Quantcast

Author Topic: I quit coffee for 2 months, heres what happened  (Read 4311 times)

ADHDandOCD

Re: I quit coffee for 2 months, heres what happened
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2019, 07:49:22 pm »
If you fall in the 85% of adult population, above 22 y.o. You probably drink coffee.
You might even read that coffee is food and itís good for you.
I drank coffee all my life, since 19 until 42. In the last 5 years I was exausted, depressed, low libido, etc.
i didnt know what was happening and my life was great either way.
My blood tests were all good, inflammatory panels, liver, urine etc. by I wasnt okay.
My symptoms were:
Lack of energy in the morning
Low libido
Lost of interest
Some sadness
Back pains
Etc

Most doctors tried to put me on an ssri or other drugs. I didnt accept it.
After reading some articles I went to test all my body nutrients and the results were:
(By the way I consider my diet, a good diet)
I had:
Low thiamine levels
Low b6 levels
Low b9 levels 5
Low b12 levels 400
Low vitamin D
Low vitamin E
Low manganese
Low chromium
Low selenium.

When I got the results I couldnt believe.
I eat meat, liver, fatty fish, seafood, some algae, roe, whole grains, milk, seeds etc.

After some research I stumbled in the diuretics effects of coffee. I am not going to lie, I used to drink 4 to 6 expressos per day, after breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner etc. And tea here and there

I read a lot about the coffee intake and the excrection of nutrients and absorption regarding coffee. Thiamine, zinc, b6, b9, selenium, etc. also the homocysteine effects by coffee.

One day, I quit.
I had massive headaches and eye aches for 5 days, muscle pain for 6 days, irritability, etc.
by week 5 I felt a new guy. 60% improvement.
No pains, relaxed, happy.

Coffee is a very complex food. It has thousands of substances. Acids, caffeine, xanthines, etc , etc.

You can read about coffee and its side effects in a lot of sites, on short term and long term use.

I didnt change anything in my diet. I just quit coffee.
Heres what happened:

I got much more calm and relaxed
I felt much more body heat ans warmness, hands, feet, core
Much better skin, glow, etc
Better sleep. I took 1 hour to fall asleep, now its 5 minutes
Less anxious
5x more libido
Sperm quantity increased 400%
More strenght in muscles
Better urine, clear urine
Better digestions, no acid sensation
Better breath
No stomach pains
End of nightmares. I used to have 1 nightmare per week
Less rumination
Much more happier
I smile more
Much more nice to other people.
No crankyness
I feel more freedom
My heart beat came down to 58 instead of 80
My BP went down to 12/6 instead of 14/7
I have much more vasodilation in hands, wrists and feet
I poop everyday with soft feces and no straining
Leg spasms gone
I am gaining much more muscle mass and definition
My orgasms are much more intense
Body pains gone
Headaches gone, i havent a lot of it but occasionaly I got one
Back pain gone
I had some wrinkles in eyes which are disappering or getting better
I feel loosen up
In peace with the world.

Isnt this amazing? I just removed one food from my diet.

Why this happened?
My conclusion is, coffee is a poison. It leeches out nutrients from the body, magnesium, zinc, b vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients.
It increases stress, makes you tense. When you re tense you got pains
It takes away your sleep and deep sleep REM, to repair.
It lowers the immune system.
It has a lot of cross reactions if you take any drugs, medicines, etc
It leeches out b6 b12 and specially B1.
Have you ever heard about the modern beri-beri symptoms? Itís amazing.
Coffee is a anti-thiamine substance. Also tea.
If you drink coffee everyday, you have B1 deficiency or borderline deficiency.
B1 is what makes your krebs cycle moving to generate ATP. Coffee sooner or later leads you to mitochondria dysfunction. I think thats why Ingot much more muscle strenght and muscle mass when I quit the poison.

It kills you slowly basically.

Tell a coffee lover to quit coffee. It might be as hard as quit smoking.
Even today I miss my coffee. I might drink again but not on a daily basis. One a week or two per month. No more.

I hope this post helps someone here.

Best

Umm, I can drop hardcore Rx stimulants at high doses like it's nobody's business but I am extremely tolerant to stimulants.  I do notice a lot of benefit from stopping caffeine consumption and stimulants, but honestly, I never stay off stimulants.  I am chronically plagued by hyperactive and inattentive ADHD symptoms and even dropped out of college from it at a point.  I've been distracted enough that if I have to I will take some stimulants, but I'm definitely agreeing with you that I see an enormous benefit not being on those things. 

Think of this way, stimulants are somewhat like cardio chemically-speaking and they often deplete us of an array of electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, etc. and low and behold so does intense exercise. 

bkb333

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2019, 01:03:28 pm »
This thread is fascinating. I read through all of it yesterday and have been reflecting on the insights youíve shared. I have been debating the pros/cons of coffee myself for a good while now, so it's super helpful to read about your (very positive) experience.

As you mentioned, nearly all of the material from health/fitness pros these days indicates coffee is amazing (anti-cancer properties, caffeine boosts workouts, etc!). But there's no doubt in my mind that it also can cause problems -- anxiety, joint pain, reduced gains, and more. That may especially be true for someone who consumes excessively, like me; I drink 5-6 cups a day.

I would not be surprised if cutting out coffee completely, or at least reducing it dramatically, solved many of my issues.

I am on a cut until my honeymoon in early March, and I'm using up my mental fortitude on that. It's unrealistic and often detrimental to try to make too many dramatic changes at one time (see "Willpower" by Roy Baumeister). Once I reach my desired bodyfat %, I will begin Operation Eliminate Coffee. I'll lower my coffee consumption, decreasing it with the help of half-caf and tea until it is nonexistent. Iíll report back to let everyone know how it goes.

I should also note that I did eliminate coffee last year for 3 weeks as part of the Elimination Diet. I did not notice any benefits ó and of course had a difficult withdrawal experience ó but Iím guessing that wasnít a long-enough trial period to really offer any useful results.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:36:04 pm by bkb333 »
High SHBG guy
27 YO, 6'2", 172 lbs, 11.5% BF
50 mg T-cyp cream (daily), 25mg Ibutamoren (daily), 300 IU hCG (2x week)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2019, 01:03:28 pm »

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2019, 01:41:09 pm »
What a great thread!!  I am tapering off clonazepam and my sleep has been horrible. I drink 3-4 cups a day and have a cup after dinner about 6pm.  As of yesterday I have cut my last cup.  Already noticed a minor improvement. I will have my last cup ny noon during the work week and maybe a bit later on the weekends.  Thanks for all the real life  experiences shared here!! 

bkb333

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2019, 04:42:18 am »
What a great thread!!  I am tapering off clonazepam and my sleep has been horrible. I drink 3-4 cups a day and have a cup after dinner about 6pm.  As of yesterday I have cut my last cup.  Already noticed a minor improvement. I will have my last cup ny noon during the work week and maybe a bit later on the weekends.  Thanks for all the real life  experiences shared here!!

That will definitely mess up sleep. As much as I consume (and it's a lot), I always make sure to end it relatively early in the day (~2 p.m.). Ending even earlier (like you said, around noon) would be better. Keep us posted on your experiences!
High SHBG guy
27 YO, 6'2", 172 lbs, 11.5% BF
50 mg T-cyp cream (daily), 25mg Ibutamoren (daily), 300 IU hCG (2x week)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2019, 04:42:18 am »