Quantcast

Author Topic: Interesting study about flaxseeds  (Read 425 times)

Redrak

• View Profile
Interesting study about flaxseeds
« on: January 18, 2019, 07:37:57 pm »
i saw a study someone posted around here about flaxseed reducing testosterone by possibly increasing e2 or decreasing it? im starting to think if i should eliminate my bread which contains them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2752973/

ADHDandOCD

Re: Interesting study about flaxseeds
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 05:18:59 pm »
i saw a study someone posted around here about flaxseed reducing testosterone by possibly increasing e2 or decreasing it? im starting to think if i should eliminate my bread which contains them.

I've heard the exact same.  Yet, it seems to me that insufficient fats in the diet also can decrease testosterone. Also, omega 3's and flaxeed oil can help reduce inflammation that I have read before, so even though that may also decrease testosterone in some individuals, it does have its upsides.  I guess it maybe depends on different people with different diets and such from what I know about the topic.  Omega 3's are also supposedly "linked" to a better mood, but the research and support on that were always little to none that I ever came across. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 05:21:00 pm by ADHDandOCD »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 05:18:59 pm »

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 05:20:07 pm »

For the record, I think it is important to note that not all things that lower testosterone to some degree are always "bad" and only "bad."  I'm not suggesting you are thinking that or saying that, but there is truly a time and place for everything and sometimes sacrifices have to be made at different points and hormones are no exception. 

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 06:34:43 pm »

For the record, I think it is important to note that not all things that lower testosterone to some degree are always "bad" and only "bad."  I'm not suggesting you are thinking that or saying that, but there is truly a time and place for everything and sometimes sacrifices have to be made at different points and hormones are no exception.

hey thanks! yeah and also the flaxseed in bread usually isnít that much anyways. guessing worrying about it is silly

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 06:34:43 pm »

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:07:08 pm »

hey thanks! yeah and also the flaxseed in bread usually isnít that much anyways. guessing worrying about it is silly

True.  Well, don't get me wrong I guess I didn't mean to say that one shouldn't be worried about their testosterone in every way, but at the same time, I was trying to get at that we only live once and sometimes enjoying things that aren't necessarily great for our testosterone like birthday cake, beer, or whatever else can be fun.  I was just trying to make a point that sometimes it's okay to not be so concerned about hormones I guess lol, but if you are, there isn't anything wrong with that. 

For that matter, it is probably good if you are really into optimal hormone health!  I've just been down that road where every little thing I do, eat, or think about is nothing but hormone health and it can lead to a lot of overwhelming anxiety for me, personally. 

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 10:08:10 pm »

True.  Well, don't get me wrong I guess I didn't mean to say that one shouldn't be worried about their testosterone in every way, but at the same time, I was trying to get at that we only live once and sometimes enjoying things that aren't necessarily great for our testosterone like birthday cake, beer, or whatever else can be fun.  I was just trying to make a point that sometimes it's okay to not be so concerned about hormones I guess lol, but if you are, there isn't anything wrong with that. 

For that matter, it is probably good if you are really into optimal hormone health!  I've just been down that road where every little thing I do, eat, or think about is nothing but hormone health and it can lead to a lot of overwhelming anxiety for me, personally.

hey thanks for your time! yeah worrying too much about what we eat and if it impacts T actually makes us overthink= putting T in more trouble.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 10:08:10 pm »