Quantcast

Author Topic: KETO DIET to Eliminate & Prevent ALL?? types of CANCER  (Read 479 times)

DanMac

• View Profile
KETO DIET to Eliminate & Prevent ALL?? types of CANCER
« on: February 21, 2019, 04:08:36 pm »
Ketosis cancer
The Ketogenic Diet (KD), a high-fat/low-carbohydrate/adequate-protein diet, has recently been proposed as an adjuvant therapy in cancer treatment [1]. ... Furthermore, by reducing blood glucose also levels of insulin and insulin-like growth factor, which are important drivers of cancer cell proliferation, drop.

Original Source here from Pubmed research below, which is ready available from GOOGLE websearch. There is some good stories of people out there.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5842847/

Do you Believe it?????  do you any one from Family or personally who had some form of the BIG C. and put the Disease in REMISSION PERMANTELY by strictly eating all FAT zero carbs & zero SUGAR in Hot drinks Tea/Coffee also.  PURE fat diet just wondering if Cataceous believes this also.

Since it's proven Cancer runs on Glycolysis.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 04:10:07 pm by DanMac »
New protocol,  75mg twice weekly E5D of Sustanon in Deltoids.  27G sized needle.

30+ year old Male

5 foot 9 1/2 tall. current weight 157  pounds, Heaviest Weight 185 Pounds,  BF % unchecked.

Flyingfool

• View Profile
Re: KETO DIET to Eliminate & Prevent ALL?? types of CANCER
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 07:23:15 am »
I have no data specifically that you ask.

However if cancer feeds on sugar, it would seem reasonable that reducing sugar would help “starve” the cancer cells. So elimination of added sugar and minimizing carbs that easily convert to sugar would make sense.

But, the body still converts the fat into glucose. Which is sugar. So there seems to be no way around sugar being available for all cells, including cancer cells.

Elimination of added sugar is simply an overall good thing for your health. Whether keto diet specifically is “the” answer is I believe still debatable.

As far as losing weigh. My mom has recently gone keto. And she cut all the bad stuff oit. She lost a few pounds and then Nothing.  Turns out she needed more water and more fat. When she ADDED fat and more water she began immediately to lose weight. Interesting that ADDING calories actually resulted in LOSING weight.
52 year old, 5’-7” and 165 lbs.
exercise:swim 3x/wk & marrial arts 2x/wk

Blood tested 9/19/18

Total = 580 ng/dL (250-827) 59.9%
Free T= 6.87 (4.6- 22.4) 12.8% (10.8 calc)

SHBG= 39 10.0-50.0) 72.5%

Bio-avail= 14.2 (110-575) 8.0%

DHES =not tested %

Estradiol = 22 (<39)

DHES =231 (38-313) =45.5% tested 2/14/18

Currently on 50mcg Synthroid (T4)
TSH = 0.99
Free T4 = 1.30 (0.80 - 1.80)  =50.0% of range
Free T3 = 3.3 (2.3-4.2) = 52.6% of range
Current protocol: 100mg DIM once per day. Reduction back from 200 mg. For 12 weeks. raised total T, freeT remained basically unchanged due to increases SHBG. Estradiol decrease from 30 to 22. Felt no better and maybe worse than at 100mg DIM so going back starting 9/25/18

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 07:23:15 am »

Gengiskhan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 07:40:15 am »
- Cancers cells need sugar all the time to survive and to grow, they can't use ketones while healthy cells can easily go on ketos (seems also they prefer ketones than sugar) ketones are very good for brain health. Sugar don't mean only sugar from ice cream but all sugar, even from rice, pasta, whole grain and cereals. etc.
- Higher blood sugar is associated with worse cancer prognosis, and high cancer risk (if you don't have it) you don't need a 180 blood sugar level, just few sugar points like from 70 to 90 can increase the risk.
- Ketosis is also associated with less cells damages due to free radicals, it means less aging. Sugar promotes aging trough many mechanisms (free radicals, inflammation, glycation) that are linked with cancer. Starches food also increase insulin, insulin promotes Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) hormone that an anabolic hormone. All these mechanims are linked with cancer risk, many disease and they help cancer to growth.
- A lot of nutritionists suggest to eat whole grain, rice, pasta and avoid "sugar". Those things have the same effect on your body since after you have eaten a whole grain bread it is transformed in sugar (and fat) by your body. Many people don't know that white bread has a higher glycemic index than glucose, and that whole grain bread has approx the same glycemic index of white bread.
- I started ketotis just to try I would never came back to "sugar diet". I do a lot of sport every day. I can lift heavy and gain muscles easy. I don't think carbs are so important for gaining muscles, energy or sport performances. I have more energy without them. I'm 6 foot for 188 lbs. In November I was 169 lbs. I do not take any drugs or T. So 21 pounds of muscles in 3 months without carbs.
- People who still live in ketosis (some tribes from remote zones of africa or jungle) don't have all the medical issues rich countries have. They don't wash they teeth but they don't have cavities, They teeth are perfect without braces, they don't have high blood pressure, cancer, diabetes etc.... I know directly about a lot of teenagers, young adults and even kids to had cancer (and many other diseases). I think it is clear our diet lifestyle are different from right ones. But I didn't know anyone personally who tried keto with a cancer. diagnosis.
- I personally love keto state since it gives you a relaxed and calm mood. You have a lot of energy and and focus. Things you can't have if you run on  carbs.

