Quantcast

Author Topic: random question  (Read 216823 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: random question
« Reply #330 on: September 03, 2012, 02:33:40 pm »

Watchntv: Use an air popper and I'd skip the canola oil While the Omega-6 oils are essential for good health, Americans have been shown to be consuming 50X the amount necessary for good health. These excess bad oils have been shown to increase inflammation, increase cancer development and growth, and increase the incidence of degenerative brain diseases. http://www.newportnutritionals.com/Nutrition-guide.html

If you look at the recipes in Ornish's The Spectrum, you will see that he sometimes makes use of avocado and even olive oil in small amounts. Dosage is everything.

Btw, you must see Forks Over Knives if you have not already.  It's on Netflix Instant Queue.  Just do it...

Saw it for first itme last night.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #331 on: September 03, 2012, 02:34:40 pm »
do milk jugs have bpa?

I thought they did not

Don't know for sure, but they probably have a little since the plastic is somethwat malleable.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #331 on: September 03, 2012, 02:34:40 pm »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 03, 2012, 09:41:22 pm »
peak
I know to lose fat, you must eat fewer calories than you burn

in that vein, which of these foods would you consider the most valuable to eat

fruit
1 peaches
2 berries
3 apples
4 pinapple
5 mango
6 oranges
7 back grapes
8 watermelon
9 cantaloupe

veggies
1 broccoli
2 tomatoes
3 spinach
4 kale
5 celery
6 mustard
7 carrots
8 prunes?(or is that a fruit)
9 mustard(I figure tomatoes/catsup, then mustard....)

thanks

“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #333 on: September 03, 2012, 10:30:31 pm »
peak

fruit
1 peaches
2 berries
3 apples
4 pinapple
5 mango
6 oranges
7 back grapes
8 watermelon
9 cantaloupe

veggies
1 broccoli
2 tomatoes
3 spinach
4 kale
5 celery
6 mustard
7 carrots

thanks

You just listed 18 superfoods (or darn close) and you want me to pick the best one?!?  Let me ask you:  who was smarter, Einstein, Newton or Tesla?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #333 on: September 03, 2012, 10:30:31 pm »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 03, 2012, 11:09:48 pm »
peak

fruit
1 peaches
2 berries
3 apples
4 pinapple
5 mango
6 oranges
7 back grapes
8 watermelon
9 cantaloupe

veggies
1 broccoli
2 tomatoes
3 spinach
4 kale
5 celery
6 mustard
7 carrots

thanks

You just listed 18 superfoods (or darn close) and you want me to pick the best one?!?  Let me ask you:  who was smarter, Einstein, Newton or Tesla?
I dunno, but back to the mik issue

my mom had boob cancer in 08 and it was Estogen  postive, so shes on armotase inhibitor,,, she drinks millk, gallon/week
after reading your site info about milk being pro-estrogen, she is off milk
I've been tellin her for years to get off milk and she finally is!
thanks to your site
thanks!
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #335 on: September 04, 2012, 01:58:52 pm »

my mom had boob cancer in 08 and it was Estogen  postive, so shes on armotase inhibitor,,, she drinks millk, gallon/week
thanks to your site
thanks!

Forks and Knives goes into Powell's research on casein, which, again, shows that casein can be pro-cancer.  Of course, cancer is very complex and based on many lifestyle factors, but it's best to play it safe when it comes to cancer.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 04, 2012, 02:27:32 pm »

thanks to your site
thanks!

