Quantcast

Author Topic: estradiol and bone loss  (Read 950 times)

Redrak

• View Profile
estradiol and bone loss
« on: January 19, 2019, 06:59:05 pm »
so my estradiol is at 5 while total T at 2.10 and free T 1.8 (both are low). i read from another thread that low estradiol may cause bone loss? how exactly can i check if im losing bone ? I’m not on trt. still figuring out why i have low T

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: estradiol and bone loss
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:42:20 pm »
Get a DEXA scan. When I was hypogonadal I had a scan showing borderline osteopenia. After a year of TRT a subsequent scan showed normal bone density.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:42:20 pm »

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:52:30 pm »
Get a DEXA scan. When I was hypogonadal I had a scan showing borderline osteopenia. After a year of TRT a subsequent scan showed normal bone density.

thanks a lot! did you experience any pain before trt due to osteopenia?
also how on earth do i have such low estradiol while not taking any medication.

diet:

protein: chicken salmon ground beef eggs
carbs: rice, potato, sweet potato pasta oats bread
veggies: carrots broc**** cauliflour onion spinach
fruits: papaya strawberry banana and avocado (50 grams to be exact)
fats: pb coconut oil butter (natural) cheese cashews and avocado

breakfast:

oats, eggs (styr fried), coffee

lunch: pasta with chicken and cheese or rice with chicken and spinach.

dinner: either sweet potato or red potato with salmon or ground beef and 2-3 servings of veggies

before bed: 4 slices of bread, banana, papaya, strawberry, pb and some cashews.

macros:

protein: 155
carbs: 380
fats: around 95

6'2'' weight 154
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 09:57:48 pm by Redrak »

sportguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 10:04:51 pm »

diet:

breakfast:

dinner: either sweet potato or red potato with salmon or ground beef and 2-3 servings of veggies

macros:

6'2'' weight 154

Man you eat a BUNCH of carbs. How old are you?

As for bone density did you check your Vitamin D level?

Are you taking K2 vitamin in Mk7 form?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 10:04:51 pm »

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:07:58 pm »

diet:

breakfast:

macros:

6'2'' weight 154

hehe yeah im doing full body 3 days per week. 26 atm.
yup vit d is normal range. not taking any supps or medications.

sportguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 10:19:35 pm »

diet:

breakfast:

macros:

6'2'' weight 154

EVERYONE should take at least Vitamin D, Vitamin K, magnesium and Omega 3.

You MUST take at least Vitamin D + vitamin K and Magnesium if you have bone density issues.

Check your blood vitamin D level 25 OH. It should be around 60-80 ng/ml.

I take 200 mg of magnesium citrate water suluble powered before bed. Some take 400 mg, some even more. I found my right dosage at 200mg.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 03:11:05 am »
... did you experience any pain before trt due to osteopenia?

No pain, except for the not-so-subtle hint of three rib fractures in three years. Later on I did take bone health supplements along with TRT to ensure the raw materials were there. However, I would not push serum vitamin D over 50 ng/dL: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Dangers_High_Vitamin-D.aspx

Your low estradiol could be due to the combination of low testosterone and naturally low aromatase activity. If it's only one test result then it should be confirmed with another.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 07:15:17 pm »

diet:

breakfast:

macros:

6'2'' weight 154

EVERYONE should take at least Vitamin D, Vitamin K, magnesium and Omega 3.

You MUST take at least Vitamin D + vitamin K and Magnesium if you have bone density issues.

Check your blood vitamin D level 25 OH. It should be around 60-80 ng/ml.

I take 200 mg of magnesium citrate water suluble powered before bed. Some take 400 mg, some even more. I found my right dosage at 200mg.

you asked about my diet age, etc and here it is! what do you think?

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 07:20:47 pm »
... did you experience any pain before trt due to osteopenia?

No pain, except for the not-so-subtle hint of three rib fractures in three years. Later on I did take bone health supplements along with TRT to ensure the raw materials were there. However, I would not push serum vitamin D over 50 ng/dL: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Dangers_High_Vitamin-D.aspx

Your low estradiol could be due to the combination of low testosterone and naturally low aromatase activity. If it's only one test result then it should be confirmed with another.

