Quantcast

Author Topic: random question  (Read 216742 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: random question
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2012, 05:57:11 am »

he sells a cure for the brain

Peak, what do you think of his cure?
http://www.newportnutritionals.com/whats_in.html

He's "The Man" when it comes to excitotoxins, so whatever he does is okay with me.  No, seriously, if I could just send him cash I would - I feel very indebted to him and all his research. 

Anyway, what's interesting about his products is that they really folllow much of the research on the brain (as you would expect).  For example, Vitamin E has done poorly in many non-brain studies but has done well in brain studies.  The B vitamins have done well in the brain studies and, as you go down that list, he has just put everything all together.

The only thing that makes me a little nervous about it all is the megadosing of the B vitamins, especially folic acid.  Some believe that is a cancer risk factor - the supplement form at least.

Is it worth the money?  Can't tell you that of course...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2012, 05:58:30 am »
I was thinking about getting a Coway P-07QL to remove the fluoride  out of my house water, but it can only remove 96% of fluoride , do you think that's still worth doing?
I assume so, but I wanted 99-100%!

I haven't had time to research this as I'd like, so, if you have time, do a little research and start a thread and let us know your recs.  I, for one, would be interested.  Tap water is nasty stuff!
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2012, 05:58:30 am »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2012, 06:23:55 am »
I was thinking about getting a Coway P-07QL to remove the fluoride  out of my house water, but it can only remove 96% of fluoride , do you think that's still worth doing?
I assume so, but I wanted 99-100%!

I haven't had time to research this as I'd like, so, if you have time, do a little research and start a thread and let us know your recs.  I, for one, would be interested.  Tap water is nasty stuff!
I recommend figuring what the heck gets rid of fluoride and you can buy distilled water and it  has all the flouride out of it, 
http://www.durastill.com/myths.html

or you have to buy a REVERSE-OSMOSIS system, which when I look on consumer reports ratings, I see can cost from $1800 to $150

the best is the Kinetico K5 Drinking Water Station(score of 99)
Consumer reports said the best buy is the
Whirlpool Gold WHER25 (Lowe's) for $150, they gave it a score of 80

They recommend
Kenmore Elite 38556 at $300, score of 82
that's what I plan to get...I will find out more details as I get this done

I have been learning most foods will kill me. I am slowly poisoing myself.   now, with the water factor, I dont know where I'd ever go out to eat,..if I did, what would I drink? water? no..soda, no too much sugar, diet soda,, no too many excitotoxins, looks like I need a good job to make enough scratch to live at a vegan store.....Least I doubt anyone there would smoke
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2012, 02:35:56 pm »
I appreciate the advice on the water filtration.  Our tap water smells like chlorine when you get within a foot of it - just nasty.  (Assoc w/ GI cancers)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2012, 02:35:56 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2012, 02:39:47 pm »

I have been learning most foods will kill me. I am slowly poisoing myself. 

Actually you don't know how much truth there is in this.  No matter how careful you eat you increase your oxidative load in certain areas, increase glycation and slowly age yourself.  The book that I always tout by John Robbins on the four healthiest supercultures actually has something in the fine print:  these cultures all eat relatively low calories and this in undoubtedly one of the secrets to their success.

Next thing you'll be doing CR (caloric restriction).  I tried it for awhile about 15 years ago and just could not stand the way I looked.  I'm a Skinny Bastard and this turned me into a Skeletal Bastard...

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2012, 10:06:31 pm »

I have been learning most foods will kill me. I am slowly poisoing myself. 

Actually you don't know how much truth there is in this.  No matter how careful you eat you increase your oxidative load in certain areas, increase glycation and slowly age yourself.  The book that I always tout by John Robbins on the four healthiest supercultures actually has something in the fine print:  these cultures all eat relatively low calories and this in undoubtedly one of the secrets to their success.

