Quantcast

Author Topic: please help!  (Read 3701 times)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: please help!
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2018, 07:32:57 am »
I mean your testosterone is low enough that it could be contributing to your symptoms. At your age TRT should be pretty much a last resort. If natural/dietary methods would work then they should be preferred. Otherwise Clomid could be useful to tell you if you're going in the right direction.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

QQ

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2018, 10:36:27 pm »
Just trying to brainstorm here with you.  I may have misunderstood your previous posts, but didn't you say you had bulging discs and nerve issues in your lower spine?  Is there any way nerve problems are causing some or all of your numbness/ED problems, and then libido going to zero as a result of the numbness/ED?  Obviously you also have some mediocre lab results, but is it possible that at least some of your problems could be solved by dealing with your spine problems?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2018, 10:36:27 pm »

joeviv10

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2018, 03:19:40 am »
QQ, Honestly I dont know anymore. When all this started I was 100% sure it was hormonal. This is because it happened during a starvation diet and overtraining regimen. I just noticed I stopped getting erections and my libido was gone. Doctor suggested mri of lumbar spine. Neurologist said that the spot that I have back problems gives sensation to the genital region. He reccomended I see a neurosurgeon. Neurosurgeon basically blew it off and said he has a hard time imagining that my back problems are causing numbness and no libido. He recommended I  finish with the endo and come back to him with a brain mri as well. All of my symptoms are similar to those who have taken finasteride/accutane/propecia/ssris.

shattered dreams

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2018, 03:45:02 am »
As others have said, your options are to either go on clomid or trt.  :)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2018, 03:45:02 am »

QQ

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2018, 09:31:24 am »
First off, you have other options than just clomid or TRT.  Those are certainly options for you, but they are not your only ones.  I get that shattered dreams is trying to help, but it would be helpful if he dialed down the pessimism and fatalism a little bit.

Second, it seems to me that you are very focused on post finasteride syndrome.  You certainly have a bunch of the sexual symptoms of post finasteride syndrome, but you haven't mentioned many of the other symptoms:

Gynecomastia
Fatigue
Muscle atrophy, weakness
Muscle twitching
Decreased oil and sebum production
Chronically dry, thinning of skin
Melasma (brownish macules and patches that typically affect sun-exposed areas on the face)
Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
increased fat deposition, obesity and elevated body mass index
decrease in body temperature
Reduced HDL cholesterol, raised fasting glucose and triglycerides

People with post finasteride syndrome certainly have low DHT.  You also have low DHT.  But you have no history of taking anything that would cause post finasteride syndrome, and you are missing a lot of the symptoms of post finasteride syndrome.  The fact that you have low DHT does not mean that you have post finasteride syndrome.

Also, the rest of your lab results look inconclusive to me - there's no pattern that jumps out as obvious.  Your T is not amazing, but its not terrible either.  Going on TRT or clomid at this moment seems like it would be a shot in the dark.  Better to be patient and not jump the gun on those things.

--------------------

Let's take a step back here for a minute.  On the downside:  You have a bunch of shitty symptoms.  You don't have one diagnosis to explain all your symptoms.  You have a bunch of docs who are giving you the runaround.  These things all suck.

On the upside:  You are young.  You have time on your side, and young bodies can overcome things that old bodies can't.  You DO have a concrete diagnosis that could explain SOME of your symptoms.

It seems to me that you can choose to focus on the downside if you want and get fatalistic and give up.  Or, you can choose to focus on the upside, start treating based on the diagnosis that you DO have, and don't let some stupid docs push you around.

Even if it takes you years to sort everything out, you have a lot of time.  Imagine yourself at age 60 looking back and saying "well, I lost 3 or 4 years of sexual function in my 20s, but thank god I kept at it and got back to health by 25 and now I've had 35 years of great health and great sex."  You should mentally prepare yourself that you are not going to feel normal right away.  There isn't any sort of magic cure that's going to make you feel great in two weeks.  Accept that this is going to be a slow process, your focus should be on feeling a little bit better next month than you do this month, not on being 100% fixed next month.  If you string together enough months where you feel better than the previous month, then you'll get there in the end.

Personally I would go back to the neurologist and tell him "I finished with the endo, now treat me for my nerve problems or I will find a neurologist who will."  Don't let him push you around.  He knows more about health in general, but its YOUR health, and you know more about YOUR health than any doc does.