Forks and Knives goes into Powell's research on casein, which, again, shows that casein can be pro-cancer.  Of course, cancer is very complex and based on many lifestyle factors, but it's best to play it safe when it comes to cancer.
2 things
1st I'll watch Forks and knives later today, that Dr. Esselstyn has been on CNN a few times and doesnt seem likeable, but reasearch isnt about being likeable
2 lots of things cause cancer; people I know have given up trying anything to reduce the risk of getting cancer.  I told my mom for YEARS that being fat is pro-cancer...she didnt care enough to change...she is now..thanks to you...the MDs she has seen, including her cancer doctor never told her that he obesity was PRO-cancer...
this goes back to having to rely on reasearch, but also shows you must take care of yourself

3 this relates to a site I enjoy going to, majorgeeks, where I ran into a thread where someone said how the only way to lose weight was to cut out sugars, soda, bread/pasta
when I explained wrong they were, how you can eat whatever you want as long as calories burned is greater than calories eaten and you'll lose weight
they threw  fit and closed the thread
hilarious

I also posted this link about a prof who ate junk food and lost weight, improved his bodyfat, cholestrol and he ate less than he burned
but hey, they are good with computers and Im NOT a IT guy at all...
Twinkie diet helps nutrition professor lose 27 pound
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 04, 2012, 02:53:12 pm »

Two very common questions I get on my forum are  "If I suspect low testosterone, what tests should I get?"  and "What testosterone tests will my doctor likely order?"

Unfortunately, there are many physicians out there still new to diagnosing and testing low testosterone and often important items get overlooked.  For this reason, until the medical community gets better up to speed as a whole, it is important for men to know the fundamentals of testosterine testing in order to ask important questions.

For this reason I have compiled what I call the 12 Common Tests for Men with Suspected Low Testosterone.  These testosterone tests are very important, because they can have such a strong and direct bearing on either a) testosterone levels or b) safe administration of Testosterone Therapy (HRT):

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Tests

I've looked at the tests and I was hoping you could either say
yes, get all those tests done

or
no, just get tests X, Y  Z done

Im 33 and I had a test of 320ish ng in January
I did a bunch of stuff from your site, including losing 65lb
May 2012, my testosterone total was  was 529ng, which is not the best at all,

I still have to lose more fat, I'll be done  10-5-12, and I'll get retested
or should I get the battery of test you mention in the link above?

I got a price quote from direct labs and its $594 for all those tests.... I think I'd have to get it at least 2x with 12 months to see where I am at based on crap I do
thoughts?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #338 on: September 04, 2012, 03:26:45 pm »
I can't really advise you on exact tests to take for a variety of reasons.  All I can do is tell you to read that material and discuss with your (hopefully pointy-headed) docs.  In general, though, the more testing you can afford the better. 

Remember that docs have to follow specific protocols and guidelines that are considered standard practice in order to not get hassled by the insurance companies and their patients when they don't get reimbursed.  So physicians tend to undertest imo because it is so administratively intensive to handle adhoc insurance situations.

However, the only negative aspect to getting tested is that if you get 20 lab results, one of them is bound to be a little low or a little high.  Some guys get very stressed over this.  But I still say it's better to be informed...

There is another negative aspect to self-monitoring some things:  how do you know you will interpret the results correctly?  Well, you may not of course, but if something is out of range, you can at least go to a good physician/naturopath/dietician and try to get answers and, of course, do some research on your own.

I would guess that you have a pretty good idea where you want to be at as far as testosterone.  However, what if your some of your thyroid readings are within range but on the low or high side.  This is a pretty involved subject.  Some thing with prolactin and many other things.

But I think I know you and you're going to try to pin me down on exactly which tests to take.  Well, before you try to do that, stop and think of the dozen reasons that I cannot possibly tell you specifics.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 04, 2012, 03:48:05 pm »
I can't really advise you on exact tests to take for a variety of reasons.  All I can do is tell you to read that material and discuss with your (hopefully pointy-headed) docs.  In general, though, the more testing you can afford the better. 

Remember that docs have to follow specific protocols and guidelines that are considered standard practice in order to not get hassled by the insurance companies and their patients when they don't get reimbursed.  So physicians tend to undertest imo because it is so administratively intensive to handle adhoc insurance situations.

However, the only negative aspect to getting tested is that if you get 20 lab results, one of them is bound to be a little low or a little high.  Some guys get very stressed over this.  But I still say it's better to be informed...

There is another negative aspect to self-monitoring some things:  how do you know you will interpret the results correctly?  Well, you may not of course, but if something is out of range, you can at least go to a good physician/naturopath/dietician and try to get answers and, of course, do some research on your own.

