHBG:   17  nmol/L ( 9-60 )
Plasma IGF-1:   227 ug/L ( 55-198 ) H
Plasma cortisol:   434 nmol/L ( 0600-1000 hrs 170-500 nmol/L )
HbA1c:   36 mmol/mol ( 20-40 )
LH:   <0.1 IU/L
FSH:   0.1 IU/L
DHT Plasma Dihydrotestosterone:   7455   pmol/L ( 223 ng/dl ) 
Reference Range Adult males  1000-6000 pmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 04:02:49 am »

53chevy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 05:13:06 am »
I love me some milk. I go through a gallon a week of whole milk.

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 04:02:54 pm »
I quit drinking plain milk years agobut I do use whey protein. I mix it with soy milk,  I just like soy milk better. I do eat icecream and yogurt. I have conflicting thoughts on the topic but I will say two things.  First,  the dairy industry is cruel so there's that.  Second, we are also the only animal that has conquered the entire planet and working on the rest of the universe. 

HRT Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 11:27:54 pm »
I quit drinking plain milk years agobut I do use whey protein. I mix it with soy milk,  I just like soy milk better. I do eat icecream and yogurt. I have conflicting thoughts on the topic but I will say two things.  First,  the dairy industry is cruel so there's that.  Second, we are also the only animal that has conquered the entire planet and working on the rest of the universe.

I bet youre a blast at a party.

Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:45:31 pm »
My entire life I have consumed vast daily levels of milk one to 2 litres every day I also supplement that by eating/drinking up to 4 litres of homemade natural unsweetened yogurt every week, all of this has been on Pasteurised milk, never felt better.

Since the late 80's all of the milk be it in tea or straight drunk has been low fat milk or I am quite sure I would be the size of a house.

I only mention the Yogurt in passing as it is really no longer milk being just the excreta of some very hungry gut bugs.

Ditto...except I usually only drink about 3 or 4 cups of 1% milk per day, plus one FAGE non-fat yogurt, and one single serving of low fat cottage cheese. I've always consumed plenty of pasteurized dairy, since early childhood, and I've never had any significant health issues crop up.
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 185 lbs
Body Fat: 10-13%
50 mg test cyp IM twice per week

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 12:52:17 pm »

I'm not sure what you meant by that; are you being snide perhaps?   My point is that as a species our imagination, innovation and ability to adapt sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom.

Regulus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 01:57:16 pm »

I'm not sure what you meant by that; are you being snide perhaps?   My point is that as a species our imagination, innovation and ability to adapt sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom.

I'm pretty sure it's just a generic response to anyone who suggests that maybe there's something to think about with regard to using animals for food.   Ad hominem, the most effective resort for someone who knows they can't defend their point of view but doesn't want to give it up.   Extra points for the highly defensive ad hominem, deployed completely unnecessarily.
Late 40's, on TRT since 2011.
Test cyp 50 mg twice per week
Vegan and loving it since late 2015

BBkingbluesking122

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 04:14:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's just a generic response to anyone who suggests that maybe there's something to think about with regard to using animals for food.   Ad hominem, the most effective resort for someone who knows they can't defend their point of view but doesn't want to give it up.   Extra points for the highly defensive ad hominem, deployed completely unnecessarily.

You go over there. It’s nice 🙂. You go over there. Then, you go over there. Now hair I over there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:29:17 pm by BBkingbluesking122 »
% Body Fat: 9 %

BBkingbluesking122

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 04:20:09 pm »
PeakT sorry for my nonsense reply  8) 😎
% Body Fat: 9 %

doin it

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 12:18:49 pm »
I switched to coconut milk a while back.  I don't drink much of it though.  I use half n half in my coffee.  So, no milk for me.  I do drink kefir once in a while, which is milk based.  It's sort of like yogurt.  I would drink raw milk, but it is a pain in the *** to get.

