Quantcast

Author Topic: random question  (Read 219951 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: random question
« Reply #345 on: September 09, 2012, 10:49:33 pm »

this is all part of me having gone to an ultra low fat diet.

Don't go too low on the fat.  The Pritikin Diet has become very successful, but, originally, it struggled because they went too in fat.  You don't want to go too low with those essential fatty acids.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 09, 2012, 11:08:00 pm »

Don't go too low on the fat.  The Pritikin Diet has become very successful, but, originally, it struggled because they went too in fat.  You don't want to go too low with those essential fatty acids.
omegs -3s are the essientals
I get 6-9 grams of them/day via carlsons unflavored fish oil
From what I understand, that is plenty
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #346 on: September 09, 2012, 11:08:00 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2012, 01:09:51 pm »

omegs -3s are the essientals
I get 6-9 grams of them/day via carlsons unflavored fish oil

Low Fat is usually around 10% total fat.  For a normal guy eating 2500 calories per day that's about 250 calories from fat or about 28 total grams of fat per day.  Pritikin, the original Ornish and Esselstyn dietary regimens all are right around this level.

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2012, 02:46:18 pm »

Low Fat is usually around 10% total fat.  For a normal guy eating 2500 calories per day that's about 250 calories from fat or about 28 total grams of fat per day.  Pritikin, the original Ornish and Esselstyn dietary regimens all are right around this level.
why not go "too low" on a low fat diet?

I get my efas(9-10 gms)
omegs -3s are the essentials
w-3 are the real nutritional powerhouses with the fish oils
(EPA and DHA  have a profoundly beneficial effect on human health and fat loss. If I listed all of the known good effects of fish oils, you’d think I was making it up but the research is there. On the rapid fat loss diet, w-3’s should be about the only fat you
eat with pre formed fish oil capsules being the preferred form and flax oil being a distant second (for
people who just can’t handle the capsules).

I get 6-9 grams of them/day via carlsons unflavored fish oil(no flax seed as that has a conversion issue)

I dont much like  your"how to diet page"

the page talks about High-Intensity Training. is very prone to injury and men who are trying to get into shape should be forewarned that they should have 6-12 weeks of training under their belts.  moving from a  sedentary  life to running, etc in bursts 3x a week isnt at all smart or ideal

the page doesnt it doesnt talk about doing walking, which it should as your site mentions walking a few times in a great way.

the page says "  In other words, forget dieting -just eat the right way!"

we have talked about how food is  a drug, and what makes avoiding addiction to that drug is how people must eat
so thinking that somehow we can NOT diet and "just eat right" is close to telling someone "dont quit smoking, just dont smoke. lala de la"
diet needs to be something people take into consideration as you dont just "take drugs", you take drugs for a certain reason. food is a drug and should be taken for a reason.  somewhere you mention in a wellwritten manner how food isnt something we should just eat for fun or comfort...I thinkthats from the Erectile strength ebook?

why do I want more fat?  I get about 10% calories from fat, but its almost all  omega 3s, I do get some fat from the caca(navitas) powder.

I eat about 900-1200 calories so 10% of calories is 90-120,

Id really like to see the research about how eating late at night caused this statement,....

" found that late night snacks affect metabolism negatively and lead to greater weight gain. [21]  Mice fed late at night gained over twice as much weight as mice fed during regular feeding hours. "

so late at night the laws of physics are too tired to be applied? 1calorie =10 calories?  can you send me the study, I can't get it.

eating, the reason why you gain or lose weight(as the number of calories burned(how much you can eat and lose weight is determined by other factors, working out, walking/HIIT. bodyfat percentage, etc.

I dont eat many calories and I burn a lot of calories, so with the additon of DRUZ, I have a high deficit.

With the exception of peas, carrots and corn, and beets (the starchy vegetables which contain a lot of carbohydrate) which
are off limits usually,  I eat basically an unlimited amount of vegetables, which means I dont count calories from the 2lbs of broccolli I eat,   I will get a concrete number for myself later of  calories

the pomegranate juice(which I also use as mouthwash!) is full of calories, so I take it before I workout(weights/walking)

I dont eat a lot of carbs on most days,, I see no reason to eat so many calories, as Im dieting till  10-5-12, afterwards,I will go on a diet break for 2 weeks, eat  carbs to up-regulate all the whoremoans, TSH, testosterone, awesomeness, etc.

I use various drugs:
DNP  to increase my BMR(11%/100mg),
EC stack:
http://www.drumlib.com/dp/000002.htm
increase my Sympathetic nervous system(Which impairs erection ability to an extent) which helps me retain muscle and increaes BMR minimally(3%)

Bromocriptine" prevents a drop in leptin as it act like Dopamine in the brain, making the brain not know how much I am killing my body(brain thinks dieting-starvation) and so it doesnt do the drop in everything to reduce my BMR, increase muscle loss, etc

my  low calorie diet(nearly a ketogenic diet helps retain muscle, lose fat,  lowers blood pressure(from the loss of carbs from diet)

exercise wise

I lift 3x8 heavy sets, fulll body 3x a week  to help retain muscle
I do 2-3 hours of walking/recumbent bike, which is possible only because I take DNP, otherwise my metabolism would drop and I'd lose muscle
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 02:54:49 pm by watchntv »
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2012, 02:46:18 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #349 on: September 10, 2012, 07:57:22 pm »
Whoa!  Are you saying I need an editor?!?

