Quantcast

Author Topic: random question  (Read 216800 times)

Blade78

• View Profile
Re: random question
« Reply #390 on: December 02, 2012, 10:21:53 pm »
ok good, I walk about 20-60 mins a day as well as lift weights

4..  I sometimes eat organic peaches, do these have any worthwhile properties?(and organic does have different levels,
The USDA has identified for three categories of labeling organic products:

100% Organic: Made with 100% organic ingredients

Organic: Made with at least 95% organic ingredients

Made With Organic Ingredients: Made with a minimum of 70% organic ingredients with strict restrictions on the remaining 30% including no GMOs (genetically modified organisms)

Products with less than 70% organic ingredients may list organically produced ingredients on the side panel of the package, but may not make any organic claims on the front of the package.

http://www.organic.org/home/faq

5. Im going to try to eat rice; I know you suggest brown rice, but is black rice better

.6  Kegals—you said to hold the “pee” muscles for a count of ten.... then relax for 10...if I do one set of 10 every time I pee. I should be good to go, yes?
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2013, 09:40:10 am »
I dont understand what this page is saying here:
So what is a good T/E ratio?  A solid number for a 20 year old male is 30-40 with some guys shooting near 50.  Of course, some would argue that a T/E ratio that high makes it to where most guys can't think straight.  Regardless, youthful testosterone-to-estrogen ratios are quite high and are certainly ideal in terms of maintaining male health
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Estrogen_Ratio

I looked up about T/E ratios and found they give ratios, as in:
 There is some normal ethnic and time of day variation in the normal T/E ratio (as low as 0.7:1 and as high as 1.3:1).

so what does it mean to "shoot near 50"?
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2013, 09:40:10 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2013, 02:37:12 pm »

I looked up about T/E ratios and found they give ratios, as in:
 There is some normal ethnic and time of day variation in the normal T/E ratio (as low as 0.7:1 and as high as 1.3:1).

What is this a ratio of, i.e. what kind of testosterone and what units and what kind of estrogen and what units?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:50 am »

What is this a ratio of, i.e. what kind of testosterone and what units and what kind of estrogen and what units?
the page doesnt say
its title is "testosterone estrogen ratio" and says in the paragraph, "So what is a good T/E ratio?"and gives unit-less numbers,
this is why I asked what this means?

It could say."for a 20 year old male is zebra with some guys shooting near elephant" and I also wouldnt understand.

I just need some help understanding the information you provide; thanks.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:50 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2013, 03:29:19 am »
Okay, I'm somewhat confused here.  But I think that you're saying the above quote is not from any of my material and you want to understand it.  If that is the case, it's very difficult without the units.  They are talking about a ratio near 1.0 and I'm talking about a ratio of 30+, so clearly the units are different unless I'm really missing something here.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2013, 05:08:32 am »
Okay, I'm somewhat confused here.  But I think that you're saying the above quote is not from any of my material and you want to understand it.  If that is the case, it's very difficult without the units.  They are talking about a ratio near 1.0 and I'm talking about a ratio of 30+, so clearly the units are different unless I'm really missing something here.
what I quoted was a ratiio,  4:1,thats a ratio and that was the only point of that line.

I then was trying to understand your page, because you arent using ratios.
saying.
"So what is a good T/E ratio?  A solid number for a 20 year old male is 30-40 with some guys shooting near 50.  "
is very unclear. because '40" is a ratio and it's not understood reading anything on that page
your page also has no units, so Im just more confused
you are asking more questions instead of answering my questions about what  dont understand, which is your page

are you saying that when you say, "40' you are meaning a testosterone/estrogen ratio of  40:1?
I cant tell because you dont have units and havent labeled anything, something you are saying the example I gave needs to have to ave you understand it, :o

so ingore everything I've said about anything other than your page and please help me understand your page
thanks

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »
Gotcha.  Okay, the ratio I'm talking about with those #s of 30, 40 and 50, etc. are total testosterone in ng/dl versus estradiol in pg/ml.  So a young, thin guy might have total T of 800 and estradiol of 20 for a T/E (better T/E2) ratio of 40 versus an older, more overweight male with a ratio of 400/40 = 10.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 20, 2013, 09:17:06 pm »
Gotcha.  Okay, the ratio I'm talking about with those #s of 30, 40 and 50, etc. are total testosterone in ng/dl versus estradiol in pg/ml.  So a young, thin guy might have total T of 800 and estradiol of 20 for a T/E (better T/E2) ratio of 40 versus an older, more overweight male with a ratio of 400/40 = 10.
so the best way for a guy to get a good test/estradiol ratio is to?
1. -lose bodyfat,get to 8-14% Bodyfat
2  Low Fat Diet.(I'm not sure what that is, what percentage of calories of total calories does the research( what you used to base saying, "low fat diet helps T/E-ratio) say means low fat?