my estrogen was 14 before this one. t ranges both from 180-280 ish i wonder what happens if i stop training completely. i only train 3 days per week what if im putting too much stress in my body + the outside gym stress? “what if” i decide to stop training and focus on the other life stressors? wonder where my t will end up. however, maybe my diet is to blame? shbg 56 lh 2.1 from 2.0-7 if i remember while fsh 1.9 from 2.1-8 (i dont remember well the range but i know it was lower than normal) maybe i should drop peanut butter or carbs? the thing is, if i drop carbs my shbg might go up since low normal carbs increases shbg i was wondering maybe eliminating peanut butter (my fav) and bread. still dont do any e2 activity that i know off. maybe if i gain weight ill increase e2 + t?

jacob2001

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 07:38:53 pm »
Redrak, lowering carbs may lower fat and make estrogen production even harder. What body type are you....lean and low fat or normal? Id stick with a healthy balanced diet with good quality carbs, fats and proteins and fibre and also supplements such as zinc, vitamin b complex (including b3), vitamin d as well as some calcium and magnesium and see if your numbers improve. if not go for TRT.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:40:48 pm by jacob2001 »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 08:12:15 pm »
Sorry to appear pessimistic, but with numbers like those and a decent lifestyle already it's unlikely that simple diet and exercise adjustments will give enough improvement. Of course a healthy lifestyle is important, regardless. If you end up on TRT then you still need to be healthy overall to maximize benefits from it.

HRD LVN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 08:34:10 pm »
@Redrak,
If I were you(@your age) I would look into finding a doc that would prescribe Clomiphene.

Clomid for men is used when a low sperm count is caused by low testosterone levels. In some men, a low sperm count is caused by a low testosterone level. Clomid binds to receptors in the brain to increase the production of follicle stimulating hormone, FSH(sperm), and luteinizing hormone, LH(Test). If your balls are still working this will turn them on. If they are broken like mine it will do nothing. But Hea, it's worth a try. That is all we can do is keep trying until we get it figured out. If you rely only on doctors in your area you may never find an answer.

Hope that helps
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:10:17 pm by HRD LVN »

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 09:44:36 pm »
Redrak, lowering carbs may lower fat and make estrogen production even harder. What body type are you....lean and low fat or normal? Id stick with a healthy balanced diet with good quality carbs, fats and proteins and fibre and also supplements such as zinc, vitamin b complex (including b3), vitamin d as well as some calcium and magnesium and see if your numbers improve. if not go for TRT.

hello! well i was wondering maybe lowering carbs BUT upping fats, the thing is, i lose weight fast (i dont truly know why) so if i up fats ill be over 100 grams bulking and sounds weird. well my weight 155 and height 62'' might say it all. yeah im around 13% bf lean. i have a healthy balanced diet already filling almost all nutrients. i did took vit d (4k) and magnesium (around 450) daily and did not saw improvements (if i remember correctly) in fact, first time i saw my t it was total 280 while free 319 that was one lab from like 10 i already took raging from 180 ish to 319 ish. im trying to find the real cause before trt at my age and with random protocols. wouldn't like to touch private yet.

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 09:46:35 pm »
Sorry to appear pessimistic, but with numbers like those and a decent lifestyle already it's unlikely that simple diet and exercise adjustments will give enough improvement. Of course a healthy lifestyle is important, regardless. If you end up on TRT then you still need to be healthy overall to maximize benefits from it.

no worries my friend. neurologist told me my pituitary issue was not the problem and i had to see an endo. so im still trying to figure out whats wrong... :( living like this is no good lol.

Redrak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 09:48:47 pm »
@Redrak,
If I were you(@your age) I would look into finding a doc that would prescribe Clomiphene.

Clomid for men is used when a low sperm count is caused by low testosterone levels. In some men, a low sperm count is caused by a low testosterone level. Clomid binds to receptors in the brain to increase the production of follicle stimulating hormone, FSH(sperm), and luteinizing hormone, LH(Test). If your balls are still working this will turn them on. If they are broken like mine it will do nothing. But Hea, it's worth a try. That is all we can do is keep trying until we get it figured out. If you rely only on doctors in your area you may never find an answer.

Hope that helps

why endos stopped giving clomid? i saw one endo who told me she does not use clomid... what? right now i have no sperm when eyaculating. what if i want to freeze my sperms? im actually going to ask that. also it seems my endo wants to do some sort of weird cortisol test that i need to stay there for hours taking blood. i wanted to check GnRH TO CHECK if im secundary?

my lh and fsh are both low end. would that mean is my pituitary and not my testis? lastly, yes you say if i keep relying for docs in my area, do you mean i should travel out to seek better docs? i was wondering going for boston or florida for mayo clinics. but im exhausting everything my endo (hospital here where i live) says so she might send me there.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:52:51 pm by Redrak »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 09:48:47 pm »