Quantcast

Author Topic: True or false - testosterone is not stored in body but estrogen is?  (Read 4775 times)

Kwn

• View Profile
If the answer is true - where is estrogen deposited?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
If the answer is true - where is estrogen deposited?

There are receptors everywhere (like testosterone) if that's what you're asking:  the brain, prostate, arteries, etc. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Kwn

• View Profile
Sorry for confusing formulation.  What I mean - is testosterone half life lower than estrogen half life?  If true it makes estrogen even harder to reduce. 
The reason why I ask - aromatize inhibitors only block new estrogen production.  They do not act on existing estrogen.  So it takes time for body to metabolize presentestrogen and find new equilibrium.  So when do you feel effect of arimidex after starting to take it?

davie12

• View Profile
Sorry for confusing formulation.  What I mean - is testosterone half life lower than estrogen half life?  If true it makes estrogen even harder to reduce. 
The reason why I ask - aromatize inhibitors only block new estrogen production.  They do not act on existing estrogen.  So it takes time for body to metabolize presentestrogen and find new equilibrium.  So when do you feel effect of arimidex after starting to take it?

Keep in mind that estrogen is continually being excreted from the body as well naturally. This is occurring through the P450 enzyme in the liver. The reason I know this tidbit of science is that it is related to my problem of taking tetracycline. That class of drug slows down the P450 process. I am also new to Arimidex and have been monitoring symptoms to see how I'm feeling but no breakthroughs as of yet. I am at 0.5mg twice/wk but started at very high Estradiol (74).
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

Peak Testosterone Forum

• View Profile
it took about 10-12 days for me to notice the difference after starting arimidex

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
This is occurring through the P450 enzyme in the liver. The reason I know this tidbit of science is that it is related to my problem of taking tetracycline.
Hope you're taking a good probiotic supplement if you're still taking tetracycline.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

davie12

• View Profile
This is occurring through the P450 enzyme in the liver. The reason I know this tidbit of science is that it is related to my problem of taking tetracycline.
Hope you're taking a good probiotic supplement if you're still taking tetracycline.

Believe me. I quit that medication a while back. And now from over-using it, I'm probably resistant to it. I should've never listened to that Harvard educated dermatologist. I only hope I haven't screwed myself permanently.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

JackAndy

• View Profile
Hormones are stored in the blood only as far as I know, they certainly aren't water soluble which means they shouldn't be stored in fat like water soluble vitamins such as vitamin C. I think you mean to say that fat contains aromatase enzymes which convert testosterone into estrogen. These hormones have different receptors, but in the body they behave much the same.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Peak Testosterone Forum