Next thing you'll be doing CR (caloric restriction).  I tried it for awhile about 15 years ago and just could not stand the way I looked.  I'm a Skinny Bastard and this turned me into a Skeletal Bastard...
CR is what I've been doing to lose the 60lbs, in 10 weeks,  about...
I did take 2,4, dinitrophenol, which is AMES test negative, its a mitochrondrial uncoupler and makes ETC much more ineffiecent, so I dont how how healthy that was for me, but Im done now and I know the lost weight has helped me immensly
I wont end up a skinny bastard, but I will maintain a low calorie diet, cept 1x or so a week.... because I love food, but now Im stick to not going out for food.....really, where the hell would I go to get food?  and filtered water water?
no where
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2012, 01:33:39 am »
In the weight loss challenge I'm doing, and have periodically mentioned the Sponsor is a dumbass who sells Herbalife Products
My closests opponent, unless she considerable exceeds her average weekly loss by more than double over the past 9 weeks has now lost, I just need to weigh in on monday.
the Herbalife contest will close

I like to know things and I sorta out what is useful later, so I wrote Jerry a nice email. I realize moreso now, Jerry is indeed a dumbass:
unless Im just wrong, which I'm not..

.watchntv.. <watchntv@gmail.com>    Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM
To: Jerry .com>
Jerry
I dont know what you think about my participation in the class, but I've actually taken class material to heart, as my health history of myself and family isnt perfect or close to it.
I'm trying to learn more and I think Im going to continue my health education about food, the legal drug, with the book, 'Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills' by Russell L. Blaylock

I was wondering if you would share with me any suggestions you have about other reading material or websites to further educate me on what my body needs vs what is thought my body needs.
Thanks
-Travers

Hi Travers!

I am glad that you are making your health your focus.  After all, what do we have if we don't have our health?

I haven't heard of that book but there is an amazing amount of material online that I like to read.  I have access to quite a bit of material on our Distributor portal (i.e. Herbalife gives us access to a lot of nutrition information, so I don't buy a lot of books per se).

Let me know if you get anything cool from that book - always looking to
absorb.

by not reading current info and info not given to him by his Commmie corporation, he missed out and will remain a skinny fat dumbass
the book
Excitotoxins – The Taste That Kills
Russell Blaycock, MD

http://insuranceandwellness.com/Excitotoxins.pdf
Foods to watch out for include: Soybean milk (naturally high in glutamate / often has hydrolyzed
vegetable protein added to it), kombu, miso, and soy sauces all contain MSG.
Sources of MSG include: MSG, Monosodium Glutamate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Vegetable Protein, Hydrolyzed Plan Protein, Plant Protein Extract, Sodium Caseinate, Calcium Caseinate, Yeast Extract, Textured Protein, Autolyzed Protein, Autolyzed Yeast, and Hydrolyzed Oat Flour.
Additives frequently containing MSG: Malt extract, Malt Flavoring, Bouillon, Broth, Stock, Flavoring, Natural Flavoring, Natural Beef or Chicken Flavoring, Seasoning and Spices.
Additives that may contain MSG or Excitotoxins: Carrageenan, Enzymes, Soy Protein Concentrate,
Soy Protein Isolate, and Protein Concentrate. Protease enzymes of various sources can release
excitotoxin amino acids from food proteins.

Soy Protein Isolate, is the main/only protein in the Herbalife /Food, Jerry sells

and
Soy protein shakes are all the rage. Ironically,they contain one of the highest levels of glutamate, as well as other brain toxins such as high levels
of manganese and fluoride. One long-term (25 year) study found that those who ate the most soycontaining foods had the greatest brain shrinkage (brain atrophy). Soy has also been shown to trigger violent rage attacks
http://www.newportnutritionals.com/Program_for_a_Healthy_Brain.pdf

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2012, 04:44:47 am »
I appreciate the advice on the water filtration.  Our tap water smells like chlorine when you get within a foot of it - just nasty.  (Assoc w/ GI cancers)
the least I can do for ya
understand, there are 20+ water systems looked at by consumer reports, I looked only at .
Reverse Osmosis Filters
 a Recommened by is the
Whirlpool WHER25 RO system, priced in CR at $150, I picked it up at Lowe's for $87 and a plumber will install it tomorrow for $75........I'll let you know,
True it only works in my kitchen, but I can use glass pitchers to bring water upstairs to brush teeth, drink, etc

at the Natures Pantry (veganish/natural store I go to) they sell both RO and Distilled water..I'd get a distilary, but $1k+....I dunno about that,  CR seems pretty sure this will work fine

I have a question
at the vegan store, they sell organic/natural everything
WHY DO THEY SELL SO MUCH STUFF LOADED WITH SATURATED FATS?