-------

Right Joe.  It IS a pain to get.  In Florida, they have to label it "For Pet/Ag Use" to sell it.  It is available at some health food stores.
I was recently in Kentucky and you cannot get it there unless you know someone at a dairy farm.  And I heard there are a few isolated, hard-to-find co-ops that have it.

Too bad that the powers that be protect the greedy dairy farms at the expense of good  health (and money ) for Americans.

See:

http://www.mercyforanimals.org/dairy-is-on-the-declineso-why-do-american

Dairy Is on the Decline—So Why Do American Taxpayers Have to Subsidize It?

by Rachel Krantz - May 31, 2017
Here’s the good news: Dairy milk consumption—horrible for cows on dairies, human health, and the environment alike—is on the decline. A perfect storm of lessening consumer demand, trade squabbles, and scaled-back dairy purchasing worldwide has left dairy products piling up—especially in the United States.

The U.S. currently has more than 800 million pounds of excess American cheese and 272 million pounds of excess butter, the USDA calculates. Dairy factory farmers are forcing cows to produce so much that millions of pounds of excess milk are simply dumped onto fields. According to MarketWatch, “In the Midwest and Northeast, nearly 78 million gallons of milk have been dumped so far this year, up 86% from the same period last year.”

Despite all this milk going to waste because nobody wants it, the U.S. dairy industry is still heavily subsidized by the government—and receiving taxpayer bailouts as a result. Lawmakers lobbied by the dairy industry are asking the USDA to continue using taxpayer money to buy excess cheese. Last year, the agency spent $20 million to do so and this year has already spent all the authorized funds. Now, according to a USDA spokesperson, a new request for yet more taxpayer money to be spent subsidizing this failing, cruel, and unhealthy industry is being considered.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 12:42:45 pm »

-------

Right Joe.  It IS a pain to get.  In Florida, they have to label it "For Pet/Ag Use" to sell it.  It is available at some health food stores.
I was recently in Kentucky and you cannot get it there unless you know someone at a dairy farm.  And I heard there are a few isolated, hard-to-find co-ops that have it.

Too bad that the powers that be protect the greedy dairy farms at the expense of good  health (and money ) for Americans.

If you, as an adult, wish to accept the higher risk of illness in drinking raw milk, then go for it. It gets more complicated when children are involved. Is the risk low enough that parents should have the final say? According to CDC, "... the risk of outbreaks linked to raw milk is at least 150 times greater than the risk of outbreaks linked to pasteurized milk." In addition, "The hospitalization rate for patients in outbreaks linked to raw milk was 13 times higher (13% vs. 1%) than the rate for people in outbreaks linked to pasteurized milk." "59% of outbreaks involved at least one child younger than 5." "In raw milk outbreaks, children aged 1 to 4 accounted for 38% of illnesses caused by Salmonella and 28% of illnesses caused by Shiga toxin-producing E. coli."
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 3.2 mg TE subQ qd, 2.4 mg TP subQ qd, 20 mcg GnRH subQ 5.25x/d, 6.25 mg DHEA bid, 12.5 mg enclomiphene qod
Approximate levels (peak): TT: 700 ng/dL, E2: 30 pg/mL, DHEA-S: 300 ug/dL, SHBG: 30 nMol/L

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 05:33:48 pm »

-------

If you, as an adult, wish to accept the higher risk of illness in drinking raw milk, then go for it. It gets more complicated when children are involved. Is the risk low enough that parents should have the final say? According to CDC, "... the risk of outbreaks linked to raw milk is at least 150 times greater than the risk of outbreaks linked to pasteurized milk." In addition, "The hospitalization rate for patients in outbreaks linked to raw milk was 13 times higher (13% vs. 1%) than the rate for people in outbreaks linked to pasteurized milk." "59% of outbreaks involved at least one child younger than 5." "In raw milk outbreaks, children aged 1 to 4 accounted for 38% of illnesses caused by Salmonella and 28% of illnesses caused by Shiga toxin-producing E. coli."

You can get your nutrition from plenty of other sources that this risk is unnecessary these days.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 05:33:48 pm »