Quantcast

Author Topic: how was your sleep pre-trt?  (Read 712 times)

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how was your sleep pre-trt?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2019, 01:36:35 pm »
Now my question is why is the half life longer sith subQ?  If using the same carrier oil.  Does it just take longer for blood flow through fat than muscle?

This would be my guess as well. There's probably more vasculature in the muscles than in the subcutaneous fat. Of course we could also speculate about a kinematic contribution: muscles move, after all, and maybe a continuing disturbance of the injected depot contributes to absorption.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

OptimumT

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2019, 06:16:29 pm »
The is purely anecdotal, but I've seen a lot of people on Reddit lately say that their e2 rose when switching to SubQ. Have any of you noticed this? I thought that was initially a concern quite a few years ago but turned out not to be true, but I'm reading a lot of people say it really is. Or maybe it's variable according to the individual?

Which reddit are you following for HRT?

All the research I've done, including women on hCG and more generally animal models comparing subq to IM injections of whatever substance, has indicated what C mentioned: longer half life coinciding with a lower peak and smoother overall curve.

I'm following r/Testosterone/, not the steroid one. I remember seeing at least three comments where people said estradiol went down after switching to  SubQ. I wonder if injecting everyday would render  the half-life moot. ?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2019, 06:16:29 pm »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 07:25:19 pm »
.... I wonder if injecting everyday would render  the half-life moot. ?

In a way: daily injections of longer esters, say enanthate and longer, would yield relatively little variation in serum testosterone. Nonetheless, when switching between esters you would still see fluctuations unless there were temporary adjustments in the dosing. Shorter testosterone esters, such as propionate and acetate, would have different patterns of daily variability, even in steady-state.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

OptimumT

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 07:45:54 pm »
I would think when switching, it could be done gradually, if injecting frequently enough. Maybe every other injection for a time? I recently switched, but want to see if I notice a difference, so I'm not doing it that way.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 07:45:54 pm »