Quantcast

Author Topic: Random Question for anyone interested...  (Read 1698 times)

ADHDandOCD

Random Question for anyone interested...
« on: June 26, 2018, 08:12:59 pm »
Doesn't probably relate to Testosterone directly, but anyone know why ADHD may seem worse for me the days after I do cardio?  It also seems worse after the "runners high" I get wears off, but is basically the same for biking. 

Also, I don't focus as well the next day when I lift the day prior, but I focus well after lifting on the day I lifted.

Wouldn't the dopamine from cardio and endorphins help me focus more?  I've never understood why lifting would help me focus more?  My "Assumption" is that the intense cardio elevates cortisol and cuts Testosterone production, but the lifting raises it temporarily and the elevated Testosterone after lifting helps me focus, maybe?

I don't know, what do you guys think/know on this sort of thing?  Just a thing I've noticed for years now. 

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
Re: Random Question for anyone interested...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 02:16:48 am »
what do you mean when you say that your ADHD is worse?  What specific symptoms get worse?
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 02:16:48 am »

gimmeabreak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 04:00:29 am »
Doesn't probably relate to Testosterone directly, but anyone know why ADHD may seem worse for me the days after I do cardio?  It also seems worse after the "runners high" I get wears off, but is basically the same for biking. 

Also, I don't focus as well the next day when I lift the day prior, but I focus well after lifting on the day I lifted.

Wouldn't the dopamine from cardio and endorphins help me focus more?  I've never understood why lifting would help me focus more?  My "Assumption" is that the intense cardio elevates cortisol and cuts Testosterone production, but the lifting raises it temporarily and the elevated Testosterone after lifting helps me focus, maybe?

I don't know, what do you guys think/know on this sort of thing?  Just a thing I've noticed for years now.

I would guess that maybe a side effect of your ADHD/OCD would be anywhere from mild to moderate adrenal fatigue. When you have those intense sessions it can real havoc on your adrenals especially if your stress and cortisol is high, not getting adequate sleep etc. I have had adrenal issues and when I train too hard or too intense too many time in a row without getting proper recovery it exacerbates things like anxiety and fatigue. So although exercise is important try scaling back on your endurance training.

Just a guess.
39 years old/ 180lbs.

April 2016 - 50mg test cypionate 2x week
                - 250 iu HCG eod
                - 25 mg DHEA daily

Sleep apnea - CPAP

- Former natural physique competitor
- switched from weightlifting to gymnastics in January 2016
- diet: some what paleo based. Lots of veggies, no sugar, no grains, fish, chicken, beef. (I use wild, grass fed, free range and hormone free whenever possible)

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 06:43:42 am »

I've been getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night.  I've also been taking high dose amphetamines for months and now am taking Wellbutrin without my doctor knowing because he would kill me if he knew I was taking those together since I have severe OCD/panic disorder, but I've been so depressed from hormonal issues and long-term depression from ADHD I will have to break the hard news to him tomorrow.  I'm scared, but I have to face what I've done and what I am responsible for. 

I would guess that maybe a side effect of your ADHD/OCD would be anywhere from mild to moderate adrenal fatigue. When you have those intense sessions it can real havoc on your adrenals especially if your stress and cortisol is high, not getting adequate sleep etc. I have had adrenal issues and when I train too hard or too intense too many time in a row without getting proper recovery it exacerbates things like anxiety and fatigue. So although exercise is important try scaling back on your endurance training.

Just a guess.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 06:43:42 am »

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 06:49:16 am »
what do you mean when you say that your ADHD is worse?  What specific symptoms get worse?

Inattentive the most seems to get worse.  I do notice hyperactivity gets worse too, but "more" of the day seems like inattentive is a "greater" issue; especially if I've lifted the day before.  With cardio the day before, I generally feel the inattentive is better, but the hyperactivity is worse. 

Must be the neurophysiology of how the exercise is impacting my neurotransmitters over the following 24 hours post-exercise. 

I took psychopharmacology, but it was so basic and not near enough to answer 99.9% of my questions.

Hence why I'm a 4th year psychology major wanting to be a Clinical Psychologist PhD or PsyD (haven't decided yet). 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 06:49:16 am »