After these statements are reported many cases of spontaneous cancer remissions due to many things. Sometime just without doing nothing, it may be the simple placebo effect.

For sure if I had that I would stop to eat every can of starches food immediately.  Even my ice cream cheat once in a while.

But is the same old story a lot of people are ill (not only with cancer) but they still eat a lot of junk food, smoke, don't do any sport and have a bad lifestyle....  They prefer to die instead of doing right things.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:00:02 am by Gengiskhan »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 02:02:18 pm »
It's not a totally black-and-white issue. The article cited by DanMac says the technique has promise for many cancer types, but notes that some particular types appear to be stimulated, rather than suppressed, by ketosis.

I personally have no interest in this diet as a purported preventative. I find complex carbohydrates are the best fuel for my sport. I eat a diet based heavily on whole foods, including grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 02:02:18 pm »

Gengiskhan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 02:38:24 pm »
Cancer doesn't need only sugar. But also hormones that promotes cells growth like: insulin and IGF1 that are promotes by carbs. not by fat. Cancer needs also oxidative stress, inflammation, always promote by carbs.... Keto is a low insulin diet, with low oxidative stress and low inflammation. Real keto is approx. 70% fat 20% protein 10% carbs. In other words: Salmon with butter + vegetables with butter + a small portion of fruit.

The other funny thing about keto you can fast for long period without being food dependent. I can easily fast for 2-3 days when you are keto adapted you go on fat so have always fuel. You can also eat one time or 2 times per day (you save time and money). Now I'm in a training a lot so I eat about 2 times per day. when I rest I usually eat 1 time per day, don't need to pass all my time eating (every 2-3 hours) as I used to do.

The only type of cancer that seems didn't get benefits was kidney. So 12 types of cancer got benefits from Keto, while 1 didn't. I can assume is a total victory for keto: standard diet: 1 keto: 13.

Fasting is also very good both for health (physically and mentally) and for many diseases cancer included. Valter Longo (as many others) are pro fasting.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:47:47 pm by Gengiskhan »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 07:14:05 pm »
Cancer doesn't need only sugar. But also hormones that promotes cells growth like: insulin and IGF1 that are promotes by carbs. not by fat. ...

You might think, but:

We observed that serum levels of IGF-1 are positively associated with consumption of redmeats, fats, and oils. In addition, serum levels of IGF-1 are independently and positively associated with energy intake from lipids and negatively associated with energy intake from carbohydrates. ...
http://ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200/jco.1999.17.10.3291

Best advice I've seen about keto dieting:

A ketogenic diet could be an interesting alternative to treat certain conditions, and may accelerate weight loss. But it is hard to follow and it can be heavy on red meat and other fatty, processed, and salty foods that are notoriously unhealthy. We also do not know much about its long-term effects, probably because it’s so hard to stick with that people can’t eat this way for a long time. It is also important to remember that “yo-yo diets” that lead to rapid weight loss fluctuation are associated with increased mortality. Instead of engaging in the next popular diet that would last only a few weeks to months (for most people that includes a ketogenic diet), try to embrace change that is sustainable over the long term. A balanced, unprocessed diet, rich in very colorful fruits and vegetables, lean meats, fish, whole grains, nuts, seeds, olive oil, and lots of water seems to have the best evidence for a long, healthier, vibrant life.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/ketogenic-diet-is-the-ultimate-low-carb-diet-good-for-you-2017072712089
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Gengiskhan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 01:22:31 am »
The study doesn’t matter is not a bout Keto diet. It only says “red meat” “oils” “saturated fat”

If protein are too high (Keto diet 70% fat, 20% protein) body use them to produce glucose with glucongenesis proces. Same thing of eating a cake, white bread or a bowl of rice. So in a real Keto you don’t need to get eat too many proteins otherwise you go out of ketosis. It is a moderate protein diet about 20%. So if in the study is not specified a real Keto diet, we don’t know if people ate carbs + protein or only protein (which dosage) and if they were in Keto state or not.

Is your study about Keto diet or is not specified?

Probably you don’t know what is Keto diet. Do some home work before talking about something you don’t know nothing. Otherwise it doen’t make sense.