Fix the problem that is currently in front of you and then move on to the next one.  This is going to be a multistep process.  You should assume that you have more than one issue, and you will need to treat them in sequential order.  Like one member here Sam had problems with thyroid, adrenals, and also low T.  He first worked on thyroid and adrenals and had to try lots of things to get those working better, and only then could he treat low T with success.  You're going to probably need to do something similar.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:44:12 am by QQ »

QQ

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2018, 09:50:31 am »
Also, just as a quick note - you have really emphasized your starvation diet and intense working out.  I know you stopped that quite a while back, but did you increase your eating back to the levels before you went on a cut?  If you essentially told your body "we live in a famine", then your body may have altered all sorts of things in your metabolism, tanking thyroid and sex hormones and increasing cortisol and stress hormones.  If you never returned to normal eating patterns, then you essentially never told your body that the famine was over.  You may need to actually work at eating enough again, even if your hunger levels are telling you that you don't need to eat.

joeviv10

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2018, 03:16:48 pm »
Hi QQ,

Appreciate the post, it did lift my spirits a bit in this nightmare im going through! With regards to the symptoms of PFS.

Gynecomastia                        I do not have
Fatigue                                   Legs feel very tired, and im just uninterested in stuff because of my no libido/ed
Muscle atrophy, weakness                In the legs
Muscle twitching
Decreased oil and sebum production        I do not have to wash my hair anymore/ no oil on scalp
Chronically dry, thinning of skin                 Scalp feels very dry, as well as armpits.
Melasma (brownish macules and patches that typically affect sun-exposed areas on the face)          No
Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)                                   Have had this my whole life when I put my ear on pillow
increased fat deposition, obesity and elevated body mass index                             Yes centralized body fat
decrease in body temperature                                                                           
Reduced HDL cholesterol, raised fasting glucose and triglycerides                 High HDL, low fasting glucose

The only time I went to the doctor in my life was when I had something growing on my scalp. A very large zit, that did not go away and would bleed for 16 months. I was certain it was skin cancer, and was scared to see my doctor. He told me it was a cyst and it would go away on its own. I was immediately at ease. I have been told by doctors that im fine, its probably just in my head, but I keep going back to them, I keep getting new blood tests, now finally I have come across the DHT test and it certainly is low!

I have started eating like before, and have not noticed a difference. I feel like something is clogging me in my right "vas deferens" ...Penis has no sensitivity to it. Low sperm volume, I dont feel ejaculation anymore, I dribble piss, no morning/spontaenous erections for 2 years now. The doctors are basically throwing the Psychology/depression bs allthough I know 120% something is physically wrong otherwise I wouldn't have this discomfort in my pelvis on the right side only!

shattered dreams

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2018, 08:40:11 pm »
First off, you have other options than just clomid or TRT.  Those are certainly options for you, but they are not your only ones.  I get that shattered dreams is trying to help, but it would be helpful if he dialed down the pessimism and fatalism a little bit.

Sorry about that QQ.  I am also going through a similar crisis as Joe, and it brings out the worst in me.  You can see the desperation in both of our posts.  I will stay out of this thread from now on, and try to work on myself without throwing in the towel.

QQ

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2018, 12:29:52 am »
Sorry about that QQ.  I am also going through a similar crisis as Joe, and it brings out the worst in me.  You can see the desperation in both of our posts.  I will stay out of this thread from now on, and try to work on myself without throwing in the towel.

Yeah man, I definitely can see the desperation.  You should look up positive self-talk - I think it could really help you.  When you say things like "I know I will never be able to have sex again," you are not helping yourself.  Plus that statement is objectively NOT TRUE.  You cannot predict the future, and you are not a psychic, so you really don't know.

It's been five months for you.  That may seem like forever, but in actuality it's about .005 of your life.  Shit may be bad right now and it may seem really dark, but the human body is really impressive at recovering given enough time and a little help here and there.  Right now the easiest thing, and the most impactful thing you can work on is your outlook on your situation.  Optimism and resilience are learned skills you can practice and get better at.

QQ

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2018, 12:59:46 am »
Appreciate the post, it did lift my spirits a bit in this nightmare im going through!

Happy to help!  :-D

I have come across the DHT test and it certainly is low!

