Quantcast

Author Topic: TRT and Keratosis Pilaris  (Read 2919 times)

Rian

• View Profile
TRT and Keratosis Pilaris
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:46:20 pm »
Hello everyone,
Had anyone expierenced this before?  I've done alot of researching and there is not a whole lot on these two.
I have been on TRT for 10 months, started off great but once I hit about the 6 month mark I started to have what I thought was acne, I did the usual protocols, showering twice daily I tried benzoyl peroxide, SA wash, SA cream and Niazol shampoo as a body wash I changed my diet, I started taking certain vitamin supplements, made sure to drink lots of water each day yet it just got worse and worse.  I went to 3 different dermatologist and was told it's Keratosis Pilaris and there is no cure and need to come off of TRT if I want it to go away.  TRT has been amazing for me I have lost 90 pounds I'm working out mentally I feel better but my KP is continually worsening its completely covered most my body and it's not just red dots I'm talking bumps, red bumps some look like pimples as well and I at times get a stinging sensation.  Recently I went to see another Dermatologist (trying everything here lol) and he said he would put me on isotretinoin but sense it is hormonal that I could be on it indefinitely, because of fear I told him to wait on that so he has put me on trentintoin gel that I put everywhere....anyone have any ideas as to what's causing this? I know it's genetic however I never had it this bad when I was younger, also I'm up for any ideas on how to treat this.

Rian

• View Profile
Re: TRT and Keratosis Pilaris
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 07:51:22 pm »
I should add I'm on .50 of testosterone cypionate 2x weekly.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 07:51:22 pm »

DanMac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 10:07:19 pm »
Well Rian Brother, sorry too hear about your situation brother,  usually the best cure for skin problems is some Good Ole SANDPAPER!  Just kidding ;) 

but really i would try find a skin product that reduce the condition, as i would never come off T.R.T ever in a million years just to alleviate some skin condition. 

Mental Health, Strength & Vitality are way more important than Skin.  Without T.R.T it makes you into a Old crippled male.

no Joke it will age you before you know it having Low testosterone i been at my Worst times when i had LOW T and i wouldn't get off T.R.T now ever. That skin thing wouldn't put me off, if anything else happen with you besides the skin. that's worse problem from T.R.T then you could reconsider it brother.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:10:46 pm by DanMac »
Current proto 85-90MG E5D of Sustanon in SubQ administration. 27G needle / 1ml syringe.

35 y/o and Father of 1 son.

5' 9 tall. current weight 155 pounds lean on hips, Heaviest peak weight 185 Pounds.

Rian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »
Well Rian Brother, sorry too hear about your situation brother,  usually the best cure for skin problems is some Good Ole SANDPAPER!  Just kidding ;) 

but really i would try find a skin product that reduce the condition, as i would never come off T.R.T ever in a million years just to alleviate some skin condition. 

Mental Health, Strength & Vitality are way more important than Skin.  Without T.R.T it makes you into a Old crippled male.

no Joke it will age you before you know it having Low testosterone i been at my Worst times when i had LOW T and i wouldn't get off T.R.T now ever. That skin thing wouldn't put me off, if anything else happen with you besides the skin. that's worse problem from T.R.T then you could reconsider it brother.
Ya very true man, it's not worth it you can't put a price on mental health which I feel great!  I'm gonna try some different treatments and go from there if I have to go back to the drawing board than that's what I'll have to do.  Thanks for the reply!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »

Mindscape

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 04:10:10 pm »

What is the strength of the testosterone, .5 could be 50mg or 100mg. Where does your SHBG sit?

Rian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 10:46:48 pm »

What is the strength of the testosterone, .5 could be 50mg or 100mg. Where does your SHBG sit?
100 mg total a week, so .50mg twice a week i'm getting blood work done this week I'll post my results once I get them.

mrmagoo2010

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 11:06:36 pm »
laser treatment?
salicyclic acid?

try them?

Flyingfool

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 02:51:58 am »
Have you tried getting out in the sunshine. I thought I read that ultraviolet light from the sun can help. Or maybe even one of those UV lighs for SADs will work in the winter months.

Maybe worth a try.
54 year old, 5-7 and 174 lbs.
exercise: nine really. Cancer & surgery & covid restriction closed swimming
Pool :(

Blood tested 2/9/21

Total = 614  ng/dL (250-827) up from 520
Free T= 13.68 (5.6- 21.0) measured
Free T TruT calc 19.9

SHBG= 31.9 (11.2-78.1)

Bio-avail= 321 (110-575)

Estradiol = <10 (11-44) male range
Estrone not measured

DHES = not measured
DHEA = not measured

Currently on 50mcg Synthroid (T4)
TSH = 0.937
Free T4 = 1.03 (0.78 - 2.19)= 17.7% of range
Free T3 = 3.73(2.77-5.27) = 38.4%  of range

Current protocol: 100mg DIM once per day. 

NOT on TRT.

Rian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 05:44:18 am »
laser treatment?
salicyclic acid?
I've tried salicyclic acid, the body wash and cream, I did not have very good results, I have not tried the laser treatment, that may be the next step.

try them?

Rian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 05:56:07 am »
Have you tried getting out in the sunshine. I thought I read that ultraviolet light from the sun can help. Or maybe even one of those UV lighs for SADs will work in the winter months.

Maybe worth a try.
to be honest yeah the sun did help the appearance , not so much as getting rid of anything but by darkening my skin to cover the KP.
It's wierd I have done tons of Google searching and there really isn't that much on KP related to TRT, so either Im just the lucky one or this was inevitable regardless of TRT.
I find it hard to think the two don't play off each other though.
Taking accutane is attractive because it could help quite a bit however what's the end game is what I keep asking myself, if it is hormone related than accutane being a cure seems slim.  The Dermatologist I spoke to told me he would blast my system with a high dose, than put me on a low dose indefinitely, being on low dose accutane forever seems like it could cause more harm than good, not to mention the many forums of people who have been on accutane end up getting KP because of it.  I'm not a doc so I could be wrong on alot of this.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 05:56:07 am »