The article you put here was written by an idiot. So people who live in remote areas of Africa or jungle that spend their entire life on ketosis? They should be all died? Why they don’t have all diseases that are so common in our society (teeth issues, diabetes, high boood pressure, cancer etc)

Who said that Keto diet is about red meat? And salty and processed foo?

Who said that read meat is harmful?

Read something about Keto diet, about red meat. Then come here to answer otherwise  is like talking with someone who believe that earth is flat because he didn’t go to school.

Anyway sense of thread was clear: cancer needs sugar, Keto diet produce ketones that cancer cells can’t use while healthy cells can. So cancer cells are starved.

Keto diet is not only a diet for cancer. It has been used for about 100 years to treat seizures. And it promotes a healthy living. If you never tried it how you can say is good or bad?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 01:49:42 am by Gengiskhan »

Mr.L

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 08:45:00 am »
The study doesn’t matter is not a bout Keto diet. It only says “red meat” “oils” “saturated fat”

If protein are too high (Keto diet 70% fat, 20% protein) body use them to produce glucose with glucongenesis proces. Same thing of eating a cake, white bread or a bowl of rice. So in a real Keto you don’t need to get eat too many proteins otherwise you go out of ketosis. It is a moderate protein diet about 20%. So if in the study is not specified a real Keto diet, we don’t know if people ate carbs + protein or only protein (which dosage) and if they were in Keto state or not.

Is your study about Keto diet or is not specified?

Probably you don’t know what is Keto diet. Do some home work before talking about something you don’t know nothing. Otherwise it doen’t make sense.

The article you put here was written by an idiot. So people who live in remote areas of Africa or jungle that spend their entire life on ketosis? They should be all died? Why they don’t have all diseases that are so common in our society (teeth issues, diabetes, high boood pressure, cancer etc)

Who said that Keto diet is about red meat? And salty and processed foo?

Who said that read meat is harmful?

Read something about Keto diet, about red meat. Then come here to answer otherwise  is like talking with someone who believe that earth is flat because he didn’t go to school.

Anyway sense of thread was clear: cancer needs sugar, Keto diet produce ketones that cancer cells can’t use while healthy cells can. So cancer cells are starved.

Keto diet is not only a diet for cancer. It has been used for about 100 years to treat seizures. And it promotes a healthy living. If you never tried it how you can say is good or bad?

There isn't really any reason to be so nasty just because you disagree. I think you should focus more on his argument and if you have contradictory evidence provide us with that information. You make these statements but provide no proof to back them up. This kind of argument is unproductive.

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 10:52:24 am »

The article you put here was written by an idiot. ...

There isn't really any reason to be so nasty just because you disagree. I think you should focus more on his argument and if you have contradictory evidence provide us with that information. You make these statements but provide no proof to back them up. This kind of argument is unproductive.

The unpleasant disposition may be familiar as that of a banned member sneaking back in. I was trying to give him another chance, but a lighter trigger this time means he's out again. A leopard and spots and all that...

Testos_16

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 12:53:39 pm »
Cancer doesn't need only sugar. But also hormones that promotes cells growth like: insulin and IGF1 that are promotes by carbs. not by fat. Cancer needs also oxidative stress, inflammation, always promote by carbs.... Keto is a low insulin diet, with low oxidative stress and low inflammation. Real keto is approx. 70% fat 20% protein 10% carbs. In other words: Salmon with butter + vegetables with butter + a small portion of fruit.

The other funny thing about keto you can fast for long period without being food dependent. I can easily fast for 2-3 days when you are keto adapted you go on fat so have always fuel. You can also eat one time or 2 times per day (you save time and money). Now I'm in a training a lot so I eat about 2 times per day. when I rest I usually eat 1 time per day, don't need to pass all my time eating (every 2-3 hours) as I used to do.

The only type of cancer that seems didn't get benefits was kidney. So 12 types of cancer got benefits from Keto, while 1 didn't. I can assume is a total victory for keto: standard diet: 1 keto: 13.

Fasting is also very good both for health (physically and mentally) and for many diseases cancer included. Valter Longo (as many others) are pro fasting.
That is interesting and makes me think that these studies may be after something. By coincidence I just happened to read about energy sources of various organs and it turns out that the kidneys are among the few that actually require glucose. That could be the reason low carb diet does not impact positively kidney cancer.

“The brain mostly burns glucose but it also can run happily on ketone bodies (broken down from fat in the liver). Of the other major organs, the liver and the heart predominantly burn fatty acids. The heart burns only fat, but the liver is metabolically flexible, often utilizing excess protein. Of the minor organs, the kidneys require mostly glucose, as do the eyes and red blood cells. The intestines burn a mix of fuel. Muscle utilizes a mix of fuels. At rest, muscle cells oxidize almost 100% fatty acids. When exercising, muscle requires faster access to energy and begins to burn carbohydrates, stored as glycogen within the tissue” 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 12:53:39 pm »