Quantcast

Author Topic: Mail blood test - accuracy? timing important? better UK provider?  (Read 107 times)

R2D2

• View Profile
Hi all,

I came across a website that asks to 'mail order' blood samples. Has anyone used such a service at all? I am hesitant as i don't know whether I will be able to effectively check 'peak' and 'trough' values very well using this method. Do values decrease in a blood sample over time or do they remain static once blood is drawn from the body?

Here is the site that I'm looking at, and particularly this series of tests: https://www.medichecks.com/testosterone-blood-tests/trt-check-plus-testosterone-replacement-therapy 

Thanks

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mail blood test - accuracy? timing important? better UK provider?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 06:47:11 am »
In the U.S., ZRT Labs is a reputable mail-in service. So it is possible to get tested this way. You should try to find some unbiased reviews of the particular lab you'll be using.

As for the blood samples, the hormone levels shouldn't change much after collection until too much time has passed and they start degrading. Any good lab will have run tests to gain an understanding of the maximum time possible between sample collection and testing. Storage conditions matter—it may be that there's less time in the summer months.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 06:47:11 am »

R2D2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:13:37 pm »
In the U.S., ZRT Labs is a reputable mail-in service. So it is possible to get tested this way. You should try to find some unbiased reviews of the particular lab you'll be using.

As for the blood samples, the hormone levels shouldn't change much after collection until too much time has passed and they start degrading. Any good lab will have run tests to gain an understanding of the maximum time possible between sample collection and testing. Storage conditions matter—it may be that there's less time in the summer months.

Thanks Cataceous

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:13:37 pm »