I would guess that you have a pretty good idea where you want to be at as far as testosterone.  However, what if your some of your thyroid readings are within range but on the low or high side.  This is a pretty involved subject.  Some thing with prolactin and many other things.

But I think I know you and you're going to try to pin me down on exactly which tests to take.  Well, before you try to do that, stop and think of the dozen reasons that I cannot possibly tell you specifics.
testing for various hormones is different than  trying to find out what the heck you eat, etc
time of day, shirt Im wearing, how life is affecting me all can play roles into what the tests say,

you wrote what I should do, and said why...basically my post was me saying, "reallly?naww, what do you REALLY Mean?"

so my post deserved a GO READ WHAT I WROTE type response.. the above response I got was way nice and I appreciate it.

I'll let you know what happens...

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 05, 2012, 12:18:41 pm »
I know Peak listed some foods that were better to buy organic(apples were on that list)
I saw the article below questioning whether organic was safer/better than non-organic?

Do the sites that say eat these foods as organic based, such as 12 Foods to Eat Organic http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/05/25/12-foods-to-eat-organic/ ,  on science or just "playing it safe" and avoiding man-made chemicals?

Organic better?
, Stanford University doctors dug through reams of research to find out - and concluded there's little evidence that going organic is much healthier, citing only a few differences involving pesticides and antibiotics.

Eating organic fruits and vegetables can lower exposure to pesticides, including for children - but the amount measured from conventionally grown produce was within safety limits, the researchers reported Monday.

Nor did the organic foods prove more nutritious.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/03/3794846/study-questions-how-much-better.html#storylink=cpy

Going organic could lead to a letdown, researchers find
Evidence that the natural foods offer a real nutritional advantage is scanty.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/05/3797244/going-organic-could-lead-to-letdown.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/05/3797244/going-organic-could-lead-to-letdown.html

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #341 on: September 05, 2012, 02:11:36 pm »
Yeah, I saw all the press coverage at the gym yesterday about this latest study.

It's hard for me to get too excited about it all to be honest.  And the reason is that I live right by a Trader Joes!  Trader Joe's has vaporized the only reasonable argument against organic if you ask me:  cost.

The studies show that organic are as nutritious or, in some case, more nutritious than conventional.  So then the question boils down to cost:  is it worth it to pay the sometimes exhorbitant prices?

I think Trader Joe's has cut the cost low enough to where that should not be an issue.  Of course, everyone has to decide for themselves, but the classic example is pomegranate juice:  you can now buy a big bottle of organic pom juice for $3.99 at Trader Joe's that will last you and the family for 4 or 5 days.  To me it's a no brainer.

So that's my take on it:  organic will greatly lower all the flouride pesticides chipping away at your thyroid, the endocrine disruptors lowering your testosterone a little, etc.  Why risk it?

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 06, 2012, 07:11:25 am »
Yeah, I saw all the press coverage at the gym yesterday about this latest study.

It's hard for me to get too excited about it all to be honest.  And the reason is that I live right by a Trader Joes!  Trader Joe's has vaporized the only reasonable argument against organic if you ask me:  cost.

The studies show that organic are as nutriti
ous or, in some case, more nutritious than conventional.  So then the question boils down to cost:  is it worth it to pay the sometimes exhorbitant prices?

I think Trader Joe's has cut the cost low enough to where that should not be an issue.  Of course, everyone has to decide for themselves, but the classic example is pomegranate juice:  you can now buy a big bottle of organic pom juice for $3.99 at Trader Joe's that will last you and the family for 4 or 5 days.  To me it's a no brainer.

So that's my take on it:  organic will greatly lower all the flouride pesticides chipping away at your thyroid, the endocrine disruptors lowering your testosterone a little, etc.  Why risk it?

I didnt realize you worked out at a gym?  I thought having kids/wife/running this site/dealing with me was more than enough to give you a workout. :o

You have an interesting take on those studies. I half agree with you
The other half wonders who paid to have those results published in newspapers?  surely it's not FRONT PAGE news that organic food isnt better than real food?
I never recall front page news about trans fats still being in our foods,  fluoride being bad for you, or any of Dr Blaylocks research.

