Quantcast

Author Topic: random question  (Read 216766 times)

Blade78

• View Profile
Re: random question
« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2012, 08:01:37 pm »
I want a vegan cookbook
one that has the ingredients, how to combine them(cook them) and how many calories are in the dish I make

any suggestions?
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2012, 08:38:43 pm »
organic vs non-organic?
Im not clear on what difference it makes to go organic; is there any science the says people who go organic live longer?
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2012, 08:38:43 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2012, 04:21:23 pm »
I want a vegan cookbook
one that has the ingredients, how to combine them(cook them) and how many calories are in the dish I make

any suggestions?

Veggieboards will likely give you a ton of ideas if you post there.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2012, 08:03:00 pm »
I want a vegan cookbook

any suggestions?

Veggieboards will likely give you a ton of ideas if you post there.
I found a lot of recipies via online vegan sites, I just need someone to make them

what about BPA in straws?  I like coffee, drinking it straight will stain your teeth,, so use a straw but straws are plastic and have BPA  get a glass straw?
https://simplystraws.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2012, 08:03:00 pm »

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2012, 12:51:53 pm »
organic vs non-organic?
Im not clear on what difference it makes to go organic; is there any science the says people who go organic live longer?

organic - grown naturally, without pesticides, growth hormones, etc.

Pesticides = known endocrine/hormone disruptors.

That alone is worth it to go organic, if you can afford it. that's the sad part - to eat how nature intended costs more, frequently out of the realm for many people.

I eat almost 100% organic.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2012, 03:20:08 pm »
organic vs non-organic?

organic - grown naturally, without pesticides, growth hormones, etc.

Pesticides = known endocrine/hormone disruptors.

That alone is worth it to go organic, if you can afford it. that's the sad part - to eat how nature intended costs more, frequently out of the realm for many people.

I eat almost 100% organic.
my friend asked for science to back up that claim of why its worth to go organic
have any? 

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2012, 09:20:24 pm »
i guess my point would only be that i don't really need science to tell me that modern pesticides are bad for you/potential hormone disruptors. That seems to be sort of given.

Not sure what studies say, i go on more of a feel, and i'd rather have something grown/reared on smaller local farms, in a sustainable way, and not with mass produced insecticides/pesticide chemicals.

You know - before the Monsanto's of the world took over so much of our food supply -  the mass multinational agri-corporation that exploits all the small farms, goes nuts with bovine growth hormone, goes nuts with pesticides, etc etc.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2012, 10:56:38 pm »
i guess my point would only be that i don't really need science to tell me that modern pesticides are bad for you/potential hormone disruptors. That seems to be sort of given.

Not sure what studies say, i go on more of a feel, and i'd rather have something grown/reared on smaller local farms, in a sustainable way, and not with mass produced insecticides/pesticide chemicals.

You know - before the Monsanto's of the world took over so much of our food supply -  the mass multinational agri-corporation that exploits all the small farms, goes nuts with bovine growth hormone, goes nuts with pesticides, etc etc.
Im  not saying you were wrong, I just wanted evidence to share with others, which is better than saying, 'its a feeling I have"
drugs are why my mom is still alive and why I'm still alive; so grouping them all together isnt best as you are making a lot of  assumptions

but blame the people for buying the  poisonous food, no one does the right thing cause it feels good.
which is why they stilll sell cigarettes, etc

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2012, 02:34:25 am »
gotcha, ok...Looks like Peak has some studies there.

didn't really get this:

"drugs are why my mom is still alive and why I'm still alive; so grouping them all together isnt best as you are making a lot of  assumptions."

Who said anything about drugs? i was talking about pesticides! and animal growth hormones...

of course drugs can be/are often good, keep people alive, healthy, etc.

Blade78

• View Profile

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2012, 01:21:07 pm »
Ibut blame the people for buying the  poisonous food, no one does the right thing cause it feels good.
Well, I agree to a point, but it's more complicated than that:  pesticides and genetic engineering have the noble goals of increasing yields and protecting crops. Of course, what good does it do to have plate full of food that will hammer your hormones, attack your brain cells and tripwire your autoimmune system.  That's FrankenLogic!

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2012, 01:59:06 pm »
Ibut blame the people for buying the  poisonous food, no one does the right thing cause it feels good.
Well, I agree to a point, but it's more complicated than that:  pesticides and genetic engineering have the noble goals of increasing yields and protecting crops. Of course, what good does it do to have plate full of food that will hammer your hormones, attack your brain cells and tripwire your autoimmune system.  That's FrankenLogic!
I dont know what FrankenLogic is

you are saying, what exactly?  that corporations shouldnt make a profit as high as they can? they do this  by doing what it takes to increasing yields and protecting crops, which does feed the typical family, which is in debt and overweight

whats so complicated? look at big tabacco,  they sell a product that destroys health and 2nd and 3rd degree healths, yet people keep buying it. Sure nicotine is adrug, but we all  agreed so is food

so when I make threads trying to figure out what i can eat, it's not beause I am too lazy to go to a list of what I need to avoid, (remember I'm making that list)https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=263.msg2360#msg2360
its because I am know the rules of the game, that no one is looking out for me, but me, and I am trying to learn what to avoid so I dont propagate this horrid/poisonous food that has a long term affect of destroying the health I am working to get back

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2012, 02:27:34 pm »

you are saying, what exactly?  that corporations shouldnt make a profit as high as they can?

I wasn't really trying to get political.  I just want to inform men so hopefully they can avoid some of the pitfalls - and that's a great word for it - of modern life.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2012, 02:40:58 pm »

you are saying, what exactly?  that corporations shouldnt make a profit as high as they can?

I wasn't really trying to get political.  I just want to inform men so hopefully they can avoid some of the pitfalls - and that's a great word for it - of modern life.
I dont mean to sound so obtuse, what political?  I was trying to understand a word you used to comment on a what's going on.

I am trying to avoid bad things in foods etc and seem to get non-answers all the time.  like this above
who is talking about politics?
you didnt at all address anything I wrote, but went off on a tangent about some abstract thoughts about the world(not to be political  or religious?)
is this my fault? am I asking non-direct questions that dont have specific answers?
I feel Im very concrete,l I know why people do things, Im learning the rules and Im just looking for concrete ways to protect my health

you might find these articles about allowing people to do things interesting
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/because-we-let-them-part-1.html

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2012, 02:40:58 pm »