Quantcast

Author Topic: Sub q cypionate injections  (Read 578 times)

Tyce

• View Profile
Sub q cypionate injections
« on: January 05, 2019, 08:05:40 pm »
Hey guys , Im doing .175ml of cypionate every 2 days , i  just did my first sub q injection  of same , I followed dr John crisler you tube vid and it went well , what should I expect, , there is mixed opinions on sub q , dose any one feel different on sub q and dose it work for everyone that has tried ,  any experience on this would help please ,

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sub q cypionate injections
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 09:04:32 pm »
I'd say the only proven difference between subQ and IM is a somewhat longer half life with subQ. But with every-other-day injections of a long-lived ester like cypionate there should effectively be no difference after a steady state is reached. With either type of injection the testosterone is not separated from the ester until there's absorption into the bloodstream. I'd be skeptical of individual claims that one way or the other "doesn't work." There may be different comfort levels with the injections, and different injection site reactions, but the end result is still testosterone in your blood.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 09:04:32 pm »

HRT Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 01:34:25 pm »
The first and last thing with SQ injections was the use of much smaller needles. Anything else like absorption, aromatase and the like is purely subjective to the individual guy. There's no compelling reason to use one or the other besides your comfort with the needle size(s).

HRD LVN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 03:28:22 pm »
Hey guys , Im doing .175ml of cypionate every 2 days , i  just did my first sub q injection  of same , I followed dr John crisler you tube vid and it went well , what should I expect, , there is mixed opinions on sub q , dose any one feel different on sub q and dose it work for everyone that has tried ,  any experience on this would help please ,
You mean the video where he stabs himself in the ab muscle and calls that sub-Q.
Then he removed the syringe and the blood started flowing down his stomach while he keeps talking? I had to stop watching.
I am surprised anyone would want to try subQ after watching that. I can't believe he kept that video up on YT.
I lost all respect after watching it.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 03:28:22 pm »

Tyce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 06:29:27 pm »
I get that it was not a good example but I got some good info from it, I also did the first clean sub q the way he said without any issues , and previous trys it left a limp or a bruise , , no trauma no lump , I did it better than his example

Tyce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 06:33:41 pm »
Sub q is suppose to be better for e2 ,,, has anyone had opposite effect ? Did anyone not feel good on sub q

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 07:04:55 pm »
Sub q is suppose to be better for e2 ,...

Pretty much a myth, except perhaps with relatively infrequent injections, where hormonal peaks might be a little lower. Otherwise, testosterone esters do not aromatize. No matter where you inject them, they must get into the bloodstream before anything useful happens. In the blood, esterase frees the testosterone, which can then migrate to tissues containing the aromatase enzyme.

However, subQ does make it easy to inject small doses often, and this generally will create less estradiol than larger doses taken less often.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Tyce

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 01:14:12 am »
So the frequent injections in the quad every 2 days with a slin pin seams to keep estrodial low , but the sub q the other day defiantly did not feel as good as I/m , and first time in ages I had a tender type Estrogen affect in left chest nipple , if anything the sub q seamed  to maybe not release as quick , I took a dose of arimidex and the irritation went away , it may be a case of my body getting used to sub q, but I think I will try another time , ,

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 03:00:58 am »
Subq has been great for me. Ive been doing it for 2-3 years.  I did a small experiment about 3 years ago. I did the same exact amount IM for 6 weeks and then switched to subq. I lost 4-6 pounds of what I believe to be water weight by switching to subq. Anyways subq has been good for me. 

Tyce

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 01:34:35 am »
Did u feel any different in the first week or so swapping to subq from I/m

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 07:55:25 am »
Mostly minimal but better.  Losing a few pounds always helps. When I did that I was injecting every 3 days. E3d.   I have since been doing shots every other day. EOD. That was the best thing Ive done for my trt protocol.

For what its worth I do .12ml of T shot EOD.  Then I do about 125iu of hcg every other day.  I inject on separate days so I inject every day subq in my stomach.

This keeps me feeling real steady and even.  Best thing I ever did.  Hope that helps

jtpntx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 08:53:51 am »
I just started a couple of weeks ago. Been off TRT for 3 years or so.
I have always IM'd in the the thigh and never had any trouble except for random anxiety attacks lol. This time though, wow I was sore big time for a week.
The following week I half'd it and that was better.

Now though Im trying the subq and set my calendar for every 3 days and backing off to 150mg. The reason....My nipples are shooting flames out of them. Im not fat and I dont have moobs. I even have small nipps but they are standing at attention and very sore/tender. GF is all over them :) so now I know what she really likes.

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 11:08:13 am »
jtp i laughed reading your post.  haha  i first started out doing 200mg IM every other week.  It was horrific!! My estradiol was through the roof.  I had no clue what i was doing until PeakT helped me out.  uggghhh rough times.  I personally think most new trt peeps should start at 40mg twice a week for 4-6 weeks then get labs done.  its easier to start low and work up.  still laughing   

yogi300

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 11:50:30 am »
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but been on TRT for almost 3 years.  I tried the creams briefly at first (shitty results and constant paranoia about spreading to wife/kids), then went to testopel for about 18 months, before going IM cypionate for just over a year (best results with Cypionate compared to the others (initially weekly IM and switched to twice weekly IM). 

I just switched to Subq EOD which is hands down the best IMO.  I did have a not so goo experience with injecting at 90 degrees in my belly (no pinching) (27g 1/2" insulin needle).  I'm pretty lean and believe I may have hit muscle trying to go next to my navel. 

I searched around for info on injecting love handles just cause there seemed to be a bit more fat there, and the info online was very limited beyond some random forum posts.  I wanted to share for anyone else with this issue, that the love handle injections have been completely painless, easy to do, and leave no linger pain or lump with zero bleeding or oil leakage.  I went in at a bit of angle to ensure I was in fat, due to minimal body fat. 

The big advantage for me with subq is I can inject EOD using the easy touch syring without concern of running out early due to loss in the syringe.  My doc is great, but just not up to speed on subq and the whole more frequent small dose thing, so this keeps my levels even and ensures I don't run out early.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 12:06:13 pm »
I just switched to Subq EOD which is hands down the best IMO.  ...

Glad that's working out for you. When Androgel failed me, information from this site led me to go with subQ injections EOD, and I've been doing it that way ever since.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 12:06:13 pm »