Quantcast

Author Topic: Friend's Testosterone is 780 ng/dL  (Read 1385 times)

ADHDandOCD

Friend's Testosterone is 780 ng/dL
« on: January 19, 2019, 05:48:08 pm »
My college friend who is a wrestler and plays football had his testosterone checked amongst other things and he found out his testosterone was 780 ng/dL yet he doesn't take TRT or anything.  He lifts weights a lot and has a pretty high protein diet, yet he drinks sometimes and maintains those levels.  I am so jealous!  Does anyone else have friends or people they know who are just blessed with relatively high testosterone?  He's actually older than me, but he was adopted and his parents are from Columbia, so he has family from South America and parents whom he's not met. 

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 05:50:11 pm by ADHDandOCD »

oldolylifter

• View Profile
Re: Friend's Testosterone is 780 ng/dL
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:15:04 pm »
Given the personal details you related, not surprised.  Also, I think most guys with test that high arenít not getting checked for low T.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:15:04 pm »

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:47:36 pm »
Yeah, true that. 

sportguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:55:09 pm »
My college friend who is a wrestler and plays football had his testosterone checked amongst other things and he found out his testosterone was 780 ng/dL yet he doesn't take TRT or anything.  He lifts weights a lot and has a pretty high protein diet, yet he drinks sometimes and maintains those levels.  I am so jealous!  Does anyone else have friends or people they know who are just blessed with relatively high testosterone?  He's actually older than me, but he was adopted and his parents are from Columbia, so he has family from South America and parents whom he's not met.

How old he is? And how old are you?

From what I know with and healthy life style you could be able to keep you T high also when you get old.

Anyway Iím 28 my T level is around 800-900-1050 naturally. I play sport and have a healthy lifestyle.

What is your T level? Do you play any sport?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:55:09 pm »

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 09:55:43 pm »
well i lift weights, healthy diet and have extremely low test :(

sportguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 09:59:23 pm »

1) What is your age?

2) What is your T level?

3) Describe your healthy diet

4) Describe your weekly lift training program

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 10:03:32 pm »
Hey Sport, I know you didn't ask me this but I thought I'd write my own answers to your questions you asked the other individual.
I'm 23 years old.  My last testosterone was 408 ng/dL at 8:30 in the morning.  I can't remember exactly when I had it checked but it was towards the later part of last year.  My diet is not healthy right now, so I don't feel the desire to write all the stuff I'm eating but if you must know pop tarts, hershey bars, pizza, tacos, chicken and rice meals with some peppers, occasionally fruit but i hate fruit to be honest except maybe some grapes or bananas now and then (maybe some apple and caramel as well).  Umm, I eat special K bars quite a bit because I have issues with constipation all the time and usually eat a lot of Planter's trail nuts for men that have walnuts, almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc. 

I am not lifting much right now, but I actually just restarted today.  I have been a lot more consistent with exercise in the past and actually prefer cardio more than a lot of people do from a personal preference standpoint, but I have gotten out of that phase some as I've gotten older. 

1) What is your age? 

2) What is your T level?

[/quote]

sportguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 10:12:56 pm »
Hey Sport, I know you didn't ask me this but I thought I'd write my own answers to your questions you asked the other individual.
I'm 23 years old.  My last testosterone was 408 ng/dL at 8:30 in the morning.  I can't remember exactly when I had it checked but it was towards the later part of last year.  My diet is not healthy right now, so I don't feel the desire to write all the stuff I'm eating but if you must know pop tarts, hershey bars, pizza, tacos, chicken and rice meals with some peppers, occasionally fruit but i hate fruit to be honest except maybe some grapes or bananas now and then (maybe some apple and caramel as well).  Umm, I eat special K bars quite a bit because I have issues with constipation all the time and usually eat a lot of Planter's trail nuts for men that have walnuts, almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc. 

I am not lifting much right now, but I actually just restarted today.  I have been a lot more consistent with exercise in the past and actually prefer cardio more than a lot of people do from a personal preference standpoint, but I have gotten out of that phase some as I've gotten older. 

1) What is your age? 

2) What is your T level?

[/quote]

Both you or him it is fine if I can help.

So you arenít training right now?

You know that cardio sucks for T?

ďHealthy dietĒ has a different meaning for everyone. You know that for producing T your body needs Cholesterol and saturated fats? Like eggs yalks, meat fat, butter?

There was -and for some there is- this wrong belief that cholesterol is bad so they consider healthy diet a fat free diet, while your balls need cholesterol (from diet) to produce T.

Did you check your Vitamin D level?

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 10:15:11 pm »

1) What is your age? 

2) What is your T level?

Both you or him it is fine if I can help.

So you arenít training right now?

You know that cardio sucks for T?

ďHealthy dietĒ has a different meaning for everyone. You know that for producing T your body needs Cholesterol and saturated fats? Like eggs yalks, meat fat, butter?

There was -and for some there is- this wrong belief that cholesterol is bad so they consider healthy diet a fat free diet, while your balls need cholesterol (from diet) to produce T.