Curiously, PFS guys often have normal levels of DHT and yet still have symptoms.

Yes, your symptoms have overlap with PFS, but its not a perfect match.  The biggest reasons I'm suggesting you drop the PFS track for now are:

1) You have no history of taking 5aR inhibitors (propecia, finasteride, etc).  That is the one thing all these guys who have PFS have in common - they took or were exposed to something that inhibits 5aR.  You may have a lot of the same symptoms as them, but those same symptoms are also seen in many other disorders (ie, low T combined with thyroid/adrenal issues, or many other things) that don't require taking a 5aR to get.  Occams razor says you probably don't have PFS since you are missing the only element that all the guys who get PFS have in common.

2) nobody seems to know what PFS really is or even an inkling on how to treat it.  If you go to the propecia recovery forums and read a bit, you'll see that there are guys there who took a 5aR inhibitor for a few months, crashed, stopped the 5aR inhibitor, and now 5+ years later they have fantastic, near perfect lab results across the board, yet still have bad symptoms.  There literally is no known treatment for PFS at this time.

So, you can choose to focus on the similarities you have with PFS guys and decide that you are as hopeless as they are, OR you can choose to focus on the differences you have from PFS and decide that you want to be hopeful and try to exhaust all other avenues of treatment before succumbing to PFS fatalism.

Basically what I'm saying is that there is zero utility in believing you have PFS, so you should stop believing that and start believing something that will have higher utility.

I have started eating like before, and have not noticed a difference. I feel like something is clogging me in my right "vas deferens" ...Penis has no sensitivity to it. Low sperm volume, I dont feel ejaculation anymore, I dribble piss, no morning/spontaenous erections for 2 years now. The doctors are basically throwing the Psychology/depression bs allthough I know 120% something is physically wrong otherwise I wouldn't have this discomfort in my pelvis on the right side only!

Ok, this sounds to me like you have something physically wrong with your nuts.  I don't know that much about varicocele, but this sounds an awful lot like that.  PeakT had varicocele and he wrote up some articles on his experience with it that you can get to from the homepage, or there are a bunch of guys on here who have posted about it as well.  Reduced bloodflow due to a bad varicocele could explain a boatload of your symptoms (maybe all of them?), and would explain a bunch of your lab results.

joeviv10

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2018, 01:40:46 pm »
odd enough, I only have this discomfort on my right side. Right testicle, right epidiymitis/ right vas deferens.... Ultrasound came back clear. :|

QQ

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2018, 11:23:50 pm »
Well maybe its not a varicocele?  I have no experience with varicocele, so not sure if you can have one but have it not show up on ultrasound.  Even if its not varicocele, it still sounds to me like a physical problem with a testicle, or straight testicle damage.  Some of the other guys on here who have experience with testicle trauma/varicocele or other ways you can end up with testicle damage would probably have more to say on that front than I do, as its not something I've personally had to deal with (thank goodness).

PFS guys and low thyroid guys and adrenal fatigue guys don't usually have testicle symptoms like you have.  I would keep on this path of investigation until you are sure its not caused by some sort of physical condition/damage to your right testicle.

joeviv10

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2018, 11:27:16 am »
I've visited 2 urologists (ultrasound of testicles etc) all clear. just need to do a urodynamics test. uroflow test was fine.
Neurologist did leg emg shows I have damage in feet as well as spine mri L1-l2 minor herniation, spina bifida l5-s1. Neurosurgeon said to first finish with endo because it seems hormone related. Endo says hormones are low for my age come back with new bloods in a month and I should get TRT. I come back in a month and he tells me my hormones are fine, and I should see a sex therapist. I decide to do more research...I get DHT checked its low at 220 (300-850) I show my doctor and he tells me to go to my endo and get an MRI of the brain...

joeviv10

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2018, 11:11:04 am »
anyone have an idea why I have no body odor, no libido, leaking urine, low semen volume, I dont feel orgasm, tight scrotum, numb genitals, tired dry eyes!?

joeviv10

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2018, 08:53:15 am »
New results are in:

Total T 460
Free T 2.6% (1.5-2.9)
SHBG 19 (18-54)
DHEA-S 12.5 (4.3-12.2) **********
Insulin 10.8 (2.6-24.9)
Fasting Glucose 4.7 (<7,0)

Peak Testosterone Forum