I went there to browse and pick up a few things so when I finish this weight contest, I can have a meal that isnt eggwhites and filtered water/coffee with no sugar!
but I didnt buy any candy or junk that had saturated fats....
1st off, the stuff they sell might say "GLUTEN FREE" or "1000% natural" but when it has soy or textured protein or some other excitotoxin that I recognize, I dont buy it....but do they not know about Excitotoxins? 
so are they putting the gun down(pesticides in foods or whatever "natural" food offers,) and picking up a hunters knife?

Im so baffled

of course, I dont understand what organic corn seed is either, how is that different than normal  corn kernels?  I just want to make air popcorn!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #203 on: June 09, 2012, 03:07:56 pm »
Let me know how hard the install is.  Genuinely curious...

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2012, 03:20:13 pm »
Reverse Osmosis Filters
 a Recommened by is the
Whirlpool WHER25 RO system, priced in CR at $150, I picked it up at Lowe's for $87 and a plumber will install it tomorrow for $75........I'll let you know,

I have an RO system for our drinking water and ice maker. Just to let you know, I think these systems typically use about 7 gallons of water to make 1 gallon of RO water. The rest is going down the drain. Where I live water is somewhat precious (dry climate with aquifer). If you can figure a way to pipe or store the excess water water for gardening or such it wouldn't go to waste. I'm still puzzling over that one with my system.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2012, 04:39:55 pm »
Reverse Osmosis Filters
 a Recommened by is the

I have an RO system for our drinking water and ice maker. Just to let you know, I think these systems typically use about 7 gallons of water to make 1 gallon of RO water. The rest is going down the drain. Where I live water is somewhat precious (dry climate with aquifer). If you can figure a way to pipe or store the excess water water for gardening or such it wouldn't go to waste. I'm still puzzling over that one with my system.
consumer reports said it had a pretty good flow rate, If it comes out too slow, I'll fill some of my glass pitchers with water and store them in the fridge
how do you know it costs you 7 gallons to make one gallon? what RO system do you have?

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 09, 2012, 05:33:43 pm »
See this Wiki link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_osmosis#Disadvantages

We had one put in several years ago by some local installer. He plumbed it tying in all the water lines. It is 4 stage RO system. After a while, you have to replace the various filters… the most expensive one being the RO membrane. After a web search, I found the same system he installed and found it cheaper to order the whole kit from online dealer.

The one I got is the $179 listed at the top of this page…

http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/reverse-osmosis-systems.asp

After the initial plumb job, it was fairly replace it the second time.

I also ordered some extra filters for replacement.

It also has a storage tank that holds 4 gallons, so I don't stockpile any extra with pitchers. I drink a lot of water and use a lot of ice. Never have been caught short.
56yo, Pre  T level 239

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 09, 2012, 06:12:25 pm »
See this Wiki link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_osmosis#Disadvantages

We had one put in several years ago by some local installer. He plumbed it tying in all the water lines. It is 4 stage RO system. After a while, you have to replace the various filters… the most expensive one being the RO membrane. After a web search, I found the same system he installed and found it cheaper to order the whole kit from online dealer.

The one I got is the $179 listed at the top of this page…

http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/reverse-osmosis-systems.asp

After the initial plumb job, it was fairly replace it the second time.

I also ordered some extra filters for replacement.

It also has a storage tank that holds 4 gallons, so I don't stockpile any extra with pitchers. I drink a lot of water and use a lot of ice. Never have been caught short.
so what RO system did you have put in?

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 09, 2012, 07:00:34 pm »
The original installer put in a 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis RO Pure Water System probably 7 years ago. He was pestering me to put new filters in about 3 years ago. I found the exact same complete system online for less  than he was going to charge to only replace the filters.

http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=4_Stage_RO

So I bought this new system (identical) and replaced the old one (tossed it). It seems to work fine, but I don't like how it wastes so much tap water. Only found out about that later after doing a little research how it works.

56yo, Pre  T level 239

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 09, 2012, 08:12:36 pm »
The original installer put in a 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis RO Pure Water System probably 7 years ago. He was pestering me to put new filters in about 3 years ago. I found the exact same complete system online for less  than he was going to charge to only replace the filters.

http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=4_Stage_RO

So I bought this new system (identical) and replaced the old one (tossed it). It seems to work fine, but I don't like how it wastes so much tap water. Only found out about that later after doing a little research how it works.
I see, I got mine by how it was recommened by consumer reports....so I'll see how it works, that's all I can do now, or before....

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #209 on: June 09, 2012, 08:12:36 pm »