Did you check your Vitamin D level?
[/quote]

People just tend to dislike cardio because it tends to elevate cortisol.  Not all cardio is created equal :)  I haven't had my vitamin D checked ever in my entire life.  I've asked and most doctors just tell me to get enough of it and then don't worry about testing it, but just make sure to get an adequate amount.  I also eat peanut butter a fair bit and some cheese now and again, but I'm trying to focus more on plant versus dairy and meat... and I know, I'm failing at that right now lol. 

Like I said earlier, my diet isn't great and I know it's easy to rip it up and tell me how bad it is but I already know that haha.  I am a very preoccupied college student so at the current time I am honestly focusing on a lot of other areas of life albeit testosterone and diet is super important :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:18:53 pm by ADHDandOCD »

sportguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 10:32:30 pm »
Here are my thoughts:

1) Peanuts (and their butter) are bad for T. You said before you are having and healthy diet. Than you said it isnít healthy and you have troubles with constipation. So you donít have definitely an good diet. Diet is important for T production.

2) Cardio doesnít help T production like an heavy squat 5x5 session, or MMA, Crossfit or . Also Heavy squat skyrockets your cortisol, but after it since your body needs to recover from the shock produce more muscles tissues and strength. Brain orders to balls to produce more T since T is responsible for muscles synthesis and strength. Thatís why weights = boost T, the same with MMA or football.

3) Vitamin D is very important for Testosterone production. You never checked it and you even donít care about it...

In conclusion: your diet is bad not only for T production but even for health, your training is not pro T, you do not take helpful supplements for T. Then you complain about low T? :o
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:37:12 pm by sportguy »

sportguy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 10:41:53 pm »

They right sentence would be: well I donít lift weights, unhealthy diet and have extremely low test :(

ADHDandOCD

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 10:52:00 pm »
Here are my thoughts:

1) Peanuts (and their butter) are bad for T. You said before you are having and healthy diet. Than you said it isnít healthy and you have troubles with constipation. So you donít have definitely an good diet. Diet is important for T production.

2) Cardio doesnít help T production like an heavy squat 5x5 session, or MMA, Crossfit or . Also Heavy squat skyrockets your cortisol, but after it since your body needs to recover from the shock produce more muscles tissues and strength. Brain orders to balls to produce more T since T is responsible for muscles synthesis and strength. Thatís why weights = boost T, the same with MMA or football.

Well, I have primary central idiopathic hypogonadism so my pituitary does not function well and is why my FSH and LH are often lower.  So, peanut butter is bad for testosterone and yet meat and dairy are considered bad if you ask my doctor who is a licensed nutritionist on top of being a psychiatrist.  I agree with you, but I'm trying to get at the fact that no matter what you eat or drink there really is no perfect diet that fits everyone across the entire world. 

3) Vitamin D is very important for Testosterone production. You never checked it and you even donít care about it...

In conclusion: your diet is bad not only for T production but even for health, your training is not pro T, you do not take helpful supplements for T. Then you complain about low T? :o

Lol I do take supplements and I don't even know what pro T is that you're talking about.  Also, I didn't list a lot of what I consume for foods and drinks, so I don't get why you said I'm complaining about low T? 

sportguy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 11:19:40 pm »
Here are my thoughts:

Well, I have primary central idiopathic hypogonadism so my pituitary does not function well and is why my FSH and LH are often lower.  So, peanut butter is bad for testosterone and yet meat and dairy are considered bad if you ask my doctor who is a licensed nutritionist on top of being a psychiatrist.  I agree with you, but I'm trying to get at the fact that no matter what you eat or drink there really is no perfect diet that fits everyone across the entire world. 

Lol I do take supplements and I don't even know what pro T is that you're talking about.  Also, I didn't list a lot of what I consume for foods and drinks, so I don't get why you said I'm complaining about low T?

I did confuse answer from Redtrack and you. Not a big deal.

Anyway if you have low T things to do are approx. the same for both.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:35:16 pm by sportguy »

sportguy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 11:26:42 pm »
Here are my thoughts:

Who said that meat is bad for health?? If a doctor said that change doctor! Doctors I know consider meat one of the best protein source, like it is.

As for dairy it depends if you can tolerate them.

Who said there is a perfect diet for everyone?

About diet I only said that your body for producting T needs a lot of cholesterol from diet.  So if you donít eat cholesterol your body doesnít have bricks for building T. That is true for everyone and that is very far away to tell ďperfect diet for everyoneĒ.

Anyway give advices I trying to help, everyone is free to do what he prefers to do or to believe what he wants. I donít need to convince anyone. I enjoy my natural 1.000 T level, I eat cholesterol, I have high d vitamin level and do take useful supplements, that is already fine for me.

If you are already on TRT, advices for boosting T production are not helpful. Thatís why I asked that.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:43:48 pm by sportguy »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 03:22:14 am »
About diet I only said that your body for producting T needs a lot of cholesterol from diet.  So if you donít eat cholesterol your body doesnít have bricks for building T. ...

This is not correct. Our serum cholesterol is basically independent of dietary cholesterol; we manufacture what we need.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)óSHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 03:22:14 am »