Quantcast

Author Topic: Nasty Testosterone Undecanoate Sides  (Read 3909 times)

Quincy

• View Profile
Nasty Testosterone Undecanoate Sides
« on: April 18, 2013, 07:31:28 am »
I tried out of curiosity to alter the half-life values to see what results.  Perhaps you tried this as well.  It demonstrates nicely what the effect of half-life has in the buildup process.  For example, if I use my numbers of 150mg/week with a half-life of 7 days, I saturate at 300mg in about 4 to 5 weeks of injections.  However, if hypothetically you get get T in an ester that has a 21 day half-life, at my same dosage of 150mg I would saturate at 726 but it would take me about 25 weeks to get there.  Of course this is an extreme example just to demonstrate how longer half-life delivery has it's advantages.  The only disadvantage would be a longer time required to build up to saturation.

Ken,
This is a little off topic but the FDA is reviewing the long lasting ester Reandron... or Aveed here in the US today. Hopefully they will approve it. Although they have rejected it in 2008 and 2009.

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/6267/20130416/fda-cautions-against-safety-endos-testosterone-injection-risks-aveoutweigh-benefits.htm

I'm not sure exactly what the half life is but I think somewhere around 21 days. It would be a bonus to just inject every 3-4 weeks instead of weekly. Not a huge deal, but an improvement. Certainly would beat doing expensive and invasive pellets.

One way around the longer time to build up to saturation would be to alter the dosage amounts in the ramping up phase. of course you would want to do it in a fashion that didn't cause huge spikes after the injection. If you did have an accurate prediction model, you could figure out an optimal approach.

I know this formula still has a lot of flaws in it with a lot of other variables missing. Hopefully as I collect data over time, I will custom tweak the model so it fits me better. For example, I was using 180mg/wk for 3 months, measured my T after 7 days and it came back at 1056 (low point). Reduced dosage to 100mg/wk for 1 shot, measured my T after 4 days (had BW only because I was doing an annual checkup with my Primary) and it was over 1300. I plan on getting another BW test in 4-5 weeks after continuing the new 100mg/wk protocol after 7 days and see where I'm at.

I wish I could find some good actual data from a study but have had no luck so far. I'm sure it is out there somewhere.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:03:03 pm by Quincy »
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

Sam

• View Profile
Re: Nasty Testosterone Undecanoate Sides
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:21:08 am »

Ken,
This is a little off topic but the FDA is reviewing the long lasting ester Reardon... or Aveed here in the US today. Hopefully they will approve it. Although they have rejected it in 2008 and 2009.

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/6267/20130416/fda-cautions-against-safety-endos-testosterone-injection-risks-aveoutweigh-benefits.htm

Interesting side effects   "The most commonly reported adverse effects were acne, fatigue, cough, injection site pain, insomnia and sinusitis, among others."

So this is basically testosterone undecanoate, which is approved in the UK right?  I wonder if these are typicall side effects for other testosterone forms and also what the typical cause of death has been if any documented cases related to the administration of Testosterone.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 08:21:08 am »

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:40:02 am »
Yep, this is undecanoate, which seems to be popular in Europe. From what I've read, some of these sides, if not all, are caused by the much larger dosages (4CC is common). if that is the case, I don't know why they don't simply put a max limit on each injection. You would just inject more often, which is probably better anyway imo.

I know a while back they were considering setting a US limit of 3CCs I believe.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 10:19:00 am »
Yep, this is undecanoate, which seems to be popular in Europe. From what I've read, some of these sides, if not all, are caused by the much larger dosages (4CC is common). if that is the case, I don't know why they don't simply put a max limit on each injection. You would just inject more often, which is probably better anyway imo.

I know a while back they were considering setting a US limit of 3CCs I believe.

Okay, now this makes sense.  Undecanoate has been around for a long time and, as far as I know, is not associated with weird reactions.

Btw, Nebido is what is here in the U.S. now.

Let me know if you find anything more about this.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 10:19:00 am »