Quantcast

Author Topic: Androgel time of day?  (Read 230 times)

ADHDandOCD

Androgel time of day?
« on: January 23, 2019, 03:33:47 pm »
Hey all, I am using Androgel and have been told to use it in the mornings, but I'm wondering about trying it during other times of the day like the afternoon or early evening.  I know it can be tricky since I already have central sleep apnea and that is not something I'd want to exacerbate, but the two pumps at the same time in the morning are making me pretty hypertensive and I get a crash around 1:00 P.M. or so every day that is pretty annoying. 

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Androgel time of day?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 06:36:09 pm »
I think maybe it was Dr. Crisler who said it's fine to apply twice a day when there are problems like that
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 06:36:09 pm »

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:24:47 pm »
I think maybe it was Dr. Crisler who said it's fine to apply twice a day when there are problems like that

Cool, good to know!  I might ask about the compounded creams since the gels are giving me issues and the shots/pellets aren't lasting long enough.  The pellets worked pretty well with me.  I just wish the procedure didn't suck like it did for me the several times I had pellets.  Shots were nice, but I could notice a HUGE drop in energy after like 2 weeks.  Even after 1 week, it was noticeable but after 2 weeks it was like I was back to low T already and that didn't work out since insurance wouldn't cover the higher dose injections unless paying out-of-pocket. 

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 07:36:28 pm »
You can also get compounded transdermal formulations in higher concentrations, which can sometimes prevent absorption problems experienced with Androgel.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 07:36:28 pm »

HRD LVN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 08:09:27 pm »
When I was on Testim gel I put it on at night post sex with the wife. Rib cage was my spot of choice but I would sometime put it on my inner thighs.
No daytime movements to rub it off. Max adsorbtion with no transfer to others.

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 08:23:56 pm »
When I was on Testim gel I put it on at night post sex with the wife. Rib cage was my spot of choice but I would sometime put it on my inner thighs.
No daytime movements to rub it off. Max adsorbtion with no transfer to others.

Interesting.  Never heard of applying to those areas before. 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 08:23:56 pm »