3 more sex

4   Arimidex (anastrolozole) is an aromatase inhibitor
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Estrogen_Ratio

so I have 100% control over 1 and 2....anythiing else?
don't broccoli/cruciferous veggies all have DIM that might be a natural aromatase inhibitor?
if so, how much broccoli should I consume per day?>  2lbs?

haole

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 20, 2013, 09:25:53 pm »
If I'm not mistaken the low fat portion is more for general heart health, and to reduce or minimize arteriosclerosis.  An active body with the appropriate energy intake is less likely to have excessive fat stores, and therefore less like to produce or convert testosterone to a less desirable hormone.

Endogenous Testosterone and other hormones manufactured by the body start life as cholesterol.  Increased dietary fat can increase testosterone production (under some conditions) but can also increase the risk for arteriosclerosis, and create conditions where blood flow is reduced.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #399 on: March 21, 2013, 04:27:38 am »

so the best way for a guy to get a good test/estradiol ratio is to?
1. -lose bodyfat,get to 8-14% Bodyfat

Well, this is the ideal and it will work for some men.  There's no guarantees though...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #400 on: March 21, 2013, 04:30:38 am »

Endogenous Testosterone and other hormones manufactured by the body start life as cholesterol.  Increased dietary fat can increase testosterone production (under some conditions) but can also increase the risk for arteriosclerosis, and create conditions where blood flow is reduced.

In general, I think you're right, but it's not quite as obvious as that and the reason is probably protein.  Higher protein levels, according to the same studies that show high fat = higher testosterone, lead to lower testosterone.  So this may be a reason that low fat people don't seem to suffer from low testosterone as far as I know.  In fact, one study shows their testosterone equal to that of the non-low fat control group.

So the whole picture depends on a lot of things...

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 22, 2013, 04:25:27 pm »

In general, I think you're right, but it's not quite as obvious as that and the reason is probably protein.  Higher protein levels, according to the same studies that show high fat = higher testosterone, lead to lower testosterone.  So this may be a reason that low fat people don't seem to suffer from low testosterone as far as I know.  In fact, one study shows their testosterone equal to that of the non-low fat control group.

So the whole picture depends on a lot of things...
likely because you are looking at various effects of marcoss on test levels
fat and protein
one does not mean the other
usually though, meat means saturated fat, as well as HCAs,  and other negative things to harm the body/endo

so why eat meat?
culture/peer pressure/ etc

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #402 on: March 22, 2013, 06:47:52 pm »

so why eat meat?

Well, my own personal opinion is that most guys just like meat in Western societies.  And to justify eating it, many of the health-minded ones have even created a romanticized caveman philosophy that helps them justify the idea that a modern cow, with it's bloated saturated fat levels and pitiful omega-3 levels is somehow healthy. 

If you could take the same guy growing up in Asia somewhere where meat is eaten infrequently, it would never even cross his mind to eat boatloads of beef, pork, eggs and poultry at almost every meal.  Now, as I keep saying, eating a little meat does have some decent justification and Pritikin even did it and got stellar results. 

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 22, 2013, 07:42:42 pm »
I am not a total douche ALL time, but this is one of my pet peeves because the frivoulous words add nothing to the statement you make
NADA:

Well, my own personal opinion is that

oh, your PERSONAL OPINION, ok thats different than saying,"I feel" or "my opinion" or just skipping  the words and saying what you mean
I have dystarthria and I harp on people and their use of, as my friend calls them, throw away words.

so why eat meat?

Most guys just like meat in Western societies.  And to justify eating it, many of the health-minded ones have even created a romanticized caveman philosophy that helps them justify the idea that a modern cow, with it's bloated saturated fat levels and pitiful omega-3 levels is somehow healthy. 
right, that's why I mentioned culture.
If you could take the same guy growing up in Asia somewhere where meat is eaten infrequently, it would never even cross his mind to eat boatloads of beef, pork, eggs and poultry at almost every meal.  Now, as I keep saying, eating a little meat does have some decent justification and Pritikin even did it and got stellar results.

whats the justification for a "little"(whatever that is?) meat?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2013, 08:47:03 pm »
It excels in certain nutrients where plants do not (zinc, creatine, choline, etc.).    This is why the CR (Caloric Restriction) folks eat some meat so that they can get their RDA's in all categories.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2013, 08:47:03 pm »