This is all I know:  supposedly Pritikin initially got some of his followers in the early days into trouble by going too low on the fat.  Admittedly, I don't know the details.  Just passing along info.  If you find anything out, let us know...

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 10, 2012, 09:45:16 pm »
Whoa!  Are you saying I need an editor?!?

This is all I know:  supposedly Pritikin initially got some of his followers in the early days into trouble by going too low on the fat.  Admittedly, I don't know the details.  Just passing along info.  If you find anything out, let us know...

editor?   you mean why I dont like that page?  no, I dont care about editing, I pointed out the info I'd change

nothing to know about why add fat, there is no reason to, I get my w-3s, thats enough

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 21, 2012, 03:02:14 pm »
Im in class, listening to lecture, taking notes
the girl next to me pulls out a chocolate PROTEIN BAR and unwraps the bar and sits on her desk
she takes a chunch now and then

the stench of chocolate fills the air

she rustles the wrapper everytime she breaks off a part of it

after class, I ask her if shes diabetic
she says no
I ask her why shes eating in class and not the 47 hours before or after class when no one is around?
I DONT SMOKE IN CLass, I  pay money to learn things
she doesnt say a word and just leaves

some people should be killed

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #352 on: September 21, 2012, 04:34:56 pm »

editor?   you mean why I dont like that page?  no, I dont care about editing, I pointed out the info I'd change

nothing to know about why add fat, there is no reason to, I get my w-3s, thats enough

Btw, and this is strictly info - no big messages here - but just passing along info:

1) Bernard  (Dr. Neil) is in your camp:  he thinks one only needs a few grams of fat per day or at least that was my interpretation of something he wrote in his reversing diabetes book. 

2) Bernand actually is cautious about fish oil because it does  have quite a bit of saturated fat in it.

I know that the less saturated fat and total fat I eat, the better I feel in many ways.  But that just feels a little too extreme to me though.  I try to get keep total fat in the 10-15% range.  I'd love to know what he bases the above on...

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2012, 05:25:05 pm »

Btw, and this is strictly info - no big messages here - but just passing along info:

1) Bernard  (Dr. Neil) is in your camp:  he thinks one only needs a few grams of fat per day or at least that was my interpretation of something he wrote in his reversing diabetes book. 

2) Bernand actually is cautious about fish oil because it does  have quite a bit of saturated fat in it.

I know that the less saturated fat and total fat I eat, the better I feel in many ways.  But that just feels a little too extreme to me though.  I try to get keep total fat in the 10-15% range.  I'd love to know what he bases the above on...

Excessive fish oil can impair the body’s ability to mount a proper immune response, as well as impairing insulin release.
Some work has identified that the body will hit a limit (in terms of plasma saturation) on DHA at 1.2 grams per day which is the equivalent of 10X1 gram fish oil capsules. That would also provide 1.8 grams EPA for a total of 3 grams per day of fish oil

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 22, 2012, 08:29:12 pm »

I agree, as I have mentioned/asked about that before
in the vien of if saturated fat elevates test levels, would W-3s also elevate test levels?

I think its more total calories than  what those calories are made of
are you gaining weight or losing weight which is the main cause of increased or decreased test  levels

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #355 on: September 22, 2012, 10:00:55 pm »

I think its more total calories than  what those calories are made of
are you gaining weight or losing weight which is the main cause of increased or decreased test  levels

This is really an interesting statement here. 

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2012, 10:01:56 pm »

in the vien of if saturated fat elevates test levels, would W-3s also elevate test levels?

[/quote]

Can't prove this, but I think they may increase free testosterone a little.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2012, 10:19:47 pm »

Can't prove this, but I think they may increase free testosterone a little.
[/quote]
thats one of those things that bugs me
we arent doing the proper expirimenting
we make laws that are BS, trans fat need to be outlawed.  serving size should equal the whole product.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #358 on: September 22, 2012, 10:37:09 pm »
trans fat need to be outlawed. 
One of the requirements for a working democracy is that you give people the freedom to self-destruct...

serving size should equal the whole product.

Amen, brother.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 23, 2012, 02:48:38 am »
trans fat need to be outlawed. 
One of the requirements for a working democracy is that you give people the freedom to self-destruct...

then why dont we have posion, thats unlabled, in food?
hmm?

serving size should equal the whole product.

Amen, brother.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #359 on: September 23, 2012, 02:48:38 am »