I also question the accuracy/validity of those studies.   how is it that a little bit of pesticides, poison,  has no measurable effect compared to no poisons?
I'd like to read ANY of the studies they did...none are provided.

This is also a story from the same government that says I can smoke and drink alcohol, but I can't give myself ephedrine or 6-OXO /estrogen blockers that work...

Seems that this propaganda is the same BS that keeps a lid on how foods contrain trans fats even when the label tells me it's transfat free.
I might as well buy a car that I'm told will last 50,000K miles, but small print says 30k miles will blow up...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #343 on: September 06, 2012, 01:12:52 pm »

I didnt realize you worked out at a gym?  I thought having kids/wife/running this site/dealing with me was more than enough to give you a workout. :o

The other half wonders who paid to have those results published in newspapers?  surely it's not FRONT PAGE news that organic food isnt better than real food?
I never recall front page news about trans fats still being in our foods,  fluoride being bad for you, or any of Dr Blaylocks research.

I also question the accuracy/validity of those studies.   how is it that a little bit of pesticides, poison,  has no measurable effect compared to no poisons?

This is also a story from the same government that says I can smoke and drink alcohol, but I can't give myself ephedrine or 6-OXO /estrogen blockers that work...

Seems that this propaganda is the same BS that keeps a lid on how foods contrain trans fats even when the label tells me it's transfat free.
I might as well buy a car that I'm told will last 50,000K miles, but small print says 30k miles will blow up...
Yes, but the counterargument is this:

Most degenerative disease can be explained by things like excess weight, smoking, being sedentary and the "big sins".   Some researchers think that things like pesticides have negligible and often unprovable effects on overall health. 

They may be right to a certain extent.  The Okinawans never worried about organic.  Jack LaLanne thought worrying about pesticides was utter foolishness and he was the picture of health.  (He may have been superhuman however.)  His exact words were "It's a bunch of bull."

http://www.shareguide.com/LaLanne.html

However, I think there is now ample evidence out there that pesticides and toxins do indeed have a  negative impact on health and, obviously, give considerable coverage to that on my site...

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 09, 2012, 09:36:54 pm »

Yes, but the counterargument is this:

Most degenerative disease can be explained by things like excess weight, smoking, being sedentary and the "big sins".   Some researchers think that things like pesticides have negligible and often unprovable effects on overall health. 

They may be right to a certain extent.  The Okinawans never worried about organic.  Jack LaLanne thought worrying about pesticides was utter foolishness and he was the picture of health.  (He may have been superhuman however.)  His exact words were "It's a bunch of bull."

http://www.shareguide.com/LaLanne.html

However, I think there is now ample evidence out there that pesticides and toxins do indeed have a  negative impact on health and, obviously, give considerable coverage to that on my site...

I saw a kid spraying the cracks in his driveway with poison and I know my HOA hires a lawn service that sprays my yard with poison; that kid wasnt wearing anything protective and I Dont wear protective gear when I walk near my poisoned bushes(which are dying).
so I'm doing what I can to myself to become like Jack, aka superhuman

I take 4-5 oz of pom juice with 2-3grams omega 3s, 2x a day
eat 200-250 grams protien
eat 2 green drinks(2lbs of broccoli,  spinach, blueberries)
dessrt is usally grapes(black) and watermelon/3-4 cups air popped popcorn(plains)

this is all part of me having gone to an ultra low fat diet. I think
I get my 3-4grams of omega 3s from carlsons Unflavored fish oil. and I will eat air popped popcorn 3 -4cups a night
otherwise I dont eat fat

my goal is to get my weight down to 180(10% bodyfat) in 3 weeks
and get my total cholestrol 248(mg/dl),
LDL, 162
(I last had it tested 9  months/70lbs ago)
down to below the high levels by Nov 1 when I'll get a full blood/test level test again
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Tests
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:41:27 pm by watchntv »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #344 on: September 09, 2012, 09:36:54 pm »