Quantcast

Author Topic: TRT Q Is Benzyl Benzoate Safe in injections?  (Read 597 times)

DanMac

• View Profile
TRT Q Is Benzyl Benzoate Safe in injections?
« on: September 03, 2018, 07:07:09 am »
Is the Benzyl Benzoate Safe long term in Testosterone Injections formulations??? i am from U.K Great britain, there is a good Company in Germany making Testosterone Enanthate, is there any other Ingredient they could plan for use instead than same Benzyl Benzoate solution? or is that best to preserve the Test rather than use other solvent component?? And can this give problem any health problems down the line Liver/Kidney or not Really??? So i can inject it on TRT for LIFE fine Guys?
New protocol,  75mg twice weekly E5D of Sustanon

30+ year old Male from UK,  5 foot 9 1/2 tall. current weight 154  pounds, Heaviest Weight 185 Pounds,  BF % unchecked for long while.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TRT Q Is Benzyl Benzoate Safe in injections?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 07:32:44 am »
As with most things, it's the dose that makes the poison. It's probably safe for most guys in the amounts we get through our injections. [Edit: disregard this part; it's about benzyl alcohol] But Pfizer does have a warning in its Depo-Testosterone information:

The preservative benzyl alcohol has been associated with serious adverse events, including the “gasping syndrome”, and death in pediatric patients. Although normal therapeutic doses of this product ordinarily deliver amounts of benzyl alcohol that are substantially lower than those reported in association with the “gasping syndrome”, the minimum amount of benzyl alcohol at which toxicity may occur is not known. The risk of benzyl alcohol toxicity depends on the quantity administered and the hepatic capacity to detoxify the chemical. ...

A lot more info here: https://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/a?dbs+hsdb:@term+@DOCNO+208

Human Toxicity Excerpts:
Benzyl benzoate is relatively nontoxic but may irritate the skin and eyes. ...

Quote from: Wikipedia
Benzyl benzoate has low acute toxicity in laboratory animals. It is rapidly hydrolyzed to benzoic acid and benzyl alcohol. Benzyl alcohol is subsequently metabolized to benzoic acid. The conjugates of benzoic acid are rapidly eliminated in urine. When given in large doses to laboratory animals, benzyl benzoate can cause hyperexcitation, loss of coordination, ataxia, convulsions, and respiratory paralysis.[10]
As an excipient in some testosterone-replacement injectable medications, benzyl benzoate has been reported as a cause of anaphylaxis in a case in Australia.[14] Bayer includes this report in information for health professionals and recommends that physicians "should be aware of the potential for serious allergic reactions" to preparations of this type.[9] In Australia, reports to ADRAC, which evaluates reports of adverse drug reactions for the Therapeutic Goods Administration, show several reports of allergic issues since the anaphylaxis case from 2011.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:58:17 pm by Cataceous »
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 07:32:44 am »

DanMac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 07:42:30 am »
I have not done a Testosterone injection yet, might do one today to be honest, how did you feel on your first ever Testosterone Jab, can you describe it? and i assume you had BRAIN Fog before your first shot because LOW T causes brain fog and can't think straight, when you had that Injection, did your BRAIN SWITCH on? and MOOD feel GREAT 1st Day of Injection?  Lightbulb moment or nah? 

Also does any man with Brain Fog prior to his 1st shot?? have a LIGHTBULB moment when his BRAIN wakes totally up from it's slump. I like to know if that happens with some Guys reported.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:47:36 am by DanMac »

30+ year old Male from UK,  5 foot 9 1/2 tall. current weight 154  pounds, Heaviest Weight 185 Pounds,  BF % unchecked for long while.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 06:43:08 pm »
I have not done a Testosterone injection yet, might do one today to be honest, how did you feel on your first ever Testosterone Jab, can you describe it? and i assume you had BRAIN Fog before your first shot because LOW T causes brain fog and can't think straight, when you had that Injection, did your BRAIN SWITCH on? and MOOD feel GREAT 1st Day of Injection?  Lightbulb moment or nah? 

Also does any man with Brain Fog prior to his 1st shot?? have a LIGHTBULB moment when his BRAIN wakes totally up from it's slump. I like to know if that happens with some Guys reported.

Definitely not a one-injection deal. You can feel things happening in the first few weeks, like surges in libido if it had been lacking. But I found the process had a lot of ups and downs before I was dialed in with a good protocol. Though I've had brain fog of some kind off and on, mine has not been closely correlated with testosterone. I'm still working on it and have recently had some promising initial results correlating with ubiquinol supplementation.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 06:43:08 pm »

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 07:10:36 pm »

TRT did not do much to help my brain fog.  I was hoping it would, but it did not.  The most noticeable affects for me were with libido, sex is much more fun and frequent.  I got an increase in general assertiveness and decisiveness.  My decisions are quicker and I am more confident in them.  My gym performance is much better.  Using my muscles feels good now, whereas before, I just did not feel good working out.  My cholesterol profile improved.  My body fat % went down and my muscle mass went up.  Lastly, I did get some energy increase, but this has been subtle.  There was no big bang increase.

