Quantcast

Author Topic: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?  (Read 415 times)

Kierkegaard

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3606
  • Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:57:22 pm »
I'm not a boozer, but lately since I've been feeling better (thanks to 1500 mg of potassium bicarbonate per day given my barely hypokalemic/low potassium blood levels, as well as 500 mg of phenylalanine, the amino acid that becomes dopamine and norepinephrine) I've been getting more social, and since I'm basically divorced and have lots of free time, I've drank basically more in the last week (two occasions) than I have in the past 4-5 years.

I don't plan on making this a habit.  Nelson Vergel points out how chronic alcohol use can elevate estrogen levels, and I've seen studies to confirm this, such as one that points out that women who consumed over 15 grams of alcohol per day had a 26% elevation in estradiol; other studies I've seen were animal studies and showed similar trends. 

I know the answer is "stop drinking so much," and I plan on doing that if not cutting it out entirely.  The other possibility is that since all the drinks have been beers that my likely sensitivity to gluten has been causing difficulties as well.  I am planning on hanging out soon and will drastically reduce my alcohol intake and try clear liquor like vodka if the urge hits me to try and control for this confound. 

Anyone have experience with this? 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:07:30 pm by Kierkegaard »
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression.aspx

HRD LVN

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 450
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 11:31:27 pm »
I have blood work in for my Defy 6 month checkup so I will be able to tell you something along those lines. I don't drink well I use to not drink.
Recently I have had some anxiety and I can not identify the triggers. I have benzos from back in 2016 when I needed them but they scare me to death. So I found bourbon whiskey pretty much does the same thing. For the past 4 months I consume 4-6 oz of 80 proof every night just to go to bed and hope my anxiety does not strike. 98 % of the time it works. The other 2 % I take a benzo and stay up playing video games until 3am then I am exhausted enough.

Dam sorry for the book I got carried away.
My protocol has been stable for two years. If my E2 has risen it will because I have added a crap load of whiskey. I have made no other changes in my life other than I am two years older(65).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:33:53 pm by HRD LVN »

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 11:31:27 pm »


Sean Mosher

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 450
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 12:55:13 pm »
I don't do well with beers either (most likely the wheat/gluten).
Would be interesting to see how you do otherwise.............Vodka seems like it's the easiest on me, then rum, then whiskey.
I limit myself to 2 if I'm partaking and don't have any issues.
Patient Liaison
http://www.PrimeBody.com (CODE: PEAKTVIP for 10% Discount)
[Site Sponsor]

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Kierkegaard

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3606
  • Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 01:33:15 pm »
I don't do well with beers either (most likely the wheat/gluten).
Would be interesting to see how you do otherwise.............Vodka seems like it's the easiest on me, then rum, then whiskey.
I limit myself to 2 if I'm partaking and don't have any issues.

I thought wheat and gluten as well, then looked it up and beers have mg levels of gluten whereas bread has g levels, and I don't experience anything close with bread as I did with beer.

I think it's an estrogen thing for me.
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression.aspx

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 01:33:15 pm »


Joe Sixpack

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2218
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 08:00:58 pm »
I wish booze would boost my E2.  I am usually on the low side with E2.  Back in 2014 I was on TRT and drinking 5-6 OZ vokda per day and still had E2 less than 20 (and this was the non sensitive test to boot). 

For those that are curious.  Yes that is a lot of drinking.  But I have moved on from it and now have at most 1 oz/month. 
Age: 55, Ht: 5'08", Wt: 155 lbs
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

HRD LVN

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 450
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 09:35:31 pm »
I have blood work in for my Defy 6 month checkup so I will be able to tell you something along those lines. I don't drink well I use to not drink.
Recently I have had some anxiety and I can not identify the triggers. I have benzos from back in 2016 when I needed them but they scare me to death. So I found bourbon whiskey pretty much does the same thing. For the past 4 months I consume 4-6 oz of 80 proof every night just to go to bed and hope my anxiety does not strike. 98 % of the time it works. The other 2 % I take a benzo and stay up playing video games until 3am then I am exhausted enough.

Dam sorry for the book I got carried away.
My protocol has been stable for two years. If my E2 has risen it will because I have added a crap load of whiskey. I have made no other changes in my life other than I am two years older(65).

Well for what its worth I got my blood back and my E2 was high.
I am not sure if that is useful info. I am back in anastrozole for a while since I was not interested in dropping my T dose..

HRD LVN

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 450
    • View Profile

Joe Sixpack

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2218
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 07:35:21 pm »
Have you seen this? I would like your thoughts?
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/12167006_Can_alcohol_promote_aromatization_of_androgens_to_estrogens_A_review

" In male rats, chronic heavy alcohol administration (36% of total calories=12-18 g/kg/day) led to increased aromatization of androgen in the liver"

Yes, alcohol can promote aromatization.  But only if you drink A LOT.  They mentioned that it wasn't clear if moderate drinking would increase aromatization. 

FWIW I was a pretty heavy drinker and still had low E2.
Age: 55, Ht: 5'08", Wt: 155 lbs
Protocol: 25 mg T Cyp + 25 IU HCG M,W,F + 2 clicks T Cream + 15mg DHEA + 15mg Pregnenalone daily.
12/2018 test results: TT: 1054 ng/dL (264-916), FT: 17.2 pg/mL (7.2-24), E2: 21.6 pg/mL sensitive (8.0-35.0)

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: Anyone else get high E2 symptoms from booze?
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 07:35:21 pm »