Quantcast

Author Topic: Very high T and SHBG  (Read 5117 times)

Sean Mosher

• View Profile
Re: Very high T and SHBG
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 06:36:15 pm »
Thyroid definitely seems to be a big red flag looking at your labs.
And i doubt 1//4grain of NDT is going to do much unfortunately, especially if you're having trouble converting T4 to T3 which it looks like you are.
Interesting that your Total T dropped that much.
Anything else change besides removing the Zoloft?

Patient Liaison
http://www.PrimeBody.com (CODE: PEAKTVIP for 10% Discount)
[Site Sponsor]

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

RyanW

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 06:48:47 pm »
My diet changed but that's all I can think of.  I should have mentioned I'm seeing a functional medicine NP now, not scheduled to go back for 10 weeks.  After how many weeks should I request a higher dose?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 06:48:47 pm »

QQ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 08:08:18 pm »
Another potentially helpful thing you can do is start tracking your body temperature.  A $5 digital oral thermometer from the drug/grocery store is all you need, and a spreadsheet.  On its own your body temp may or may not reveal anything, but many people on thyroid boards use it as another way to help see if they are responding well to thyroid meds or not, and it's super cheap and easy to track yourself.  Plus you don't have to wait to get bloodwork done to see whats happening.  You will be able to track in real time.

The general idea is to take your temp as soon as you wake up while you are still lying in bed, then after breakfast, again in the afternoon, and in the evening.  Temps below about 98.0 on waking indicate hypothyroid, and the afternoon temp should be 98.6 or up to low 99s, and then a little bit lower in the evening.  Consistently low temps are hypothyroid, whereas temps all over the place up and down might indicate adrenals/cortisol issues.

RyanW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 10:04:24 pm »
I'll try that for sure

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 10:04:24 pm »

DanMac

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 10:29:07 pm »
I have an update if anyone is interested.

My T has come down to 1300, the only thing we can attribute it to is going off zoloft.

My Thyroid came back at 7.5 from her hormone specialized lab.  She put me on 15mg of thyroid NP, but it's been 10 days and I can't tell a damn difference.

Before you took the Sertraline Drug Ryan, did you have Frequent Morning Woods? and Active Sex Life, i can imagine if your naturally above 1,000 Test lvls.  Did you have the above before touching the SS reuptake inhibitor drug?  just wondering Dude. 
Current proto 85-90MG E5D of Sustanon in SubQ administration. 27G needle / 1ml syringe.

35 y/o and Father of 1 son.

5' 9 tall. current weight 155 pounds lean on hips, Heaviest peak weight 185 Pounds.

Flyingfool

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 05:57:38 pm »
The NP being a natural sessicated thyroid medication with your low freeT3 makes sense.  Any starting does is virtually assured of not being the optimum dose and you can expect to modify dosage over time given BOTH lab AND symptom response.

1/4 grain (15 mg) is a cery small starter dose. But low and slow is usually the right approach. So I wont fault a Dr for starting you low. My opinion maybe overly low but still a conservative and “safe” approach.

Retesting and adjusting dose should be no sooner than 4 weeks but lreferably about 6 weeks as it takes 6 weeks for the T4 portion of rhe NDT to stabilize in the blood. No need to wait longer than 8 weeks for sure.

Upon re-test, do. Ot be surprised whwn taking medication with T3 in it to supress TSH. And once on medication TSH is virtually irrelevant. Only the Free T4 and free T3 along with symptoms rally Matter.  If the Dr tries to ise only TSH to adjust dosage it is a recipie for disaster and a roller coaster ride of hell for most patients.

The rule of thumb for most people to feel well from blood lab standpoint they need to achieve BOTH of the following:

1) free T4 to be 50% of the range or a bit higher

AND

2) Free T3 to be at least 50% and many people need to be up towards 67% of the range.

Everyone is different and is why symptoms matter and blood labs are supportive. Blood labs also give a sense of sensitivity to a dose change to help fine tune the magnitude of each change.
54 year old, 5’-7” and 174 lbs.
exercise: nine really. Cancer & surgery & covid restriction closed swimming
Pool :(

Blood tested 2/9/21

Total = 614  ng/dL (250-827) up from 520
Free T= 13.68 (5.6- 21.0) measured
Free T TruT calc 19.9

SHBG= 31.9 (11.2-78.1)

Bio-avail= 321 (110-575)

Estradiol = <10 (11-44) male range
Estrone not measured

DHES = not measured
DHEA = not measured

Currently on 50mcg Synthroid (T4)
TSH = 0.937
Free T4 = 1.03 (0.78 - 2.19)= 17.7% of range
Free T3 = 3.73(2.77-5.27) = 38.4%  of range

Current protocol: 100mg DIM once per day. 

NOT on TRT.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 05:57:38 pm »