Apparently my lingering brain fog is not due to low T.  I am still trying to figure out root cause.
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

DanMac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 09:43:14 am »

TRT did not do much to help my brain fog.  I was hoping it would, but it did not.  The most noticeable affects for me were with libido, sex is much more fun and frequent.  I got an increase in general assertiveness and decisiveness.  My decisions are quicker and I am more confident in them.  My gym performance is much better.  Using my muscles feels good now, whereas before, I just did not feel good working out.  My cholesterol profile improved.  My body fat % went down and my muscle mass went up.  Lastly, I did get some energy increase, but this has been subtle.  There was no big bang increase.

Apparently my lingering brain fog is not due to low T.  I am still trying to figure out root cause.

Maybe your BRAIN Fog is Thyroid related, is your Thyroid numbers perfect JoeSixPack?  i read THYROID can be Atmost problem with Feeling Fatigued still in the Head. I could be wrong but Research SOLID points to it.

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 05:31:35 pm »

Maybe your BRAIN Fog is Thyroid related, is your Thyroid numbers perfect JoeSixPack?  i read THYROID can be Atmost problem with Feeling Fatigued still in the Head. I could be wrong but Research SOLID points to it.

That is a solid idea.  Unfortunately I have tried various doses of Armor thyroid and have not had much success.  At lower doses I don't feel any effect.  At higher doses I get insomnia, anxiety and diarrhea, but also still have the brain fog.  I have a pretty dysfunctional digestive system.  I believe this might be the cause.  Trouble is, I cannot find a way to make my gut behave properly.   Until I can find a way to do so, I won't really be able to know for sure.
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 06:19:11 pm »
... but also still have the brain fog.  ...

Probably a long shot suggestion here, but I've recently experienced a reduction in a sort of cognitive fatigue, which could be likened to brain fog. This coincides with only two changes: starting to supplement with 100 mg/day of ubiquinol, and increasing sodium intake by a few hundred mg per day. I think this article overstates the benefits of CoQ10 supplementation, but it does specifically mention brain fog: "Low levels of CoQ10 results in brain fog, slow mental processing, and cognitive decline."

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 05:36:45 pm »
... but also still have the brain fog.  ...

Probably a long shot suggestion here, but I've recently experienced a reduction in a sort of cognitive fatigue, which could be likened to brain fog. This coincides with only two changes: starting to supplement with 100 mg/day of ubiquinol, and increasing sodium intake by a few hundred mg per day. I think this article overstates the benefits of CoQ10 supplementation, but it does specifically mention brain fog: "Low levels of CoQ10 results in brain fog, slow mental processing, and cognitive decline."
It is indeed a long shot.  I take a CoQ10 and eat a very high sodium diet already.  But I have not tried the ubiquinol form ever.   It may be a long shot but it is certainly worth it to try.  The  brain fog is really a drag.  Thanks for the suggestion.

DanMac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 04:22:22 am »
It is indeed a long shot.  I take a CoQ10 and eat a very high sodium diet already.  But I have not tried the ubiquinol form ever.   It may be a long shot but it is certainly worth it to try.  The  brain fog is really a drag.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I take Ubiquinol now JOESixPack and have been for about 7-9 months,  Ubiquinol by PharmaNORD they were the company who did clinical trials with their own Ubiquinol product.

I take up to 6 Capsules a day but only 30mg each capsule, so i take up 180mg a day. But i might be moving onto Dr.MERCOLA Ubiquinol soon, his product looks very good too. they're 100MG a capsule with Dr.Mercola and i will probably take 3 a day.  It does Help my Brain & Overall mood, however i still get Brain Fog. I might need to go on Injections for sure soon. Do you think i will Enjoy T-Enanthate?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:24:28 am by DanMac »

Joe Sixpack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 07:11:50 pm »

I take Ubiquinol now JOESixPack and have been for about 7-9 months,  Ubiquinol by PharmaNORD they were the company who did clinical trials with their own Ubiquinol product.

I take up to 6 Capsules a day but only 30mg each capsule, so i take up 180mg a day. But i might be moving onto Dr.MERCOLA Ubiquinol soon, his product looks very good too. they're 100MG a capsule with Dr.Mercola and i will probably take 3 a day.  It does Help my Brain & Overall mood, however i still get Brain Fog. I might need to go on Injections for sure soon. Do you think i will Enjoy T-Enanthate?
For some guys going on injections is so good it is life changing.  For me it has been overall positive.  But is apparently not the root cause of some of my health complaints.  I certainly would not choose to stop taking T.  Once you get dialed in, you will likely feel at least somewhat better.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 07:11:50 pm »