Quantcast

Author Topic: random question  (Read 164096 times)

Cronos

• View Profile
Re: random question
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012, 10:32:54 am »
I'm not sure on Peak T's link so maybe he'll put it up. But I believe you're talking about HCA's (heterocyclic amines) the stuff that accumulates on meat when we cook it at high heats and/or for long periods of time. These things can cause DNA damage and cause damage to the prostate.

“ALL I’M TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY.” -Nathan Pritikin

Current protocol:

Supps:1500 mg vitamin c
4000 iu vitamin d
1000 mcg b-12
25mg zinc
Fish oil
4 TBS flax seed
1 TBS vinegar

Ornish lifestyle (very low fat diet, 1 hr exercise, 15 min meditation

Age 24
Used to be 165 now 150
Glucose 80 mg/dl
Creatinine 0.93 mg/dl
Cholesterol 128 mg/dl
HDL cholesterol 49 mg/dl
Triglycerides 42 mg/dl
LDL cholesterol 71
Vitamin D 106 ng/ml

Testosterone 641 ng/dl

Free testosterone 12.1 pg/ml range 9-26 former level converted 8.5 ng/dl
TSH 1.5

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 10:40:22 am »
Here you go guys:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/PSA_2010.aspx

See section on HCA's (heterocylic amines).
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 10:40:22 am »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 11:18:47 am »
thanks guys!
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 11:42:56 am »
I put water into my car,,, it's liquid and water is cheap
I had gas in there, but the car broke down....so I guess some stuff I can put in my gas tank I shouldnt cause it wont work....

Im sure the same idea is for food

so what should I eat?
eggwhites
broccoli and tomatoes
apples
grapes
all fruit?
all veggies?

so about about steak?  what cut would have the lowest HCA's?
what about sherbet? Or low fat ice  cream?
I can eat like Dr ornish says to eat 85% of the time, or more than that, one meal on saturdays to indulge my cravings.  so through the week my diet is eggwhites and fruit and veggies and coffee
no apartme, so no soda, no quality gum......damn this bites 
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 11:42:56 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012, 01:18:38 pm »
You can always try the Mediterranean Diet?
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:48 pm »
Mediterranean Diet?  maybe after I lose most of this fat Im carrying,
I'm going to be on dr ornish diet til I get to 20% fat
Im not clear why he doesnt allow more protein?
20% of my calories isnt a lot.... but  I need to clean out those pipes, heart dz runs in my family,  on both side ;D

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 06:10:33 pm »
Gotcha.  Well, I think you'll find that you feel so good that you'll be glad to do it.  I'm not much of chef, but there are many sites out there with good Low Fat recipes if you're int'd.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 03:16:42 pm »
I am drinking half to one whole jug of diet cranberry juice made with splenda,
thats not a problem, right?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2012, 08:20:40 pm »
You probably don't want too much fructose.  A young guy keeping it below about 40 grams is probably okay.  But some experts say 25 grams max.  Of course, cranberry is not very sweet, so you'll have to check that out. 

Even so, remember that juices are very powerful.  I'm not saying it's bad for you, but I think it's always better to eat a well-rounded, whole foods diet trying to not overemphasize any one food (or drink). 

For example, did you know that cranberry is an iron chelator?

BioFactors, Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 121–130, March/April 2011, "Iron chelation by cranberry juice and its impact on Escherichia coli growth"

It is so powerful that in the above study, it actually inhibits E. Coli growth.  So a lot of cranberry juice can have actual clinical effects and I am not sure we really understand all of them.  And keep in mind that our ancestors at fruit, not the juice squeezed out of a pile of them.

I have no doubt juice is good for you, and, as you know, recommend a few in my book.  But I also point out not to "go crazy."

Also, you can read here about how Tim Ferris is anti-juice and why:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Anti-Juice.aspx

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:31:26 pm by PeakT »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2012, 03:30:37 am »
40 calories a bottle?
how much fructose is that?

so I want to avoid bad things, so no BPA in plastic bottles, no fluoride in drinking water, what do I drink?

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2012, 03:47:14 am »
For example, did you know that cranberry is an iron chelator

I did not know that but dont Eades say low iron increases life span?
Protein Power" by Michael R. Eades, M.D., and Mary D. Eades, M.D

"Anthropologists have known for decades that the health of humanity took a turn for the worse when our ancestors abandoned their hunter-gatherer means of subsistence in favor of the farm somewhere between eight-thousand and ten-thousand years ago. The fossil record leaves little doubt that compared to their farming successors, the hunters were more robust, had greater bone density, decreased infant mortality, a longer life span, a lower incidence of infectious diseases and------- iron-deficiency anemia, ==========fewer enamel defects, and little or no tooth decay.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 05:49:02 am »
40 calories a bottle?

so I want to avoid bad things, so no BPA in plastic bottles, no fluoride in drinking water, what do I drink?

Lol.  Well, remember that I consider my primary role a "reporter" of sorts.  So sometimes I just report what's out there and it's not always good.  Right now humanity is going through a transitional phase where we are experimenting, learning and, more often than not, poisoning ourselves and our children.  It's all part of learning the hard way and, unfortunately, you and I are the guinea pigs.

Did you read that they just found that Round Up is very toxic to the cells in the mouth and throat?  It will probably be banned soon, but I've sprayed that stuff all over the place.  I could go on and on with examples and we just have to do our best for now.

I do have one word of hope:  with a proper lifestyle the body can weather things quite well if we take the Okinawans as an example.  They lived in a very modern, industrial area and yet were one of most health, long-lived peoples on earth.

Well, ideally, you'd drink filtered water.  And keep drinking the cranberry.  I was just saying you might want to not drink too much...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 05:53:34 am »
For example, did you know that cranberry is an iron chelator

I did not know that but dont Eades say low iron increases life span?
Protein Power" by Michael R. Eades, M.D., and Mary D. Eades, M.D

"Anthropologists have known for decades that the health of humanity took a turn for the worse when our ancestors abandoned their hunter-gatherer means of subsistence in favor of the farm somewhere between eight-thousand and ten-thousand years ago. The fossil record leaves little doubt that compared to their farming successors, the hunters were more robust, had greater bone density, decreased infant mortality, a longer life span, a lower incidence of infectious diseases and------- iron-deficiency anemia, ==========fewer enamel defects, and little or no tooth decay.

Mary Eades, eh?  Well, I'm not too big on the hunter-gatherer theory.  There's a whole 'nuther thread about that and I've discussed it a fair amount on the site.  Just use the Search button on the top of my site and look up things like "Atkins", "Paleo", "Mediterranean", "Low Fat" and "Low Carb" and you'll get a lot of basic info if you are interested.

But I'm not trying to force my views on anyone.  Try different diets, do your research and figure out what works best for you.

Here's the thread if you're interested:

http://peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=106.0
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:55:56 am by PeakT »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 09:53:53 am »
40 calories a bottle?

Well, ideally, you'd drink filtered water.  And keep drinking the cranberry.  I was just saying you might want to not drink too much...
that's what I'm  really asking about
a jug has 40 calories total
isnt that just 10 grams of fuctose?
and you say the limit should be about 50 grams?
so drinking a whole jug, plus 2 apples a day is below 50, way below?
at any rate, I'll stick to less diet cranberry juice, as I do drink 8oz of pomegranate

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 10:25:56 am »

I was thinking, what kind of filter should I use?
I'd buy distilled water, no fluoride, then put it through the filter........sound good?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 10:25:56 am »